Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 11:29 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,004,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameribull View Post
Ive never once seen an anorexic looking woman in a Miss American pageant. Not once. Its called athletic. Healthy. This girl is neither. Pretty face though.
Oh that's true. My mind must've wondered to the Dove ads b'c that's what I was thinking of. Sorry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2010, 11:31 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,674,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
These comments are really sad..she is a human being and I think she is very pretty. I am guessing nobody knows her but yet she is being ripped apart here because she does not have the perfect face and body.
Do any of us?
Mean just mean. You have so many kids struggling with self esteem in today's world and no wonder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodaka View Post
She IS a normal size. This is normal for women. It is all of the other women in the pageant who are a size zero with fake DDD boobs that are not normal.

I agree that the photo and the bathing suit are not flattering, but these are issues that are beyond the contestant's control. The pageant chooses the suit and the photographer and the set.

I don't see how it's getting anyone's hopes up more than all the other girls in the pageant are.
No, she isn't a normal size. She is a typical size. Because women are typically overweight now. Carrying around that amount of excess fat isn't normal physiologically speaking. Her knees will probably be blow out by her mid-40s, and by then she'll probably develop type ii diabetes.

Nothing normal about it.

Old 04-07-2010, 11:32 AM

622 posts, read 1,279,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
Oh that's true. My mind must've wondered to the Dove ads b'c that's what I was thinking of. Sorry.
Now some of these fashion models today? They look anorexic. Not all of them. But a lot of them. They have gotten unhealthy looking. I like a lil muscle on my women.

Old 04-07-2010, 11:33 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,742,666 times
Is it okay to be so very thin like the models/actresses today that look like if they sneeze they will break? That is what is being portrayed to our youth today.

I give this girl so much credit for doing what she did and probably gives so much hope for girls who feel that they need to look and be perfect and if that is what she accomplished even with one person then good for her.

Old 04-07-2010, 11:36 AM

3,261 posts, read 5,304,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
She and her supporters should really be a shamed of themselves. She has no business entering a beauty contest because she's not beautiful. Maybe a Miss Great Personality contest would have been more appropriate (providing she has the personality for it). But Miss U.K.? Come on.

I stand by my comment that her entering a beauty contest IS as ridiculous as a special needs kid trying to compete in the Academic Decathlon. Too bad this girl didnt have parents, friends or boyfriend to tell her not to go through with it.
Disagree 100%.

Beauty is subjective and the standard has changed over time. History has shown this type of woman would have probably had a good chance to win in the past. Now I am not getting all bent out of shape that she did not get the title, but I see nothing wrong with her being in the running, especially knowing that people would criticize her as viciously as you're are doing.

Lastly, I find your comments regarding special needs children, both equally ignorant and vicious. I have a son with special needs and when he first started school, there were many people like you that thought I should relegate him to a "special" room. Well I objected to this and guess what, today he still has special needs, but is in the 9th grade in 4 Honors Classes. I'm sure he would be perfectly capable of competing in an Academic Decatholon, whether he won it or not is irrelevant.

Last edited by robee70; 04-07-2010 at 11:59 AM..

Old 04-07-2010, 12:53 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,260,210 times
Just no freaking way is she 170 at that tall or a size 16. That weight looks normal on someone that tall. Its not beautiful to lie or to overeat yourself into a diseased state anymore than it is beautiful to starve yourself into a diseased state. I also hate the "it's average" comments. Average is just another way to say 30%-20% failure in this case. The pageant people let her in because it made for good press. I guess they were right because here it is, two years later. There is a HUGE difference between having some meat on your bones and just being plain old fat & unhealthy. Unhealthy states are not beautiful, fat or thin.

Old 04-07-2010, 12:58 PM

20,718 posts, read 19,360,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
Yeah, she has got a pretty face, no doubt about that.

Hi bobman,

She is also in her prime creating feminine hormones like a geyser and routing body fat to optimal places like a federal water project. Once she settles into her "career" and looks for her mate at 35, she will be well into what will be reminiscent of a moldering late Soviet sex factory.

Old 04-07-2010, 01:08 PM

20,718 posts, read 19,360,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onglet39 View Post
No, she isn't a normal size. She is a typical size. Because women are typically overweight now. Carrying around that amount of excess fat isn't normal physiologically speaking. Her knees will probably be blow out by her mid-40s, and by then she'll probably develop type ii diabetes.

Nothing normal about it.
Hi Onglet39,

I think the international standard unit for common sense should be called an onglet.

Old 04-07-2010, 01:19 PM

3,322 posts, read 7,971,719 times
This chick is fat. FAT, FAT, FAT, FAT, FAT!

I am 5'11 and I KNOW she weighs more than me. She has a ton of fat on those legs. Her stomach as some fat too. She is hitting 215 with those thunder thighs.

Forget about her weight, her face isn't even pretty. She has a piggy face.

Am I being critical about her weight!? Of course I am, thats what you do in a beauty contest! You pick apart the contestants from their appearance, attitude, stupid talent, and ability to answer the meaning of life / resolve world peace type questions.

I would hate to be next to this chick at the gym. I beat she smells like a fat person smelling and when she walks upstairs, I bet it shakes.

Old 04-07-2010, 01:26 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Just no freaking way is she 170 at that tall or a size 16. That weight looks normal on someone that tall. Its not beautiful to lie or to overeat yourself into a diseased state anymore than it is beautiful to starve yourself into a diseased state. I also hate the "it's average" comments. Average is just another way to say 30%-20% failure in this case. The pageant people let her in because it made for good press. I guess they were right because here it is, two years later. There is a HUGE difference between having some meat on your bones and just being plain old fat & unhealthy. Unhealthy states are not beautiful, fat or thin.
Agreed. When I was 170 I was a loose size 9, and I'm just 2" taller than she is. My thighs were nowhere NEAR that large, neither was my stomach or breast. Hell, I looked nearly anorexic when I was 150lbs.... Plus, how is she an E cup? My breasts are one size larger (I'm a 36F) and they look more than twice her size, easily.

While she is very pretty, I'm not buying her size or weight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty