Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2010, 10:35 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,182,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Ron, its not classy to gaggle eye everything that walks in front of you or insult people.

And lets be honest, some girls don't get looked at unless the are skanked out.
ok.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2010, 11:08 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,257,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
ok.
Now see if you had class you would of said "excuse me mam. I did not mean to offend"
Not "ok"

One word responses are so rude!

Old 03-08-2010, 11:32 AM

4,500 posts, read 12,342,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I don't recall comparing them to prostitutes at any point. Maybe you were thinking of someone else. I only emphasized that a woman with self-respect will dress modestly--and has other things to offer other than being a sexual object.
And I'm trying to emphasize that it's not my place to say that only women who dress modestly have self respect, for one, because I know it to be wrong, and secondly because only the individual woman can answer that question.

Old 03-08-2010, 11:35 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,961,276 times
Ya know..... there is the other side of that coin too.

It isn't like females don't look, hoot, hollar and leer..

In my other life, as a Buck Skinner where at events there is, the 'Breech Clout Contest' which is akin to a wet t shirt contest.

Any guy, man enough to dawn a breech clout and pretty must take off everything except maybe his mocs, can play, and get what ever razzin the girls will dish out. I have been there more than once, and even now I bet I could get atleast a mmmmm with a raised eye brow. A tan might help which is a start over deal in NH, and last summer was cold..

LOL, Oncet in a blue wool breech clout, trimmed in gray wool, and high fashoned up in my own Trade Silver, Quick like, I cut a red wool tonge from some scrap in my possibles and sewed it on, under the front flap. That seemed to work really good

Cheap Biker Tramps can be so tacky......

Old 03-08-2010, 11:39 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,649,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViking85 View Post
And I'm trying to emphasize that it's not my place to say that only women who dress modestly have self respect, for one, because I know it to be wrong, and secondly because only the individual woman can answer that question.
Since there have been scientific studies done on the issue, I'll go with what they had to say.

Old 03-08-2010, 11:41 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,188,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
I'm in absolute agreement with you. And I think a man should be free to leer, whistle and hoot without risk of legal action or reprimand if a woman chooses to hang her **** out for everyone to see, to show off her camel toe, to even walk NAKED down the street. I think she has the right to do so, and I think every man is free to look, whistle, leer and make suggestive remarks and/or gestures.

And also, I think you're a radically biased doot-brain.
As this thread clearly shows, mens tastes vary. Some guys get hot over short skirts, others like professional wear. So, this justification of yours to act like an a$$ is not limited to your tastes, is it? And if it's not, then you're pretty much saying men have a right to lear, whistle, etc at any woman depending on what gets them off. Yes, the universe and everyone in it revolves around your penis. mmm kay.

eta: now if I'm misunderstanding something, please forgive. But that's how it's reading to me.

Old 03-08-2010, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
As this thread clearly shows, mens tastes vary. Some guys get hot over short skirts, others like professional wear. So, this justification of yours to act like an a$$ is not limited to your tastes, is it? And if it's not, then you're pretty much saying men have a right to lear, whistle, etc at any woman depending on what gets them off. Yes, the universe and everyone in it revolves around your penis. mmm kay.
Um, I believe that women look too. Some even make comments.

Old 03-08-2010, 12:02 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,188,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Um, I believe that women look too. Some even make comments.
Well, that's not the point now is it? Try again.

Old 03-08-2010, 12:07 PM

Why isn't it the point? Is there some sort of double standard you're running here?

A man who dresses immodestly is just as bad. There's no need for him to go out wearing a Speedo...and nothing else.

Last edited by TKramar; 03-08-2010 at 12:27 PM..

Old 03-08-2010, 12:21 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,205,058 times
Hear! Hear! Agree wholeheartedly. Women don't have to dress in tents but too many today look like sluts when they go out in public.

Several years ago a guy commented to me on the workout attire I wore to and from a co-ed aerobics class. I wore the workout clothes but had tied a big, colorful sarong around my waist, which I shed for the workout but put back on when I left. He told me he really liked the way I had covered myself, that he thought it was far more attractive than wearing just the tights and leotards coming in and leaving. A little mystery along with suggestion is far more alluring than blatantly letting everything show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty