U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-17-2010, 11:28 AM

19,126 posts, read 15,159,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emi__ View Post
I JUST CAN'T STAY AWAY~

There's a difference between "I think that's extremely unattractive" and "I don't have an ounce of respect for you." If I think your hair's colour and style is god awful, I'm not going to treat you differently just because I don't like the way you look. Well, okay, maybe I'll suggest you go see my stylist - but crap, she has a visible tattoo as well.
Exactly!!! There's a HUGE difference between saying 'I don't like tattoos, I think they're unattractive' and 'When I see a woman with a tattoo I lose respect for them'.

Personally, I think respect is earned. I don't care how many tattoos you have, if you're a douchebag, then you're a douchebag, period. I've met plenty of people I have zero respect for that don't have a single tattoo.

My stylist has full sleeves The entire beauty parlor is rockabilly styled and all the girls working there have crazy hair and tattoos, I love it!!!

Old 06-17-2010, 11:32 AM

23,443 posts, read 18,007,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
Why are pople who love tattoos posting on this thread????
Because we can, last time I checked, it was still allowed by the TOS of this site.

Old 06-17-2010, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Exactly!!! There's a HUGE difference between saying 'I don't like tattoos, I think they're unattractive' and 'When I see a woman with a tattoo I lose respect for them'.

Personally, I think respect is earned. I don't care how many tattoos you have, if you're a douchebag, then you're a douchebag, period. I've met plenty of people I have zero respect for that don't have a single tattoo.

My stylist has full sleeves The entire beauty parlor is rockabilly styled and all the girls working there have crazy hair and tattoos, I love it!!!
Your salon sounds like a LOT of fun!

Old 06-17-2010, 11:40 AM

1,234 posts, read 1,538,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
The girl I go to was a friend of mine for two years and now she's a cosmetologist. She only has one tattoo so far (I think I'll post it in the appreciation thread), but she also has two lip piercings, pink/black/white hair, and dresses in Japanese street fashion. She's adorable, and very, very talented.

Old 06-17-2010, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Your salon sounds like a LOT of fun!
HepKat Clothing Home Page (http://stores.hepkatclothing.com/StoreFront.bok - broken link)

The one who does my hair has the pink headband on in the back...she's absolutely FABULOUS!

Old 06-17-2010, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emi__ View Post
The girl I go to was a friend of mine for two years and now she's a cosmetologist. She only has one tattoo so far (I think I'll post it in the appreciation thread), but she also has two lip piercings, pink/black/white hair, and dresses in Japanese street fashion. She's adorable, and very, very talented.
I used to get my hair done by a gal who had some BEAUTIFUL tattoos. Unfortunately, she got on the tanning bed bandwagon and destroyed them.

Old 06-17-2010, 01:08 PM

155 posts, read 153,553 times
there is nothing wrong with tatoos...just as long as it is meaniful
I'd rather get FEAR NO EVIL on my body then a guy who i'm in love with for the moment
just think before you get them they may not look the same when you are 80

Old 06-17-2010, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetjockey View Post
hepkat clothing home page (http://stores.hepkatclothing.com/storefront.bok - broken link)

the one who does my hair has the pink headband on in the back...she's absolutely fabulous!
love it!!!!!!!!!!!:d

Old 06-17-2010, 04:39 PM

8,958 posts, read 8,559,806 times
Quote:

Quote:

There's a difference between "I think that's extremely unattractive" and "I don't have an ounce of respect for you." If I think your hair's colour and style is god awful, I'm not going to treat you differently just because I don't like the way you look. Well, okay, maybe I'll suggest you go see my stylist - but crap, she has a visible tattoo as well.
This thread is a testament to the very real dislike that the main stream public has for tattoo's and the people that have them since to the main stream citizen tattoo's mark the person with them as people with bad judgment ,criminal, members of a gang, or other anti-social group.

That ,in turn, cause those with tattoo's to get VERY, VERY defensive of their choice to have a tattooed body even tho their choice will never really be acceptable due to the normal social opinion of them.

Old 06-17-2010, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
This thread is a testament to the very real dislike that the main stream public has for tattoo's and the people that have them since to the main stream citizen tattoo's mark the person with them as people with bad judgment ,criminal, members of a gang, or other anti-social group.

That ,in turn, cause those with tattoo's to get VERY, VERY defensive of their choice to have a tattooed body.
Straw man argument.
If you really wish to prove your point, please provide links to credible sources to support your claims, otherwise, its just your personal opinion.
Not that I expect any reply, as I am in the persona non grata category.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.