U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-15-2010, 03:12 PM
 
Location: Nipomo
4,818 posts, read 10,532,310 times
Reputation: 1269

Advertisements

Do Tilly's and Buckle stores usually open in larger markets? My area has JcPenney's, Kohl's, Fashion Bug, Ross, and TJ'Maxx. There is a Zumiez, Vans, DC Shoes, and PacSun 35 minutes away in an outlet mall. I am hoping we get a Buckle or Tilly's in one of the shopping centers we have in the area. Tilly's is pretty new and it seems like they are opening in only larger markets, but I saw one opened in Menifee, CA. There were plans for one in San Luis Obispo, so is it possible they will open in smaller markets? What about Buckle? Do they open in strip malls in smaller markets?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-15-2010, 04:59 PM
 
522 posts, read 1,208,508 times
Reputation: 374
I think it depends on the area and the mall. I didn't know this until someone told me, but certain malls have a contract with local stores to prevent chain stores from competing with them.

I was spoiled because I was use to having all these chain stores available, then I moved to a place that had one very small mall. They don't have many stores but surprisingly they do have a Buckle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2010, 07:42 PM
 
Location: Nipomo
4,818 posts, read 10,532,310 times
Reputation: 1269
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertysFate View Post
I think it depends on the area and the mall. I didn't know this until someone told me, but certain malls have a contract with local stores to prevent chain stores from competing with them.

I was spoiled because I was use to having all these chain stores available, then I moved to a place that had one very small mall. They don't have many stores but surprisingly they do have a Buckle.
We don't have a mall. There is a lifestyle center about a half hour away, and mall shops in that city's downtown. There is a outlet mall 40 minutes away.

I heard Buckle tends to be in smaller markets, so is it possible they could come to my area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2010, 11:50 AM
 
Location: Up in the air
19,126 posts, read 25,789,079 times
Reputation: 16226
Quote:
Originally Posted by the city View Post
We don't have a mall. There is a lifestyle center about a half hour away, and mall shops in that city's downtown. There is a outlet mall 40 minutes away.

I heard Buckle tends to be in smaller markets, so is it possible they could come to my area?
I took a look at the website and if you're talking about north county...probably not. It seems a little pricey for that area, especially considering I hear people from Paso complaining that Wal Mart is getting a bit too expensive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2010, 11:49 PM
 
Location: Nipomo
4,818 posts, read 10,532,310 times
Reputation: 1269
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I took a look at the website and if you're talking about north county...probably not. It seems a little pricey for that area, especially considering I hear people from Paso complaining that Wal Mart is getting a bit too expensive.
Paso is pretty middle class. Templeton is the nicer part of North County, and is why we got a Trader Joes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2010, 09:13 AM
 
Location: Up in the air
19,126 posts, read 25,789,079 times
Reputation: 16226
Quote:
Originally Posted by the city View Post
Paso is pretty middle class. Templeton is the nicer part of North County, and is why we got a Trader Joes.
The reason Templeton got the Trader Joe's is because it's the best bet for the company being between two 'larger' communities. If they put it in Atascadero, people from Paso probably wouldn't make the drive. If they put it in Paso, they miss out on the Atascadero Market. Notice it's placed basically right in between Paso and Atascadero right off the freeway.

It's not because Templeton is 'nicer', it's because TJs will attract the most customers at that location.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2010, 09:23 AM
 
Location: Nipomo
4,818 posts, read 10,532,310 times
Reputation: 1269
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
The reason Templeton got the Trader Joe's is because it's the best bet for the company being between two 'larger' communities. If they put it in Atascadero, people from Paso probably wouldn't make the drive. If they put it in Paso, they miss out on the Atascadero Market. Notice it's placed basically right in between Paso and Atascadero right off the freeway.

It's not because Templeton is 'nicer', it's because TJs will attract the most customers at that location.
They have considered putting it in Atascadero or Paso Robles. Even now it's a consideration because they are asking folks for zip codes. The information they found out was the main consumer is from Templeton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2010, 09:34 AM
 
Location: Up in the air
19,126 posts, read 25,789,079 times
Reputation: 16226
Quote:
Originally Posted by the city View Post
They have considered putting it in Atascadero or Paso Robles. Even now it's a consideration because they are asking folks for zip codes. The information they found out was the main consumer is from Templeton.
I really doubt they would put one in either. People from Paso complain that WalMart is too expensive and Atascadero is pretty close to a ghost town as it is.

Templeton has only 5000 people living there, so that's not exactly a 'target' consumer base. It makes sense to put it between two larger communities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2010, 10:42 PM
 
Location: Nipomo
4,818 posts, read 10,532,310 times
Reputation: 1269
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I really doubt they would put one in either. People from Paso complain that WalMart is too expensive and Atascadero is pretty close to a ghost town as it is.

Templeton has only 5000 people living there, so that's not exactly a 'target' consumer base. It makes sense to put it between two larger communities.
You seem to have a misconception about Templeton. Our current population is about 9,200 population. I may be wrong, and it could be higher now. We are the most desired community to live in North County and have maintained steady growth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-18-2010, 12:08 PM
 
Location: Up in the air
19,126 posts, read 25,789,079 times
Reputation: 16226
Quote:
Originally Posted by the city View Post
You seem to have a misconception about Templeton. Our current population is about 9,200 population. I may be wrong, and it could be higher now. We are the most desired community to live in North County and have maintained steady growth.
I lived in Templeton for quite some time, and my boyfriends parents have lived there for over a decade, so I know Templeton pretty well

I took a look at wiki and it says that Templeton is just over 9000 residents, so I was wrong on that aspect. As for desired? That's completely subjective. I wouldn't move back there, though, and that's just one gals opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top