Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2010, 07:36 PM

1,233 posts, read 2,825,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
Doing something because someone else does makes you a follower being "light in brain department" in my book. I prefer to make my own intelligent choices which a tattoo is clearly not.

Eved wonder why people with tattoos often place them where they can hide them? That tells me that they are ashamed of the behavior for some reason.
a) People who get tattoos because their cool edgy friend got a tattoo are pretty stupid. People who get tattoos because they find them more aesthetically appealing aren't "following" anything but their own heart. There's a big difference between the two groups.

b) Most people who get tattoos in areas that are coverable by clothing are doing so because if they have something on, say, their wrist or forearm, people like you will make a big stink about it. It isn't shame as much as it's wanting to be left alone by rude folks.

Quote:
It was not an argument,pal.

It was an observation of what was posted.
Why, let us hope that your powers of observation continue to serve you well. I'm not your pal, guy.

Old 05-24-2010, 08:30 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,680,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Ha ha...you're light in the brain department. You like to post on C-D and since I doubt that you invented it you are a follower.

Look you're wearing clothes, just like other people. Light in the brains department.

so on, etc...
Quote:
Originally Posted by emi__ View Post
a) People who get tattoos because their cool edgy friend got a tattoo are pretty stupid. People who get tattoos because they find them more aesthetically appealing aren't "following" anything but their own heart. There's a big difference between the two groups.

b) Most people who get tattoos in areas that are coverable by clothing are doing so because if they have something on, say, their wrist or forearm, people like you will make a big stink about it. It isn't shame as much as it's wanting to be left alone by rude folks.

Why, let us hope that your powers of observation continue to serve you well. I'm not your pal, guy.
Before you two post here again read this quote from the TOS that YOU BOTH agreed to.........

"Be civil, no personal attacks, flaming, or insults. We may attack ideas (politely) but we do not attack the speaker of the idea. Be careful with your words, there is a point where being direct crosses a line into blunt, in-your-face hostility. "

Old 05-24-2010, 10:39 PM

1,353 posts, read 2,430,473 times
Well, Tightwad, you do live up to your name and your status.

Old 05-25-2010, 05:47 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,302,626 times
Quote:
Before you two post here again read this quote from the TOS that YOU BOTH agreed to.........

"Be civil, no personal attacks, flaming, or insults. We may attack ideas (politely) but we do not attack the speaker of the idea. Be careful with your words, there is a point where being direct crosses a line into blunt, in-your-face hostility. "
Sigh

I'll try to make my point in another way

Anyone, no one specific, who derides others for being a follower should take a look around their life. That non-specific person will most likely find that almost every single thing that they do is done that way because other people do it that way.

Old 05-25-2010, 06:28 AM

Quote:

There's a difference between making a generality about people who just happen to be quite rude and resorting to ad hominem attack. I said you're rude. You said people who get tattoos and the like aren't intelligent. This isn't a one-way street.

If you can't handle it, then you'd do well to stay off of the internet.

Old 05-25-2010, 09:57 AM

Quote:
There's a difference between making a generality about people who just happen to be quite rude and resorting to ad hominem attack. I said you're rude. You said people who get tattoos and the like aren't intelligent. This isn't a one-way street.

If you can't handle it, then you'd do well to stay off of the internet.
The only civilized thing for me to do now is to remove your voice from this discussion by placing you on ignore since you're not worth my time anymore.

Old 05-25-2010, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Sigh

I'll try to make my point in another way

Anyone, no one specific, who derides others for being a follower should take a look around their life. That non-specific person will most likely find that almost every single thing that they do is done that way because other people do it that way.
Much better.......

Old 05-25-2010, 12:57 PM

Quote:
The only civilized thing for me to do now is to remove your voice from this discussion by placing you on ignore since you're not worth my time anymore.
Oh no, someone disagreed with me and I can't do anything but completely dismiss them because they're bringing up a logical argument. Let me go bury my head in the sand so I will hear of this no more! I was hoping that you'd be a little above "nah nah nah I can't hear you nah nah nah," but it's okay. I understand.

Old 05-25-2010, 01:13 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,302,626 times
Quote:
I was hoping that you'd be a little above "nah nah nah I can't hear you nah nah nah," but it's okay. I understand.

Old 05-25-2010, 01:32 PM

Hahaha, I love that image. Totally fits what's going on in here.

But honestly, I don't see tattoos (or any other body mod) as being "in style." It's more along the lines of women wearing pants. Once upon a time, women in pants were considered vulgar. Over the years, it's become mainstream and highly acceptable. The same can be said of tattoos - while not too long ago, they were unacceptable in mainstream society, those days are coming to an end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty