U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 08:50 PM

42,565 posts, read 42,398,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCurlybelle View Post
I shave everything, but the beautiful hair on my head.

Did the bald thing....too itchy when it grows back. Trimming is better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2010, 04:14 AM

3,388 posts, read 5,541,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtneer View Post
Don't most women over the age of 35 also worry with mustache and chin hairs? That's why those little microshavers are so popular.
Um, no.

The micro shavers are good for trimming stray brow hairs, and the "baby fuzz" on the hair line; not to mention shaving the bikini area.

Old 04-26-2010, 03:55 PM

445 posts, read 934,646 times
The first person that comes to mind, is the actress Monique. I'm like come on. You spend all that time and money, on your hair and makeup, yet, you don't want to take a few minutes to shave the hair off your legs? I don't know about anyone else, but the more I shave, the sparser the hair that grows back. Most people say it's the opposite. Not for me. Monique needs to go ahead and take care of that. Yuck.

Old 07-11-2010, 04:19 PM

2 posts, read 3,239 times
Shaving all over is cool. I do it and I like my ladies to do it. Guys should not be embarrased about taking it all off. Some women love it. I do not care what other women think. I just feel and look a heck of a lot better.
FitzWhim.

Old 07-11-2010, 05:08 PM

5,115 posts, read 9,411,192 times
I think each of us should make our own decisions about to go hairless or with hair. To follow the latest trend because everyone else is doing it makes sheeple out of us. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, yes?

The idea of waxing our private bits to follow fashion is cruel and unusual punishment, IMHO. Ouch! But I guess some folks find women looking like nine years olds without hair there is attractive and the new trendy height of fashion...why?

What does it say about how we view women (and men?) And what does it say about us as a people?

Old 07-11-2010, 07:01 PM

2,185 posts, read 3,888,771 times
Men don't why should women, unless they want to.

Old 07-11-2010, 07:21 PM

10,394 posts, read 8,344,729 times
Even a cave women can do it.

Old 07-15-2010, 01:38 PM

2,102 posts, read 3,803,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
I think each of us should make our own decisions about to go hairless or with hair. To follow the latest trend because everyone else is doing it makes sheeple out of us. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, yes?

The idea of waxing our private bits to follow fashion is cruel and unusual punishment, IMHO. Ouch! But I guess some folks find women looking like nine years olds without hair there is attractive and the new trendy height of fashion...why?

What does it say about how we view women (and men?) And what does it say about us as a people?
I guarantee that almost no guy who sees a naked woman who's completely shaven is thinking to himself: "Gee, she looks like a 9-year-old." In case you hadn't noticed, a lot of classical female nudes (ex: Botticelli's painting of the birth of Venus) feature no pubic hair, and last time I checked, I never heard anyone claim that the women depicted in those paintings "look like 9-year-olds."

I'm going to chime in here and say that I'm also grossed-out by really hairy women. I have a female friend who doesn't shave at all, and her arm pits are hairier than mine (and I'm a guy!), and her legs aren't that far off from looking like typical guy's legs.

Old 07-15-2010, 03:15 PM

81 posts, read 199,615 times
LOL @ these responses

I never used to shave till I got to my twenties and moved to the US...I was asked why i didnt shave one too many times.. I still dont shave my legs..maybe once a year..and thats coz their is hardly any hair on them and it doesnt grow back that easy.

I A with everyone who has brought up the fact that its a very US thing

Old 07-15-2010, 04:10 PM

5,115 posts, read 9,411,192 times
"In case you hadn't noticed, a lot of classical female nudes (ex: Botticelli's painting of the birth of Venus) feature no pubic hair, and last time I checked, I never heard anyone claim that the women depicted in those paintings "look like 9-year-olds."--Passionatearts

Um, yes, but that's art..artistic license if you will.

Real life women, after puberty, have the secondary sexual aspects of hair...only pre-adolescents have no hair in their nether regions...it's not natural for an adult woman to be hairless. If it's in fashion today, it's merely a trend that women (and men) can choose to follow--or not.

Don't forget, Rubens' paintings of very well-upholstered women are not a representation that women today are likely to follow--Ruben's women, today, would be considered grossly obese...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or