Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 06:15 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,188,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie100 View Post
Well, I just wanted to share that personally I OFTEN stay home on Saturday nights and Friday nights and put makeup on without plans to go ANYWHERE, just for fun and then I take photos of myself!
LOL! I'm actually tearing up over this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2010, 06:18 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,192,311 times
Quote:
oh? Then how come there were many times I put makeup on and then just washed it off and went to sleep? Without posting pics of myself anywhere? Who was I trying to impress then? Please DO TELL.
Its one thing to feel good about oneself. Everyone does. I can stay indoors all week, but I will still take showers and have a shave to feel good about myself and feel comfortable. But I will not sit here and blatantly lie like you do. When I dress up and make myself look good I do it for 2 reasons. One, as you said to make myself feel good and comfortable and two, to impress and attract the opposite sex.

You're a very attention seeking type of girl. I absolutely refuse to believe the rubbish you spout. I know the type of girl you. Very self-conceited and stuck-up. You love attention from men and you love competing with women about it. You're not gonna convince anyone with your half-arsed argument.

Old 03-30-2010, 06:33 PM

3 posts, read 6,477 times
Quote:
Well, personally I LIKE being attractive and I do find makeup attractive. I just love it.
There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. You should always remember you come first. I feel the exact same way about going to the gym. I'm not doing it to attract a woman, but to feel better about myself. A good self image is important in this harsh world, ya know?

Old 03-30-2010, 06:33 PM

1,215 posts, read 2,959,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorrans View Post
Its one thing to feel good about oneself. Everyone does. I can stay indoors all week, but I will still take showers and have a shave to feel good about myself and feel comfortable. But I will not sit here and blatantly lie like you do. When I dress up and make myself look good I do it for 2 reasons. One, as you said to make myself feel good and comfortable and two, to impress and attract the opposite sex.

You're a very attention seeking type of girl. I absolutely refuse to believe the rubbish you spout. I know the type of girl you. Very self-conceited and stuck-up. You love attention from men and you love competing with women about it. You're not gonna convince anyone with your half-arsed argument.
I am conceited and stuck up. Vain too. I admit that. I like looking at myself. I don't like men though. I don't date at all.

I do compete with other women sometimes but it's not necessarily about men.

Old 03-30-2010, 06:38 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,192,311 times
Quote:
I am conceited and stuck up. Vain too. I admit that. I like looking at myself. I don't like men though. I don't date at all.

I do compete with other women sometimes but it's not necessarily about men.
You're trying too hard to convince people. Bless your little cotton socks.

Edit: I'm wiling to bet that I look better than you. A pint and a bag of Walkers' crisps.

Old 03-30-2010, 06:53 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,398,043 times
Quote:

Who peed in your Wheaties this morning???

Old 03-30-2010, 07:07 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,249,857 times
Quote:
You're trying too hard to convince people. Bless your little cotton socks.

Edit: I'm wiling to bet that I look better than you. A pint and a bag of Walkers' crisps.
I'm dying here buddy!LMAO.........

Old 03-30-2010, 07:08 PM

1,392 posts, read 3,127,524 times
I wear makeup because without it, I look like a 12 year old boy!

Old 03-30-2010, 07:08 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,673,142 times
While I think the OP is just intentionally trying to be over the top self-absorbed, I will say that I too have an experimental make up sessions just for the fun of it. Sometimes I take pictures, sometimes I don't. I have hair nights too, sometimes both at the same time.

It really is a lot of fun seeing many different ways to come up with to make yourself look good. Even if the look never leaves the house, its still fun to know it.

Old 03-30-2010, 07:11 PM

1,215 posts, read 2,959,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onglet39 View Post
While I think the OP is just intentionally trying to be over the top self-absorbed, I will say that I too have an experimental make up sessions just for the fun of it. Sometimes I take pictures, sometimes I don't. I have hair nights too, sometimes both at the same time.

It really is a lot of fun seeing many different ways to come up with to make yourself look good. Even if the look never leaves the house, its still fun to know it.
Exactly and digital pictures are more PRECISE than mirrors. For example, for a long time I used to wear blue-based cool pink blushes on my cheeks and it looked fine in the mirror but after studying pics of myself in-depth I found that those colors are NOT flattering on me at all and that warm peachy hues suit me MUCH better since I have a warm skintone with yellow undertones.

The camera captures everything better, like if you didn't do your eyeliner right or if your brows uneven. Sometimes you don't see these things when looking in the mirror.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty