Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2010, 09:00 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times

Advertisements

If I'm content with where I'm at, how can I be missing out on happiness?

I have a whole thread about people not understanding how I can be happy without the things that make them happy. It's on Great Debates.

Old 05-27-2010, 09:11 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,204,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post

I have a whole thread about people not understanding how I can be happy without the things that make them happy. It's on Great Debates.
To each his own.

Again, I was just giving you my opinion.

Take it for whatever you think it is worth.

Back to this thread, I think your attitude about tattoos is wrong, and I wish you would be even slightly open minded on the subject of tattoos. That is as simply as I can put it. Obviously I don't really care what you think, this IS an anonymous forum.

Old 05-27-2010, 09:17 AM

You're certainly free to think that way. Won't change how I think.

Old 05-27-2010, 09:27 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:

I read that thread...but you were talking about material possessions. I can easily go without the latest gadget (although I LOVE my Kindle), a brand new car, a really big house etc. etc. but I don't think the other posters here are talking about possessions.

I just don't understand how you can sit inside your house with all the amazing things going on around you. There is NO WAY I could do that. I LOVE going hiking and on 'mini vacations'. Just last week we went to Monterey Bay Aquarium and it was absolutely incredible. Yes, the total trip probably cost us $150 (with gas and food) but with our hectic schedules it was nice to get away and do something together.

I just don't get why you demean others for having fun and 'wasting' their hard earned money.

Old 05-27-2010, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I read that thread...but you were talking about material possessions. I can easily go without the latest gadget (although I LOVE my Kindle), a brand new car, a really big house etc. etc. but I don't think the other posters here are talking about possessions.

I just don't understand how you can sit inside your house with all the amazing things going on around you. There is NO WAY I could do that. I LOVE going hiking and on 'mini vacations'. Just last week we went to Monterey Bay Aquarium and it was absolutely incredible. Yes, the total trip probably cost us $150 (with gas and food) but with our hectic schedules it was nice to get away and do something together.

I just don't get why you demean others for having fun and 'wasting' their hard earned money.
In a later post, I mentioned kids, I mentioned travel, I mentioned alcoholic beverages...whether you partake or not doesn't really matter. It's the idea that someone who has the completely opposite viewpoint tells you that you cannot be happy because you don't live your life by his values. Parents don't understand the child-free...but both are happy with their life. Drunks don't understand teetotalers...both are happy. It could be extended to many other things.

One thing I have NEVER said is that someone could not possibly be happy living their life the way they do. I might say that *I* could not be happy living my life that way, but I don't tell others what makes THEM happy.

As far as being risk averse, I find it is safer to avoid risk than to embrace it.

I don't really care how you waste your money--as I said in a much earlier post. The problem comes when you want to take MY money and waste it, when I need every dime I have.

Heck, I'm getting ready to declare bankruptcy.

Old 05-27-2010, 10:09 AM

8,954 posts, read 20,680,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post

How is my idea any more ridiculous than yours? If you spend your money on some underwear it's a waste of money to hide them right?

Or is it possible that you get some other use out of underwear than showing them to people, so it's not a waste of money.

That, of course, leaves open the possibility that another person could get a tattoo on their leg for a reason other than to show other people that wouldn't be a waste of money.
Now you're being pompous.

Which make about as much sense as what you said.

Old 05-27-2010, 10:46 AM

1,373 posts, read 3,127,194 times
I kind of like them, sometimes. But I wish they weren't quite as common. And generally speaking, they look especially unattractive on women, but that's only because they get the cheesy tribal and lower back ones which are so cliche imo. Men get them too of course (the tribals i mean) but it just looks kind of butch on a woman. But more power to them if they want to get one, I'm not gonna judge them, I just don't think it's hot. It's like them getting a mohawk or something.

I want tats to either become less popular or I want the styles themselves to improve.

Old 05-27-2010, 10:58 AM

1,233 posts, read 2,825,510 times
Quote:

What, exactly, is it that you DO? You apparently watch TV and use the internet, but if you're an ascetic, I can't imagine why you'd even be using either.

Old 05-27-2010, 11:22 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,206,409 times
TKramer, personally I admire you for living within your means. Too few people do that and many never learn but continue their lives of indulgence far beyond what they can afford.

Old 05-27-2010, 11:42 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MimzyMusic View Post
I kind of like them, sometimes. But I wish they weren't quite as common. And generally speaking, they look especially unattractive on women, but that's only because they get the cheesy tribal and lower back ones which are so cliche imo. Men get them too of course (the tribals i mean) but it just looks kind of butch on a woman. But more power to them if they want to get one, I'm not gonna judge them, I just don't think it's hot. It's like them getting a mohawk or something.

I want tats to either become less popular or I want the styles themselves to improve.
Tattoos

He is one of my favorite artists. He does canvas and other works as well as tattoos. Unfortunately, most people are not willing to put in the time and energy (and creativity) to get a good tattoo done. They want something NOW so they can show it off. There are a lot of absolutely amazing artists out there, you just have to look around a bit.

10 Top Tattoo Artists | Pounded Ink

Here is a small list of some pretty incredible tattoo artists, please take a look...I think it will surprise you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty