U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2010, 07:17 PM

1,999 posts, read 9,193,347 times

Advertisements

I've been using DHC brand of oil cleanser and love it, but wonder if there is a better OIL facial cleanser out there I could try?
QVC had some olive oil facial cleanser I saw they were trying to sell some months ago but know nothing about it. Has anyone tried it? Better than DHC?
Anyone have any suggestions as to other brands of oil facial cleansers that are good?

Old 04-13-2010, 09:52 AM

8,415 posts, read 34,319,158 times
I use extra virgin cold pressed olive oil + hot water/washcloth. I sometimes have been using Barlean's coconut around the eyes. The plain olive oil rinses off more easily. I want to try using the oil + sea salt (anti acne) water to massage, then rinse. I sometimes use a foaming cleanser afterwards depending on my skin's state. I like the oil for getting off makeup though without using chemicals or making my skin raw. I do cleanse twice. Once extra oily to get off the goop and then again to make sure its all out of my pores. I like to put a hot washcloth over my face to steam out etc on the second go.

Old 04-13-2010, 07:25 PM

1,999 posts, read 9,193,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
I use extra virgin cold pressed olive oil + hot water/washcloth. I sometimes have been using Barlean's coconut around the eyes. The plain olive oil rinses off more easily. I want to try using the oil + sea salt (anti acne) water to massage, then rinse. I sometimes use a foaming cleanser afterwards depending on my skin's state. I like the oil for getting off makeup though without using chemicals or making my skin raw. I do cleanse twice. Once extra oily to get off the goop and then again to make sure its all out of my pores. I like to put a hot washcloth over my face to steam out etc on the second go.
Wow, I have never hard of anyone using just plain old olive oil on skin. I guess it must work for you as it sounds like it does. I'll give it a go and see if I like it myself as I'm always looking for new ideas.

Whatever QVC was selling made of olive oil doesn't seem to be on their website now.

My new thing is to use straight glycolic acid on my skin with moisturizer with Vitamin C over it occasionally. Makes my skin so smooth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty