Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2010, 09:38 PM

23,410 posts, read 36,883,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
This form of body vandalism is nothing short of barbarism!
How completely predictable....he doesnt even get whats going on, lol

Old 06-12-2010, 04:22 AM

44,256 posts, read 64,159,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
This form of body vandalism is nothing short of barbarism!

Yes, anything that you don't do or think you came up with all on your own (meaning you don't realize you're actually copying another society because we've done it so long here) is sick, disgusting, and freakish.

Old 06-12-2010, 07:16 AM

1,233 posts, read 2,819,164 times
I wonder how he feels about suspension.

Hey, Tighwad! Look! More barbarism!

Oh goodness, AND she has tattoos!

Old 06-12-2010, 09:16 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,606,313 times
What, no labia stretchers here?

Old 06-12-2010, 04:12 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,167,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emi__ View Post
I wonder how he feels about suspension.

Hey, Tighwad! Look! More barbarism!

Oh goodness, AND she has tattoos!
If someone does that to someone else, it's barbaric.

When someone does that to themselves, it's masochistic (at the very least).

Old 06-12-2010, 04:18 PM

I'd really like to stop using the eye-rolling emoticon, but every time I read your posts, Tightwad, I can't help but do it myself.

There is no such thing as body vandalism. Vandalism is the destruction or defacement of public or private property. You don't call it vandalism when the guy next door paints his house an ugly shade of green, do you?

Primitive and barbaric implies that only primitive and barbaric people engaged in body modification, and that is simply not accurate in the slightest - and I've already gone over that with you, but you're so confident in yourself that you didn't bother paying any attention. The Japanese used tattoos as an attempt to prevent disease; sailors used tattoos as both souvenirs and as protection from drowning; Victorian-era ladies had their nipples pierced because they claimed it made their breasts more round and perky; people in southeastern Asia used piercings and tattoos to put themselves into a spiritual trance. Are these people primitive and barbaric? No. They might not have space shuttles, but lower levels of technology aren't necessarily "primitive."

So please, stop using terms you (apparently) don't understand.

Old 06-12-2010, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
If someone does that to someone else, it's barbaric.

When someone does that to themselves, it's masochistic (at the very least).
Usually it's a team of people who do suspensions, but the person being suspended is obviously willing and eager.

But it's definitely a more masochistic thing.

Old 06-12-2010, 05:41 PM

13,290 posts, read 15,250,346 times
Quote:
Usually it's a team of people who do suspensions, but the person being suspended is obviously willing and eager.

But it's definitely a more masochistic thing.
When I did it it was supposed to be a masochistic thing.

I was getting into yoga and meditation at the time and I wanted to challenge myself. I had also wanted to do suspension from the first moment that I knew it existed. I figured I'd kill two birds with the same stone.

I thought that I'd do the suspension and use the meditation to block out the pain. There was a little pain when they put the hooks in my back but nothing too serious. When I was getting linked up to the tree I started breathing and calming myself down so I'd be ready when it was time to be pulled up.

They go very slowly, increasing the tension bit by bit. At this point it was uncomfortable, but nothing close to pain. Then it is time to go airborne. They ask if you are ready then you feel the ground going away from your feet. You're on your toes, then, you're not. You're suspending.

I realized pretty quickly that there wasn't much pain to block out and I was a little disappointed so I decided to have some fun and call my mom, who wasn't a big fan of this idea.

**Warning video shows my half naked body and some blood**

YouTube - SuspensionMom.MPG

In all I suspended for about 20 minutes. They swung me so I was making some pretty big arcs. One swing got me up close and personal with the tree. Then I came down.

Half an hour later I suspended again. While up the second time I lifted a friend of mine so I was hanging and holding her in the air as well so that my skin was supporting both of our weight. She only weighed 95lbs, so it wasn't that impressive.

I'd like to do it again and try another type of lift. Probably resurrection. It is supposed to be much more intense.

On a lighter note I should tell about the 'rice krispies'. When you suspend you separate the connective tissue underneath your skin and air enters. For the next few days afterwards you can hear the trapped air bubbles underneath your skin when you put pressure on the area. They snap-crackle and pop.

Old 06-12-2010, 05:46 PM

How many hooks did you have in your back?

Old 06-12-2010, 06:20 PM

13,290 posts, read 15,250,346 times
Quote:
How many hooks did you have in your back?
Four

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty