Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2010, 06:53 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,144,441 times

Advertisements

I'm just curious whether there is any effective treatment that will actually do away with the wrinkles on the upper and lower eyelids. I know there non-surgical treatments for facial wrinkles--and some of them do work--but is there anything other than surgery that will erase eyelid wrinkles?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2010, 07:04 PM

37,407 posts, read 45,595,277 times
If you want wrinkles removed, then yes, surgery is the only way to do that. There is no magical wrinkle cream that will remove them, I don't care what the ads say. Don't waste your money.

Old 02-02-2010, 04:01 AM

2,957 posts, read 12,678,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
I'm just curious whether there is any effective treatment that will actually do away with the wrinkles on the upper and lower eyelids. I know there non-surgical treatments for facial wrinkles--and some of them do work--but is there anything other than surgery that will erase eyelid wrinkles?

You must be new to wrinkles. They bother you most in the beginning.

I've come to embrace my wrinkles. They're mine, part of the life journey that is written on my face. When I smile my eyes crinkle up at the edges, and that comes from decades of smiles made by these eyes.

Wrinkles are ok. They are character, they lend an air of authority and maturity.

See these wrinkles? Yeah, so don't give me your cockamamie story, these wrinkly eyes have seen plenty, and to borrow from Judge Judy "Don't p*ss on my leg and tell me it's raining." Age has taught me a lot.

Which is not to say that one should forgo personal beauty maintenance in later years. Ongoing personal maintenance is necessary, surgery is not. Wrinkles happen. Just try to keep everything looking as upscale as possible without clownish intervention.

You are who you are.

Old 02-02-2010, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoria View Post
You must be new to wrinkles.
No, I am not new to wrinkles. I am 74 and have had my share of wrinkles for decades. I just thought I would ask to see if something new had come onto the market and I might have missed finding out about it.

Old 02-02-2010, 12:22 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,162,521 times
Someone who is GOOD with putting in botox and does not over do it. I think that looks really nice and not alien. Day one may look a little alien. LOL...But its less recovery time than an eye job. It juts softens everything. There are also injectable fillers. But there seems to be more complication stories going with that than to botox.

Have you tried any of those new "lifting" foundations? I have not but the look interesting. Chanel has one and I think Rimmel? I like the chanel shades though.

Old 02-02-2010, 01:06 PM

14,229 posts, read 29,900,389 times
Ok, don't laugh too hard but I've heard makeup artists have been using Preparation H as a temporary fix for ages. I'm not sure it works but I've been thinking about trying it.

Old 02-02-2010, 03:15 PM

I had forgotten about the Preparation H use for wrinkles but remember this from years past. Did a little research and found out that the FDA had a hand in forcing the manufacturer to reformulate the product WITHOUT the skin tightening ingredient. However, the original formula Prep H is still available online from Canadian suppliers. So if any CD members want to give this a try, you will have to order from Canada to get the original formula.

Old 02-03-2010, 03:19 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,162,521 times
Why would they make them take it out? I think that is what you would want to happen downstairs when you use it too eh?

I just remembered too...If you want to google around...They have home laser stuff to tighten skin now and of course doc versions. Its new and little $$$$. But I thought you may like to read about it anyway.

Facial Skin Tightening Procedure | LIVESTRONG.COM

I forget if the home units are available now or not. I think I saw it on fox news...or was it cnn?

Old 02-03-2010, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Why would they make them take it out? I think that is what you would want to happen downstairs when you use it too eh?

I just remembered too...If you want to google around...They have home laser stuff to tighten skin now and of course doc versions. Its new and little $$$$. But I thought you may like to read about it anyway.

Facial Skin Tightening Procedure | LIVESTRONG.COM

I forget if the home units are available now or not. I think I saw it on fox news...or was it cnn?
The FDA, the AMA and the pharmaceutical industry are in bed with each other. My guess is that the use of Preparation H, being cheap and effective, the cosmetic surgery docs didn't want anything like that so readily available to the public. It cuts into their profits.

Same thing happened with ordering contact lenses online. You have to have a new prescription from an eye doc every year now. A few years ago you could order them without a prescription but not any more.

Thanks for the additional info. pitt.

Old 02-05-2010, 02:01 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,926,006 times
Botox won't work on those crepey upper lids...it will be effective for "laugh" lines and crows feet, but not the upper lid....that's just excess skin that has to be surgically removed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty