Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2010, 03:36 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,628,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
They were cool when they weren't popular. Now they're popular in a 50 cent lame mainstream sheeple sort of way.

They're not as annoying as piercings though, lol.
Oh Lordie, what's wrong with piercings?!

As long as you don't have to deal with them, what's the deal-eo?

Old 04-10-2010, 05:53 AM

2,301 posts, read 2,033,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
I'm not sure how true this is for models. Lots of models have tattoos and it's relatively easy to cover them depending on client wishes.
Erin Wasson has several tattoos, Gisele Bundchen, Carolyn Murphy (huge tattoo), Freja Beha, Isabeli Fontana, Alessandra Ambrosio and Nicole Trunfio just to name a few big name models. Nicole Trunfio's is adorable.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_dG2__iWuqs...nfiotattoo.jpg
Actually I was unsure how big a negative tattoos might be on female models. I was going on the poster's belief which, this being the internet, means skepticism. But I could see how, in theory, modeling agnecies might not be thrilled with them.

I know that the actress, Angelina Jolie, had at least one movie that was set in a period decades ago (1930s, I think). And I know that she has a few tattoos. So I was just curious if they were going to slip-up and put a glimpse of a tattoo in front of the camera. Of course they didn't. Neither did they accidentally have a 1998 Chevy visible in a street scene. That would have been really strange to see.

Old 04-10-2010, 07:30 AM

52,688 posts, read 47,955,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Tatoos and "tramp stamps" on woman are trashy.
They're trashy on everybody. Hideous would be a much better word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Not to me it hasn't. And not to many who are involved in the industry.

Artists are getting better, tattoos are getting more lifelike, and the tools used (ink, machines etc.) are constantly evolving. I guess it depends heavily on if you're an outsider looking in, or if you're vested in the industry itself.
Industry?? I'd say way overbuilt and way too abundant. It's still a fad only because it's gotten more mainstream in the past 20 years, and never mind that those things have a long history. Again, may that trend become out. And please don't suggest that I've been in the industry. I've got better things to think about.

Old 04-10-2010, 09:21 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post

Your opinion is just as worthwhile as anyone else's, but you know what they say about opinions and sphincters. Everybody's got one.

Just between you and me? I suggest that you NEVER get a tattoo. I know, revolutionary thinking, but hey, that's the way I roll.

I think mine are beautiful. Each one was thoughtfully designed--not chosen generically off of the wall of a tattoo parlor, and each one has emotional or spiritual significance to me. I find well designed and well done tattoos fascinating. Art--applied to the body--generally holding great meaning to the recipient.

I would put forth that tattoos are a much more acceptable manner of expressing oneself than many other methods human beings choose.

Personally? I'm planning my next one.

Old 04-11-2010, 03:23 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post

Industry?? I'd say way overbuilt and way too abundant. It's still a fad only because it's gotten more mainstream in the past 20 years, and never mind that those things have a long history. Again, may that trend become out. And please don't suggest that I've been in the industry. I've got better things to think about.

Great! Then you can weed people like me out of your daily life. Doesn't bother me in the slightest

As for the industry...I will agree that it's a tad oversaturated. As for it being a fad...EVERYTHING is a fad. Abso-freakin-lutely everything. It all goes in cycles and sooner or later something you hold dear as separating you from the 'pack' of 'sheeple' (I really hate that word) will become a fad and you'll get to deal with it as well. Have fun.

And in no way was I insinuating that you were part of the industry. Just offering up a different perspective... but by some of the posts on this thread, I can see that having a different perspective is seen as a negative thing.

Old 04-11-2010, 06:16 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,647,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
I don't spend hours each day dwelling on it plus I think about many other topics.
Other topics, like piercings and ear stretchers?

Old 04-11-2010, 07:36 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
Oh Lordie, what's wrong with piercings?!

As long as you don't have to deal with them, what's the deal-eo?
I'm not telling people not to have piercings, but I'm just saying I personally don't find them attractive.

Old 04-12-2010, 06:02 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,205,540 times
I think tattoos are a non-issue. I was walking my dog yesterday (I was wearing jeans and a t-shirt from my college, my tattoo is on my leg, so no one could see it). A group of heavily tattooed and pierced people were sitting out. They asked about my dog, they played with him for a few minutes and we talked, they were the nicest people I have ever met.

I then walked by a guy wearing khaki pants and a polo shirt, about 45 years old. He looked like he was fairly well-off. The way he was standing, he was taking up the whole sidewalk. I said excuse me, he glanced back and didn't move. I have to physically push him out of the way to get around.

Now, which of those two people was trashy? Trash and as*holes come in all shapes and sizes.

Old 04-12-2010, 06:55 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,207,740 times
There is a difference between looking trashy and actually being a POS.

Old 04-12-2010, 07:40 AM

1,148 posts, read 3,557,502 times
I don't have any tattoos but I occassionally see one I really like on someone. I don't spend much time thinking about it. I will be honest and say that sometimes people with tattoos look dirty (as in unclean) and they actually look stinky. No offense to anyone. I think this has more to do with poor quality or old tattoos that may need to be touched up. If I ever got tattoo'd I would have my lips done so that they always have color.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty