Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2010, 04:28 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,624,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveyboyy View Post
Doesnt it hurt a LOT when your getting a tatto like a BURNING? Its Murdering killing your skin cells aka Mutiliation of the skin why do you think its so hard to remove tattoos and afterwards your left with a scar because the skin has been burnt away.
No, not really.

Comparing burns and tats is apples and oranges. Tats are more like scratches, or a cut; if anything, but not burning; unless you mean tat removal.

Old 04-25-2010, 06:13 AM

805 posts, read 1,509,581 times
Tattoos all end up looking one color: blue. I wonder why that is.

I dislike tattoos in general. I can appreciate it as a token of remembrance, but it doesn't look good overdone. I also notice that some people aren't satisfied with one or two, and it becomes some kind of addiction to the point where they plaster it all over their bodies, inching up to their necks and faces, fingers, toes...

However, I think it is fine for anyone to do that with their own bodies and my opinion doesn't matter.

Old 04-25-2010, 08:56 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,296,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua0 View Post
Tattoos all end up looking one color: blue. I wonder why that is.
A lot of people get low quality tattoos and don't take proper care of them. This reduces the quality over time.

High quality tattoos that are well maintained retain their color and quality much better.

Old 04-25-2010, 09:34 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
Hey idiot, guess what?

Not all Jews were BORN that way, DUH!!!

I had tattoos BEFORE I converted, not that it is any of your business but I have made peace with that fact with the help of my Rabbi.

So kick rocks at your ignorance, and go pound sand.
You seem to be very touchy. Are you sure you've made peace?

Old 04-25-2010, 11:58 AM

1,052 posts, read 1,647,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidmom View Post

Getting a tattoo because you saw one on a famous actor/actress. and thought it looked "cool"? Not so much. Double-loser points if you get one of the faux-Chinese tattoos and you don't know what it really means, if anything.
What do you mean by fake? As in actual tattoos that are not Chinese?

And does this standard apply to everyone or just people non-East asian?

Old 04-25-2010, 05:42 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Oh man.

This is what happens when you're away from the boards for a few days, you get two random people arguing about you

Well, to answer a question that was brought up earlier... YES, I can and do wear short sleeves when meeting with high level executives (and movie stars...and politicians... and anyone else that flies with us) and it's never been an issue. In fact, I've received more compliments than dirty looks

Oh, and I'm an aviation WOMEN, not a 'guy' and I do not regret my tattoos.

Old 04-25-2010, 06:21 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Oh man.

This is what happens when you're away from the boards for a few days, you get two random people arguing about you

Well, to answer a question that was brought up earlier... YES, I can and do wear short sleeves when meeting with high level executives (and movie stars...and politicians... and anyone else that flies with us) and it's never been an issue. In fact, I've received more compliments than dirty looks

Oh, and I'm an aviation WOMEN, not a 'guy' and I do not regret my tattoos.
Again, I have said many times in this thread that you have made it...Congrats...not all people with tats make it like you....to the extent you have...

I do apologize for calling you a guy...at first, but if you will go back and read the rest of my posts I clearly refer to you as a woman....

Either way, I like my tats, they are not for everyone....some people get more than others...

To each their own and who really care's what other people think....

Old 04-25-2010, 06:27 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Again, I have said many times in this thread that you have made it...Congrats...not all people with tats make it like you....to the extent you have...

I do apologize for calling you a guy...at first, but if you will go back and read the rest of my posts I clearly refer to you as a woman....

Either way, I like my tats, they are not for everyone....some people get more than others...

To each their own and who really care's what other people think....

Of course, and not all people without tattoos make it either.

Tattoos do not make the man..or woman in this case.

Old 04-25-2010, 09:03 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,624,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
You seem to be very touchy. Are you sure you've made peace?

I have made peace, however when some ignorant soul verbally accosts me, and ASSumes something, I tend to get defensive.

Old 04-26-2010, 05:24 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Of course, and not all people without tattoos make it either.

Tattoos do not make the man..or woman in this case.
Correct, however the number of people that are in your situation with the extent of tats that you have are few and far between....I'm not saying your the only one and I'm sure there are more...

BUT....i'll bet you that I can find more people with full sleeve tats at the local cornor store than selling million dollar planes.....

DISCLAIMER......
I am not grouping people into 2 catagories, (those with full sleeve tats and those without) there are many other people than just these 2 types in the world....so please do not bring your own equation into this discussion when you have no clue......

Disclaimer #2....If the above disclaimer does not fit your personality then let it go....if it does, then maybe you should not answer in this thread anymore....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty