Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2010, 06:23 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
My vacations, such as they are, are usually taken up by working another job, or the preparation time for another job or volunteer gig. An example would be taking off the first two weeks of February, so that I can prepare taxes for people too incompetent to do it on their own.
Nothing wrong with volunteering, I have done quite a bit of it myself.
I was asking the questions to try and understand you a little better......

Old 05-26-2010, 06:24 PM

1,233 posts, read 2,824,608 times
Quote:
The only thing I find annoying is when people do something, or have something, and think that other people can't live a happy, fulfilled, satisfied life without it. I'm an aesthete by choice, and I'm happy with that choice. This isn't even "my" computer.
Aesthete? Do you mean ascetic?

Old 05-26-2010, 07:58 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,296,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
Now you're being really ridiculous.

How is my idea any more ridiculous than yours? If you spend your money on some underwear it's a waste of money to hide them right?

Or is it possible that you get some other use out of underwear than showing them to people, so it's not a waste of money.

That, of course, leaves open the possibility that another person could get a tattoo on their leg for a reason other than to show other people that wouldn't be a waste of money.

Last edited by filihok; 05-26-2010 at 09:09 PM..

Old 05-26-2010, 08:57 PM

1,233 posts, read 2,824,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post

How is my idea any more ridiculous than yours? If you spend your money on some underwear it's a waste of money to hide them right?
Pants on the ground, pants on the ground, lookin' like a fool with yo' pants on the ground...

Old 05-27-2010, 04:22 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emi__ View Post
Aesthete? Do you mean ascetic?
You got me. For some reason I was thinking that "ascetic" was an adjective form, and I was going for a noun. But "ascetic" IS a noun, and I had mixed it up with "aesthetic" of which "aesthete" IS the noun form. Totally different word, even if they sound pretty close.

Of course, I could be an aesthetic ascetic--which would mean I admire beauty, I just wouldn't be willing to pay much for it.

I'm not denying anyone the right to do as they choose, I just don't want to associate myself with that person. No harm is done.

Old 05-27-2010, 06:07 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,200,125 times
Quote:
No, I don't care WHY someone is wasteful with money, I'm just not interested in having any sort of acquaintanceship with someone who wastes money.
So you never buy anything? Wasteful is a relative term.

You have a TV, right? I don't watch TV. You are wasteful! How do you live with yourself at night?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
Why pay for something then hide it?
My tattoo says 'live for God' in Greek (from Galatians 2:19) and is a personal reminder of my faith to myself. It is a way I can always be reminded of how I wish to live my life. I don't care if no one sees it, it is a personal reminder to myself that I can never leave behind and never go without. My tattoo is about reminding myself of the morals by which I want to live myself. If you don't understand that, then I don't know what to say.

Quote:
Ok smart butt, then tell me why you even care what I think? It sure is no reason to get personal since we've never met.
I just think your attitude is incredible ignorant. That's all.

Quote:
Motives? What the hell does anyone care about the motive for another persons actions unless it's crime?
The educated thing to do is to try to understand other people, not insult them when they disagree with you.

It wouldn't surprise me if that doesn't make sense to you. Try to think outside of your little bubble of a world. Other people actually have valid opinions.

You sound like the angry old guy sitting on a porch yelling offensive remarks at everyone.

Everyone is embarrassed for him, but they know he will never realize how he sounds.

Old 05-27-2010, 08:07 AM

My girlfriend bought the TV--not me. You would be surprised to see my "bedroom" it doesn't even have a bed in it. I generally sleep on the floor of the closet. It's dark enough in there for me.

My money goes to food and rent. After those are paid, I have some lint left in my pockets, but that's about it.

Old 05-27-2010, 08:26 AM

Quote:
My girlfriend bought the TV--not me. You would be surprised to see my "bedroom" it doesn't even have a bed in it. I generally sleep on the floor of the closet. It's dark enough in there for me.

My money goes to food and rent. After those are paid, I have some lint left in my pockets, but that's about it.
I am not sure what to say then.

I think living like you do and not enjoying life at all is a waste of the precious little time we have on this earth.

You don't have to live in a 5000 sqft mansion and own four cars (which I would call wasteful), but there is nothing wrong with enjoying the fruits of your labor as well

Old 05-27-2010, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
I am not sure what to say then.

I think living like you do and not enjoying life at all is a waste of the precious little time we have on this earth.

You don't have to live in a 5000 sqft mansion and own four cars (which I would call wasteful), but there is nothing wrong with enjoying the fruits of your labor as well
It's not right for everyone--but I'm quite satisfied and content to live as I do. I don't expect anyone else to like it though. I don't ask other people how can you live without something or other...or with that something or other. I'm living my life the way I like, and not really seeking input from others. If I'm not your acquaintance--for whatever reason--you're not really missing anything, are you now?

Old 05-27-2010, 08:48 AM

Quote:
It's not right for everyone--but I'm quite satisfied and content to live as I do. I don't expect anyone else to like it though. I don't ask other people how can you live without something or other...or with that something or other. I'm living my life the way I like, and not really seeking input from others. If I'm not your acquaintance--for whatever reason--you're not really missing anything, are you now?
I disagree with your lifestyle and I disagree with your attitude...

Obviously we are strangers on the internet so I don't care what you do, I simply was giving my opinion.

I think you are missing out on a lot of happiness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty