U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 07:57 AM

5,273 posts, read 6,394,282 times

Advertisements

I am po,'d!! NO MORE MAX FACTOR --I loved loved loved Max Factor Aqualash 2000 calorie mascara...now it's clear from the shelves! I have looked everywhere online--even Ebay --nada, nothing...rich black is the one I use.................

Anyone suggest a really good waterproof mascara that works wonders?? I have yet to find..I keep buying and throw them out because none work!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2010, 11:18 AM

1,036 posts, read 3,946,433 times
I LOVE Lancome mascara. I buy it out an outlet but it is usually on the pricier side, but it is constantly rated one of the top mascaras.

Old 02-08-2010, 12:10 PM

42,837 posts, read 77,102,498 times
What's happened with Max Factor...? What end?

Old 02-08-2010, 01:29 PM

5,273 posts, read 6,394,282 times
thanks Mar! I will look into them! Maybe clinique too....

I hate when a fav is off the market!

Old 02-08-2010, 01:36 PM

23,440 posts, read 30,607,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
What's happened with Max Factor...? What end?
Theres an announcement on the official site.........they suggest you try Covergirl
All the drag queens I know must be having a meltdown due to no more panstick or pancake makeup!!!!!

Old 02-08-2010, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Theres an announcement on the official site.........they suggest you try Covergirl
All the drag queens I know must be having a meltdown due to no more panstick or pancake makeup!!!!!
Ha, I'd never expect them to bite the dust! Those annoying Flash screens kept moving, though, and I couldn't even read what the deal was, but I did glance at something saying "not available in the U.S"... Why would that be...?

Just checked to see who owns them because judging by the recommendation, it's obvious both brands have the same owner. They're owned by Proctor & Gamble. How weird...

Proctor & Gamble: 2006 revenues of $68.222 billion U.S. dollars (this includes all brands). Beauty sales alone equaled $21.1 billion. P&G sells many different kinds of consumer products (their brands range from Tide to Gillette to Pampers to Iams to Tampax and many, many more). You can read the entire listhere

Beauty brands: Gillette, Head & Shoulders, Olay, Pantene, Wella, Aussie, Clairol, CoverGirl, Herbal Essences, Infusium 23, Ivory Soap, Max Factor, Natural Instincts, Nice'n Easy, Noxzema, Secret, SK-II, Vidal Sassoon.

Beauty Industry: Who Owns What? - MakeupTalk

Old 02-08-2010, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Ha, I'd never expect them to bite the dust! Those annoying Flash screens kept moving, though, and I couldn't even read what the deal was, but I did glance at something saying "not available in the U.S"... Why would that be...?

Just checked to see who owns them because judging by the recommendation, it's obvious both brands have the same owner. They're owned by Proctor & Gamble. How weird...

Proctor & Gamble: 2006 revenues of $68.222 billion U.S. dollars (this includes all brands). Beauty sales alone equaled $21.1 billion. P&G sells many different kinds of consumer products (their brands range from Tide to Gillette to Pampers to Iams to Tampax and many, many more). You can read the entire listhere

Beauty brands: Gillette, Head & Shoulders, Olay, Pantene, Wella, Aussie, Clairol, CoverGirl, Herbal Essences, Infusium 23, Ivory Soap, Max Factor, Natural Instincts, Nice'n Easy, Noxzema, Secret, SK-II, Vidal Sassoon.

Beauty Industry: Who Owns What? - MakeupTalk
Yeah, those pesky screens were annoying......I tried to Google why they were pulling out of the US market, but found nothing.....

Old 02-08-2010, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Yeah, those pesky screens were annoying......I tried to Google why they were pulling out of the US market, but found nothing.....
Procter & Gamble says it will phase out U.S. sales of the century-old Max Factor makeup brand. The Cincinnati-based consumer products maker says it will keep selling Max Factor overseas, where its sales have been strongest. P&G has been building up its CoverGirl cosmetics business in the United States, and the two brands are both sold widely in U.S. drugstores, other mass retail chains and online. A P&G spokeswoman says CoverGirl sales have risen the past eight years and are nearing $1 billion a year. She says Max Factor sales have been better overseas and total $1.2 billion globally. P&G said Thursday it will end U.S. sales of Max Factor products in early 2010. P&G acquired the brand from Revlon Inc. in 1991.

Blogdorf Goodman

Stock up on 2000 calorie mascara: Max Factor is moving overseas

Old 02-08-2010, 02:34 PM

good deal! Tried to rep you, but couldnt.

Old 02-08-2010, 05:53 PM

522 posts, read 1,208,317 times
I've never used their products but I'd recommend something by Smashbox or Laura Mercier. They're pricier, but Wal-Mart now carries the newly revamped Hard Candy line. They sell mascaras and if their waterproof mascara is anything like their waterproof liquid eyeliner, I'd recommend giving that a try.

I'm not a fan of Covergirl. I like what some of their mascaras do to my lashes but even the waterproof ones tend to smear a little.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty