Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 07:59 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
This thread, while not amusing anymore, really needs to end. I think someone is really not balanced right, and it seems more and more posters are catching on to this.

I am done here. Something isn't right here.
Refer to Post #85

Old 04-08-2010, 01:29 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie100 View Post
I don't know what other forum to post this in so I guess it goes here?

I'm in my early 30's and I have never done drugs my whole life. Not even pot. I don't see the point of taking drugs because it doesn't make you look better in any way (if anything it detracts from your looks over the long run) and it's not "visible" by others.

By this I mean, if I have lots of money, I would want to spend it on a Mercedes Benz or a designer handbag or an expensive house. At least this is beneficial to my image and makes me look good. However, doing drugs is not tangible, it doesn't enhance your status in any way and no one would know how much money you spent, whereas if you drive a Benz, EVERYONE will know what you spent.

I understand people do it to make them feel good but personally I like spending money on my looks (cosmetics (Nars, Mac, Chanel etc), treatments etc) and on VISIBLE goods (expensive cars, bags) etc because it makes me look good. I would never smoke pot because it doesn't improve my status and it doesn't do anything for my body; it certainly doesn't make me look fitter or make my skin glow.

That's why I never understood why people do drugs. For me personally, doing something is only worth it if it helps me look better in some way.

I get that some people have pain their lives, but personally I ease my own pain by shopping, pampering myself, taking care of myself and making sure I will look as young as I can as humanly possible.

Also, I'm super vain and I would never do anything to jeopardize my looks or dry out my skin or make my skin red such as drinking etc. I think I look at least 10 years younger because I never smoked, never drank and never ever party.

Basically, people who do heavy drugs and booze it up aren't too concerned about superficial things. They're too messed up in the head to dwell on anything beyond getting high. If you're in that self destructive mode, you really don't care what you look like on the outside.

And, someone who is so wrapped up in superficial things that make you "look good" is so shallow to begin with that they dress up the outside to compensate for their lack of depth on the inside.

Both types of people are terminally screwed in the head if you ask me.

Last edited by LuckyGem; 04-08-2010 at 01:54 PM..

Old 04-08-2010, 01:43 PM

3,010 posts, read 6,307,559 times
Quote:
But at least I am not destroying my body, drugs destroy your body and drugs and drinking ages you. Why would someone want to age themselves deliberately? I look a lot younger because I have a healthylifestyle and I don't have wrinkles/circles underneath my eyes and my skin is smooth. Why would you want to damage your body? Wouldn't you want to do something good for your body (like pampering it) and not destroying it?

At least I'm not doing anything illegal. There is no law that says you can't buy new blush or mascara etc. There is no law against vanity. There is against drugs.
Jackie,

No matter what, you will age in due time. That is inevitable. Maybe instead of preaching to others on your self-righteous pulpit how they should live, maybe you should try focusing on just yourself.

In fact, being judgemental and constantly consumed with what others are doing will age you quicker than any drink or drug.

Old 04-08-2010, 02:06 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
Quote:
No one's business. I'm not here to be interviewed or talk about my childhood and be psychoanalyzed.

Btw, I hate it where I live. I want to move to L.A.
Even here in L.A. where we take vanity to a whole new level...you belong in vapid Orange County. Everything in the O.C. is about appearances and you can keep up that charade for a long time, in L.A. you can only fake it for so long until it catches up with you because life is fast here, not slow like the O.C and when you mix the fast lane with vain people you'll turn to drugs in no time to compensate for that hollow feeling inside your head. Pick your poison it will either be drugs, or smothered by shopping bags and boxes in your studio apartment (because that's all you'll be able to afford cause the rent is so high to live in the more "fashionable" parts of town) and you'll develop a shopping addiction. Ever see the show hoarders?

Old 04-08-2010, 02:28 PM

78,408 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
I don't know what other forum to post this in so I guess it goes here?

I'm in my early 30's and I have never done drugs my whole life. Not even pot. I don't see the point of taking drugs because it doesn't make you look better in any way (if anything it detracts from your looks over the long run) and it's not "visible" by others.

By this I mean, if I have lots of money, I would want to spend it on a Mercedes Benz or a designer handbag or an expensive house. At least this is beneficial to my image and makes me look good. However, doing drugs is not tangible, it doesn't enhance your status in any way and no one would know how much money you spent, whereas if you drive a Benz, EVERYONE will know what you spent.

I understand people do it to make them feel good but personally I like spending money on my looks (cosmetics (Nars, Mac, Chanel etc), treatments etc) and on VISIBLE goods (expensive cars, bags) etc because it makes me look good. I would never smoke pot because it doesn't improve my status and it doesn't do anything for my body; it certainly doesn't make me look fitter or make my skin glow.

That's why I never understood why people do drugs. For me personally, doing something is only worth it if it helps me look better in some way.

I get that some people have pain their lives, but personally I ease my own pain by shopping, pampering myself, taking care of myself and making sure I will look as young as I can as humanly possible.

Also, I'm super vain and I would never do anything to jeopardize my looks or dry out my skin or make my skin red such as drinking etc. I think I look at least 10 years younger because I never smoked, never drank and never ever party.
LOL @ "doesn't improve my status"
I get the feeling people close to you drink, A LOT.

Old 04-08-2010, 05:28 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,925,220 times
Drugs and alcohol tend to relax the mind or intensify a feeling. Having showy things is not important to many people. If I had the money for say a seven series (and I do), I'd still get a decent car like a Honda and spend the rest traveling.

Old 04-09-2010, 09:11 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,169,951 times
I think this trainwreck has run just a little too far off the tracks. Thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty