Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2010, 10:32 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,139,533 times

Advertisements

Morphous, are those women prostitutes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2010, 10:35 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,037,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
Morphous, are those women prostitutes?
Na, they are the new UK generation that are getting really crazy with binge drinking/clubbing and what not.

Ambulance service receives emergency call every 8 seconds as Binge Britain welcomes in 2008 | Mail Online

Old 03-07-2010, 11:02 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,616,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
Na, they are the new UK generation that are getting really crazy with binge drinking/clubbing and what not.

Ambulance service receives emergency call every 8 seconds as Binge Britain welcomes in 2008 | Mail Online
That's scary - I'd have pegged them as hookers.

Old 03-07-2010, 11:51 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,263,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post

[URL="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-505497/Ambulance-service-receives-emergency-8-seconds-Binge-Britain-welcomes-2008.html"]Ambulance service receives emergency call every 8 seconds as Binge Britain welcomes in 2008 | Mail Online[/URL]

New generation? That's no worse than what my college campus looked like on a Thursday night in 1986.

Old 03-08-2010, 06:42 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViking85 View Post

You know TKramar, in many posts here you've claimed to be a man who respects women, and puts them on a pedestal, but when it comes to it, you only respect them if they fall within your definition of how they should be, don't they?

That certainly isn't the traits of a proper gentleman in my book. If you only respect women that fall within your own view of how they should be, you're no better than any of the scum bags you talk about yourself.

Don't want to see, don't look.
Whoa, I can only put them on a pedestal if I have some sort of relationship with them to begin with. I won't have a relationship with someone who doesn't respect herself though.

Old 03-08-2010, 06:49 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Methinks thou art misplacing the muffin, m'lord...

Thy modern muffin art residing upon thy maiden's middle. Truth, thy breastworks art but a pimple upon thy mountain of belly-flesh.
Oh my! The navigations are complex in this 21st century. Indeed I do 'Stand" corrected!

Old 03-08-2010, 06:51 AM

4,500 posts, read 12,337,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Whoa, I can only put them on a pedestal if I have some sort of relationship with them to begin with. I won't have a relationship with someone who doesn't respect herself though.
Who are you to say that women who are scantily dressed do not respect themselves?

They might not fall into your perception of what's decent, but that does not equate a lack of self respect.

Old 03-08-2010, 06:57 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
If they don't value themselves as anything but a sexual object, if they only want to be seen that way, it seems as if they don't have much respect for themselves.

Streetwalkers advertise their wares--and studies have proven that they do not have much respect for themselves.

Old 03-08-2010, 07:04 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,011,688 times
Well, Ron -- kudos for starting one interesting thread. This one was entertaining enough that I read each and every response through 10 pages before finally sticking in my two cents.

Like everyone here I have both opinions and preferences. That being said, the simplest way I can sum it ALL up is this:

I think women should be completely free to dress however they wish, feel, desire, be that conservatively or as whorishly garish as humanly feasible.

And I also think that I, as a grown man, am perfectly free to view them in whatever light and react in whatever fashion I so choose.

Quite frankly, I think the dress of many modern women is a reflection of modern female "entitlement". And yes, I'm well aware that not every woman out there behaves thusly. However, the best illustration I can provide comes from a conversation I was having with a woman some years back when I was discussing a pretty volatile topic (rape). I brought up dress and conduct (NOT as the sole factors, so please, let's not be stupid) and received this statement in response:

"I don't care if I'm doing naked backflips off your car, it doesn't mean I want to sleep with you."

I mean honestly, how does one argue with that?!?

Quite simply, one does not. One nods, smiles and then one dismisses; because anyone that incredibly stupid doesn't deserve attention. If someone thinks so highly of one gender and so poorly of another, genuinely believing that men have the responsibility to exercise self-restraint and absolute, infallible control while women have the total freedom to dress and act however they choose without repercussion -- then what more can possibly be said?

Men are supposed to look, but only when we WANT them to look and not for one second longer! Only the men we WANT to look are supposed to look; every other guy who looks is a creep and we'll label him "a typical man" and deride him. I'm wearing this blouse slit down to my belly-button because it's my right to show off what I've got and I want people to look, to notice me, to appreciate and desire me, but any man who looks is also, because he looks and desires me, a loathesome pig who needs to control his urges.

I spent years being driven nuts by this double standard when one day it hit me, *BOOM*:

I'm 50 percent of Humanity. I'm a man, there are only men and women out there, ergo I am 50 percent of that equation. As such I hold 50 percent of the power.

Some women will take their 50 percent and dress like teenagers, ACT like teenagers, react like teenagers -- and that's their right.

By that same token it's my right to look at what they want to show me. If they want to expose their breasts completely, or want to wear clingy, satiny garments with no restraining undergarments, or wear skirts so mini that their derrieres are completely exposed, or pants so tight nothing is left to the imagination -- more power to them, and thanks for the show, ladies! I appreciate it, because I'm a red-blooded man and I LURVES da wimmenz!

Just don't make the mistake of thinking I see you as MORE than a good time and eye candy.

Some women will take their 50 percent and sometimes they'll dress like they're professional, sometimes they'll dress like they're modest, other times they'll put on a show for us men. That is their right.

And it's my right to appreciate them for who THEY portray themselves to be, whether Tomboy or Librarian or Sleek Professional or On the Town. I can appreciate them for the eye-candy they offer AND I can appreciate them as Women, capable, self-sufficient and confident.

Honestly, Ron (and other readers), that's all it is in the end: Being who you want to be.

All of us are sexual beings; some of us are just being sex.

If some women aren't being treated the way they want to be treated... well, tough. There's a reason for the old saying There are women you sleep with and women you marry.

You still get to sleep with the ones you marry, by the way. You just treat them better if you have any sense.

Old 03-08-2010, 07:13 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
A scarf? Panties? Toe less socks and High Heels? Did they loose their clothing, or go out ??dressed?? like that to begin with?

Being the cheap biker tramp I am, I would crash for sure if I saw that while riding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty