U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2013, 12:38 PM

14 posts, read 32,600 times

Advertisements

Extreem example.

Doing a job in Ar. last summer we ate lunch at the same place every day.

Church van pulls up black lady gets out in a short sun dress lifts her arms to mess with her hair. Under arm hair was braded.

Not kidding ! about 5'' long. She had hose on but the hair on her legs was matted up and looked like barbed wire.

It was a hot day so she was sweating, this added to the total gross effect.

Making a statement ??? who knows. She sure got some looks that's for sure.

J.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2013, 01:52 PM

4,267 posts, read 5,139,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonMon View Post
Extreem example.

Church van pulls up black lady gets out in a short sun dress lifts her arms to mess with her hair. Under arm hair was braded.

Not kidding ! about 5'' long. She had hose on but the hair on her legs was matted up and looked like barbed wire.

J.
The most disturbing part of this picture is that it would be impossible to braid one's own armpit hair so someone had to have braided it for her.

Old 02-17-2013, 03:34 PM

14 posts, read 32,600 times
Cant you see that Dorthy ?

I will do yours if you do mine.

If it had not been so funny to us eating lunch looking at that would have been impossible.

J.

Old 02-17-2013, 04:03 PM

38 posts, read 39,452 times
This thread is funny....

I don't care if women don't shave but don't be raising your arms all up for everybody to see. I don't know there's something about seeing hairy armpits on women that just ain't right, lol. But as some have said, "To each his (in this case her) own...

Old 02-17-2013, 04:32 PM

5,532 posts, read 5,712,785 times
I know that I am in minority, but I am not fan of anything unnatural such as heavy makeup, heavy tattoos, etc.
Since I am male and old enough to remember past times, I find the current shaving trend strange. Not women only, but many man shave their bodies as well - which to me is weird and mostly unnatural. Sure, sometimes women with overgrown hairy bodies should trim that hair, but otherwise keep it natural and clean. For me personally, grown up women with 5 year old girl "look" are unattractive.

Last edited by oberon_1; 02-17-2013 at 05:07 PM..

Old 02-18-2013, 03:30 AM

13,460 posts, read 14,445,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonMon View Post
Extreem example.

J.
Man, I would have lost my lunch if I saw that.

Old 02-18-2013, 09:22 AM

21,461 posts, read 22,692,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSass View Post
This thread is funny....

I don't care if women don't shave but don't be raising your arms all up for everybody to see. I don't know there's something about seeing hairy armpits on women that just ain't right, lol. But as some have said, "To each his (in this case her) own...
It's not as if hairy armpits on men is a visual treat, either, and yet they have no pressure to tidy things up.

Old 02-18-2013, 09:39 AM

3,592 posts, read 4,511,894 times
The flip side of "free spirit" is lazy slob. Shaving is better.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:16 AM

634 posts, read 783,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Member1 View Post
Unshaven Women: Free Spirits or Unkempt?
Unkempt. Definitely unkempt.

I know a LOT of true Free Spirit type women and they are not the unshaven, no-soap using, weirdos that older people mistakenly believe them to be.

The Free Spirit women I know are artists, sculpters, bellydancers, yoga instructors, fitness fanatics, animal lovers, musicians, and are into beauty. Many of them are fully shaven, waxed or have regular bikini waxes.

Being a "free spirit" does not mean a woman forsakes or forgoes personal hygiene.

Last edited by Capablanca; 02-18-2013 at 10:29 AM..

Old 02-18-2013, 10:25 AM

1,339 posts, read 2,846,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
It's not as if hairy armpits on men is a visual treat, either, and yet they have no pressure to tidy things up.
True, but men are such pigs anyways that shaving wouldn't really change anything!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or