U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2010, 03:43 PM

92 posts, read 218,532 times

Advertisements

This is a question mainly directed toward guys, but anyone can answer. I was just wondering if having arm hair bugs men? I'm a girl and I must say that I have quite a bit of it, but at least the hairs are blonde and straight. It has never bugged me but recently I have noticed that the majority of women out there seem to have very little arm hair. Do guys even notice arm hair to begin with?

Do you think I am being overly critical? Please give me your opinions on this subject. It would be greatly appreciated!
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2010, 04:46 PM

660 posts, read 1,320,822 times
Not sure if this helps explain anything, but if a male "takes estrogen" (i.e., pill, injection, patch) one of the things that will occur within a couple of months is that the body hair will become noticeably thinner.

Old 03-15-2010, 04:49 PM

92 posts, read 218,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColorsOfMe View Post
Not sure if this helps explain anything, but if a male "takes estrogen" (i.e., pill, injection, patch) one of the things that will occur within a couple of months is that the body hair will become noticeably thinner.
Yes, this does help... The hair on my arms is quite fine and is not thick like arm hair on most men. I guess my hairs are just longer and that's what makes them more noticeable, I suppose.

But keep on with your opinions... I would love to see more! THanks!

Old 03-15-2010, 05:38 PM

660 posts, read 1,320,822 times
Also, with a male taking estrogen, hairs in the nose becomes a lot thinner (to non-existent in appearance) and facial hair begins to think noticeably.

I think I heard one time that you can get a sense of one's "hormonal balance" by looking at details like this. (it's not all just genetics!)

Old 03-17-2010, 03:33 PM

9,209 posts, read 18,039,121 times
I'm a girl and can't speak for what guys like, but I hate to see women with dark hair on their arms! It creeps me out. I've even had nightmares in which I've had dark hair on my arms or legs!

I have fine blond hair on my arms. But if I had dark hair on my arms, I would have to use some kind of hair removal cream. I can't imagine a guy getting turned on by a woman with arms that look as hairy as his.

Come to think of it, those are usually the same woman who tend to bleach hair on their face. Do they think they are fooling anyone? Now that the moustache is bleached blond no one can see it? It's invisible? Really? Just use depilatory cream--or wax--or get it lasered or something!

Old 03-17-2010, 04:11 PM

5,148 posts, read 4,221,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColorsOfMe View Post
Also, with a male taking estrogen, hairs in the nose becomes a lot thinner (to non-existent in appearance) and facial hair begins to think noticeably.

I think I heard one time that you can get a sense of one's "hormonal balance" by looking at details like this. (it's not all just genetics!)

If my facial hair starts thinking, I'm in for a world of trouble.

Old 03-17-2010, 04:26 PM

5,414 posts, read 7,625,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
If my facial hair starts thinking, I'm in for a world of trouble.
What about leg hair??

Honestly, I haven't really paid much attention to it, but it is very noticeable on some women (dark-haired women) but most of them find a way to remove it. I had an otherwise attractive English teacher once who had the longest hair on her arms.. and it was sorta odd. Only reason any of us ever paid attention is because she brought it up once or twice and it was pretty dark, she was a Latina.

I've since noticed that a majority of the females I see remove their arm hair, so..

must be some sort of cultural thing.

Old 03-17-2010, 06:45 PM

35,817 posts, read 39,334,463 times
My sister is self conscious about hair on her arm, even though as a fair blonde, it's not really noticeable. She even tried to remove it for a while, but arm stubble really isn't attractive.

Old 03-17-2010, 08:15 PM

13,388 posts, read 42,701,155 times
Depending on what you do with the rest of your body and hair, you can probably distract the vast majority of guys away from looking at blonde arm hair. If it's thick and black, maybe not.

But, for example, did Marilyn Monroe have hair on her arms? Does anyone know? What about Anna Nicole? Did anyone care?

That said if it bugs you, electrolysis is the way to get rid of it. Painful, time-consuming and expensive, but effective.

Old 03-17-2010, 08:34 PM

3,065 posts, read 5,276,562 times
Wear long sleeve shirts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty