U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-23-2011, 02:58 AM

2,994 posts, read 1,872,350 times

Advertisements

i agree. Theres no point in having such long shorts (or should i say "short pants"). Heck i saw a guy today had on a pair that stopped like 2 inches above his ankles!!!

I think i know why guys dont like them though. When you see someone in a pair of TRUE shorts you automatically think "its a cute girl" so you start checking her out. Then they turn around and you realize youve been staring at a guys ass for 10 minutes.

Anyway, a lot of guys (and gals) want the shorts the guys would wear back in the 80s brought back. I know I know "ewww we dont wanna see a guys thighs ewww" well, us guys dont wanna see certain things out there but we are forced to. Point is, we put up with it and so can you.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2011, 03:03 AM

1,446 posts, read 2,468,496 times
Good point Mark9988

Old 05-23-2011, 08:43 AM

24,693 posts, read 19,006,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
i agree. Theres no point in having such long shorts (or should i say "short pants"). Heck i saw a guy today had on a pair that stopped like 2 inches above his ankles!!!

I think i know why guys dont like them though. When you see someone in a pair of TRUE shorts you automatically think "its a cute girl" so you start checking her out. Then they turn around and you realize youve been staring at a guys ass for 10 minutes.

Anyway, a lot of guys (and gals) want the shorts the guys would wear back in the 80s brought back. I know I know "ewww we dont wanna see a guys thighs ewww" well, us guys dont wanna see certain things out there but we are forced to. Point is, we put up with it and so can you.
Haha, reminds me of that ad where these guys are checking out what appears to be a hot chick sunbathing on her stomach when it's actually a long-haired guys wearing speedos!

Some guys are also afraid to see other guys naked in case they get ideas or get turned on. If you're not turned on by guys and/or are comfortable with your sexuality if you are, then why should naked men threaten you? Do you threaten yourself/your sexuality everytime you get into the shower?

What's so gross about naked men? Yes they aren't as sexy as women to me (although I do see the appeal of a man who is in shape), but if they're not fat/overtly hairy or something then I don't see them as repulsive at all.

If any girl said something like 'ewww, guys thighs' I would be questioning HER sexuality. She'd obviously rather see scantily clad women.

Old 05-23-2011, 10:01 AM

4 posts, read 4,089 times
Default re:

I think a lot of men would like to wear something smaller to the beach. I don't think they are afraid of someone laughing and saying their swim attire is out of style. look around - since when do USA men care about style lol. Men don't wear a bikini in public because they are afraid that people will laugh and call them gay. There are many women and men that like to call people gay and it is not meant as a compliment. Straight men do not like to be labeled as gay. Therefore they wear longer and longer pants to the beach.

Last edited by mark9988; 05-23-2011 at 10:25 AM..

Old 05-23-2011, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark9988 View Post
I think a lot of men would like to wear something smaller to the beach. I don't think they are afraid of someone laughing and saying their swim attire is out of style. look around - since when do USA men care about style lol. Men don't wear a bikini in public because they are afraid that people will laugh and call them gay. There are many women and men that like to call people gay and it is not meant as a compliment. Straight men do not like to be labeled as gay. Therefore they wear longer and longer pants to the beach.
I find that funny because I don't notice gay men wearing speedos to the beach, at least any more than straight men. Most of them are old, fat straight men, as far as I can tell.

Old 05-23-2011, 10:43 AM

i dont care if ppl want to call me gay. mightve bothered me when i was a teenager but not now. Me and my wife have more important things to worry about. Men cant wear a bikini or any variation of one in public because he'll get slapped with indecent exposure. A girl wears the same thing and its no problem. I remember when i was a kid id see girls in bikinis with a tshirt over it standing in line at mcdonalds and it didnt phase anyone. now if a guy wore a speedo or a bikini or bikini bottoms and a tshirt into an establishment people would freak. Why? Because we think it scars the kids. Trust me, i saw a lot of stuff when i was a kid and didnt give a crap one way or the other. Youd also see girls and guys wearing actual shorts (3-4" inseam) with a long shirt on and you couldnt tell if the person had pants on or not. Nobody thought "ewwww they dont have any pants on!" we all just shrugged it off because we knew they had shorts on underneath.

Old 05-23-2011, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
i dont care if ppl want to call me gay. mightve bothered me when i was a teenager but not now. Me and my wife have more important things to worry about. Men cant wear a bikini or any variation of one in public because he'll get slapped with indecent exposure. A girl wears the same thing and its no problem. I remember when i was a kid id see girls in bikinis with a tshirt over it standing in line at mcdonalds and it didnt phase anyone. now if a guy wore a speedo or a bikini or bikini bottoms and a tshirt into an establishment people would freak. Why? Because we think it scars the kids. Trust me, i saw a lot of stuff when i was a kid and didnt give a crap one way or the other. Youd also see girls and guys wearing actual shorts (3-4" inseam) with a long shirt on and you couldnt tell if the person had pants on or not. Nobody thought "ewwww they dont have any pants on!" we all just shrugged it off because we knew they had shorts on underneath.
Guys in speedos are no means extinct here, it's more lifeguards and older men, though. I suppose the young have been influenced by Americans in some way or another. Back in the 80s a good percentage of males would be wearing speedos to the beach or the pool. I wore them as a kid until the fashion changed when I was about 8-9 years old.

I think it goes back to fashion/society having women expose more of their bodies than males. There's nothing natural about it, it's culturally, but people are so conditioned to think that even exposing the body God gave you is specific to women. It's ridiculous to think about it but people just accept it. I think it's one reason there is so much gender imbalance, it's not natural for one gender to go around in almost nothing while the other wears these tents. Almost like the Muslim world but in reverse. I don't have any interest in seeing men 'showing off', but for some reason I just feel things should be more equal as a matter of principle. In this way the 70s were actually more unisex.

Old 05-23-2011, 01:02 PM

when i was in school we wore the smallest suits we could find simply because when we jumped in the pool if you had baggy shorts on that "air bubble" would go straight up your suit and well you know the rest.

Old 05-23-2011, 01:39 PM

so i went back and read a few of the previous posts and i see a lot of ppl have the "wear what you want nobody cares" attitude. Well, maybe YOU dont care but a lot of guys (and gals) have to put up with rude comments being yelled out. A guy wears a speedo and he has hear "Weiner alert! Frank n Beans!" etc, a girl wearing a tight pair of shorts and its "Woo-hoo show me your camel toe" a guy wears a pair of shorts above the knee and its "We wear short shorts!" but then those same people that scream that stuff out are the first ones to file an EO complaint when someone says something to them about something.

Old 05-24-2011, 08:18 AM

12,237 posts, read 11,755,972 times
because here in American anything a man does or wears is always labeled...

we have such insecurities here, it is sickening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty