Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2010, 07:31 PM

1,802 posts, read 2,912,379 times

Advertisements

Well we all know fashion comes and goes, tatts that have now are not going to look good when you are old, my husband had his done in the early 60's, the ink blends into one so you can't really make out what they are, or were.

Old 04-23-2010, 08:28 PM

46,169 posts, read 26,834,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Chuck, please read what you said, and not what you THINK you said

You said that most people who get full sleeve tattoos will regreat [sic] them and that those who will not regreat [sic] them do not want anything more than to work at the local cornor [sic] store.

JetJockey appears to be a person who has a full sleeve tattoo and does not regret it nor does he/she work at the corner store.

Perhaps you should introduce some doubt into your mind.

Thank you for proving my point.....

If you will READ my reply to what JetJockey said....And I'm going to HIGHLIGHT it for you also...so please...before you spew from your mouth be sure to read...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Please read what I said and not what you THINK I said.....I said I KNOW he has a full sleeve and that he has made it....

JetJockey, I was told you are a female....sorry for all the "HE" comments....

I was specifically referring to "MOST" people...I've highlighted it below just incase you missed it....I also specifically mentioned "FULL SLEEVE"....not a person with tattoo's....as I've said before I have tats....I know you have a full sleeve and more....

Good for you, you have made yourself....again please note what I said and not what you think I said...I have also highlighted my quote...

So now, my question is...when you have to go to meetings with these million dollar companies....do you wear a short sleeve dress shirt or a long sleeve dress shirt....

But let me say from an aviation guy to an aviation guy...just becasue you work with million dollar ACFT means nothing...my military Chinook (CH-47) was worth just as much as your jet...or more...but that did not go on my resume....

Old 04-23-2010, 08:54 PM

13,290 posts, read 15,227,059 times
Quote:
Thank you for proving my point.....

If you will READ my reply to what JetJockey said....And I'm going to HIGHLIGHT it for you also...so please...before you spew from your mouth be sure to read...
Thank you for proving MY point.

If you will READ what you wrote, and I'm going to highlight it for you-again, before you spew from your mouth again you should see that you are obviously incorrect.

Quote:
No doubt in my mind that "MOST" people will regreat getting full sleeve tats when they are older...the people that will not regret them are the people who do not want anything more than to work at the local cornor store....
Let's see if we can do this another way to help you understand.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that when you say "most people will regreat [sic] getting full sleeve tats when they are older" you actually mean that most people WITH full sleeve tats will regret it. That out of the way...

You have stated that:
There are people with sleeves
People with sleeves fall into 1 of 2 categories
1) People who regret it
2) People who don't regret it
You have also stated that all people who don't regret it are people who don't want anything more than to work at the local corner store.

We can see this graphically here

However, JetJockey is a person that has sleeves, does not regret it, and does not work at the corner store. JetJockey is an impossibility given the assumptions created in your mind. Since JetJockey is a living breathing human being it must be that your assumption regarding people with sleeves is false.

Last edited by filihok; 04-23-2010 at 09:06 PM..

Old 04-23-2010, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Let's see if we can do this another way to help you understand.

I have stated nothing...i said MOST people...that does not equate to 2...

Quote:

You have stated that:
There are people with sleeves
People with sleeves fall into 1 of 2 categories
1) People who regret it
2) People who don't regret it
You have also stated that all people who don't regret it are people who don't want anything more than to work at the local corner store.
Hummmm...You said I put people into 2 categories but it is OBVIOUS that you have 3 in your above quote....
Just so we are straight....here is the definition of most...

1. In the greatest quantity, amount, measure, degree, or number: to win the most votes. 2. in the majority of instances: Most operations are successful.
3. greatest, as in size or extent: the most talent

This can be found here Most | Define Most at Dictionary.com

So you placing my word "most" as only having a total of 2 is incorrect....

So you are worried about the word "getting" here is the definition (one of many, but depending on how you want to turn words around to make yourself look better)

1. Nonstandard To have current possession of. Used in the past tense form with the meaning of the present: They got a nice house in town.
Can be found here... Getting | Define Getting at Dictionary.com

So, to please YOU, I should say people who have "GOTTEN"....does that make you feel better.....

NO NO NO...and for the SECOND TIME......

Quote:
However, JetJockey is a person that has sleeves, does not regret it, and does not work at the corner store. JetJockey is an impossibility given the assumptions created in your mind. Since JetJockey is a living breathing human being it must be that your assumption regarding people with sleeves is false.
I said...

Quote:
Good for you, you have made yourself....
You do understand this my quote above is saying CONGRATULATIONS, you do see that don't you....

Stop trying to twist other peoples words to make you look better...your only making a fool of yourself...

I also said.....

Quote:
....I know you have a full sleeve and more....

Old 04-23-2010, 09:49 PM

7,887 posts, read 17,118,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
I know some people will say I'm too conservative. But I think tatoos are trashy. I don't see what is attractive about having colored ink on ones skin. Not to mention the fact that people complain about not having money, yet they're blowing it on tatoos, piercings and other nonsense.

I also tend to think that people who get tattoos, especially those who have a lot of them, have something that's a little off about them emotionally.

Does anyone else, agree? Disagree? I'm sure the people who have tatoos will disagree and most of those who agree won't have them.
I don't have any tattoos, but I think it's a personal decision, and I have no problem with people if they want to get them. The one thing I will say is that people who get tattoos have to realize that they are semi-permanent, and people will judge you and may look down on you. Of course you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but people will, and especially in some careers, you may have to hide tattoos or be unable to do the job.

I will also say that I wouldn't date any woman who had more than a very small and hidden tattoo. It's just not attractive to me. It's a real turnoff.

Old 04-23-2010, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Spoiler

I have stated nothing...i said MOST people...that does not equate to 2...

Hummmm...You said I put people into 2 categories but it is OBVIOUS that you have 3 in your above quote....
Just so we are straight....here is the definition of most...

1. In the greatest quantity, amount, measure, degree, or number: to win the most votes. 2. in the majority of instances: Most operations are successful.
3. greatest, as in size or extent: the most talent

This can be found here Most | Define Most at Dictionary.com

So you placing my word "most" as only having a total of 2 is incorrect....

So you are worried about the word "getting" here is the definition (one of many, but depending on how you want to turn words around to make yourself look better)

1. Nonstandard To have current possession of. Used in the past tense form with the meaning of the present: They got a nice house in town.
Can be found here... Getting | Define Getting at Dictionary.com

So, to please YOU, I should say people who have "GOTTEN"....does that make you feel better.....

NO NO NO...and for the SECOND TIME......

I said...

You do understand this my quote above is saying CONGRATULATIONS, you do see that don't you....

Stop trying to twist other peoples words to make you look better...your only making a fool of yourself...

I also said.....
This post doesn't even make enough sense for me to form a response to it

Let's try again...third time is a charm, they say

Quote:
No doubt in my mind that "MOST" people will regreat getting full sleeve tats when they are older...the people that will not regret them are the people who do not want anything more than to work at the local cornor store....
Ok...let us suppose that there are 100 people in the entire world with full sleeve tattoos.

You say that 'most' will regreat [sic] it when they are older. So, at least 51 will regret it when they are older.

100 people with full sleeve tattoos
51 who will regret it when they are older

Since 100-51=49, that leaves 49 whom you claim will not regret it when they are older.

Quote:
the people that will not regret them are the people who do not want anything more than to work at the local cornor store....
We now have
100 people with full sleeve tattoos
51 who will regret it
49 who will not regret it. These 49 who will not regret it also do not want anything more than to work at the corner grocery store, according to your assumption.

JetJockey is one of the 100 people who have a full sleeve tattoo.

Now we need to see which subgroup of the full sleeve tattoo people JetJockey falls into.

By your definition JetJockey must either
be one of the 51 people who regret it
or be one of the 49 people who do not regret it and work at the corner store

JetJockey does not regret it, so JetJockey is not 1 of the 51 people who regret it
However, JetJockey does not work at the corner store either and is not 1 of the 49 people who do not regret it and work at the corner store.

Since JetJockey does not fit into the framework created by your assumption, then your assumption must be false.

Old 04-24-2010, 06:04 AM

I said MOST...that does not mean 2 sets of people...that means MANY....as by the definitions I had posted...but I guess you could not figure that out...

1. those with full sleeve tats
2. those without full sleeve tats
3. those that want to get full sleeve tats
4. those that regret getting (Gotten for you) the full sleeve tats
5. those that love there full sleeve tats
6. those that envy people with full sleeve tats
7. those that hate people with full sleeve tats
8. those with full sleeve tats that have made it
9. those with full sleeve tats who have not

So, 1 - 9 above is my very vague definition of "MOST"

So again, stop using what you think you need to use to make yourself look better....you assumptions are incorrect....

I have also said ONCE AGAIN....that JETJOCKEY has made it....do you understand that...I SAID SHE MADE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I understand she has made....she still fall into my definition of most...see number 8 above...

Just for show, i'm going to put my quote up AGAIN just for you filihok to show yo once again that I said "I know you have a full sleeve tat AND that she has made it....

Quote:
Good for you, you have made yourself......
Good by, until you can come up with something besides twisting my words and inserting "what ever" you want. I have told JetJockey congrats....

I know your going to come back with a graph, or something like that to show everyone where I'm wrong or something like that...but, it will be with your words and not mine....

Buy-bye.....

Old 04-24-2010, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Quote:
I said MOST...that does not mean 2 sets of people...that means MANY....as by the definitions I had posted...but I guess you could not figure that out...
Ok...so earlier I gave you the benefit of the doubt, but I see that that was a mistake on my part.

So you are actually saying that you believe that most of the people in the world will regret getting full sleeve tats.

That would require that over 50% of the people in the world have full sleeve tats and over 50% of the people in the world regret getting full sleeve tats.

I don't think that is the case.

Quote:
1. those with full sleeve tats
2. those without full sleeve tats
3. those that want to get full sleeve tats
4. those that regret getting (Gotten for you) the full sleeve tats
5. those that love there full sleeve tats
6. those that envy people with full sleeve tats
7. those that hate people with full sleeve tats
8. those with full sleeve tats that have made it
9. those with full sleeve tats who have not

So, 1 - 9 above is my very vague definition of "MOST"
Numbers 1 and 2 comprise every human being. A person either has full sleeve tats or they do not. That's not most. That's everybody.

Numbers 3-9 are subsets of 1) everybody and 2) those with full sleeve tats and 3) those without full sleeve tats.

Quote:
So again, stop using what you think you need to use to make yourself look better....you assumptions are incorrect....
Yes. I assumed that you couldn't possibly think that most people in the world had full sleeves tattoos, but I was incorrect.

Quote:
I have also said ONCE AGAIN....that JETJOCKEY has made it....do you understand that...I SAID SHE MADE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
I fully understand that.

Quote:
Good by, until you can come up with something besides twisting my words and inserting "what ever" you want. I have told JetJockey congrats....
You are actually twisting your words. I'll post them again for you to see

Quote:
No doubt in my mind that "MOST" people will regreat getting full sleeve tats when they are older...
Most people will regret getting full sleeve tats when they are older. That's what you said. What are you trying to twist it to mean?

Old 04-24-2010, 09:19 AM

3,393 posts, read 5,253,944 times
Tattooes are dirty.

WHere I come from, they represent harsh or very bad people. So much so that I cringe when I see them.

Save all of the good people in tats, kings, quueens, royalty, nobility in tats arguments.

Old 04-25-2010, 05:26 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,602,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I'm sorry, but I'm not as ignorant as those who choose to get tattoos, when it's against their culture. Those who choose to get tattooed, when it was a badge of shame for their forefathers!

Never forget! But apparently you have.
Hey idiot, guess what?

Not all Jews were BORN that way, DUH!!!

I had tattoos BEFORE I converted, not that it is any of your business but I have made peace with that fact with the help of my Rabbi.

So kick rocks at your ignorance, and go pound sand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.