Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2012, 06:52 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
yeah someday someones going to make fun of a guy wearing speedos or shorts and the person's going to get his head blown off. theres road rage and ppl going postal at work, sooner or later theres going to be ppl getting killed for laughing at their clothing choice.

im sorry but this whole "i'll wear anything no matter how ridiculous it makes me feel if it keeps ppl from laughing at me" is just plain pathetic. thats the attitude of a teenager. you can have that attitude when youre a teenager. beyond that age do what youre suppose to do: grow up.
Ooh, you could write a book: The Speedo Diaries, the gripping tale of a man driven insane by the constant snickers. He teams up with an angry man in a leisure suit and fanny pack, and together they lay waste to smug yuppies in fashionable clothes.

Where would a guy in a Speedo carry a gun?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2012, 01:03 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,751,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
yeah someday someones going to make fun of a guy wearing speedos or shorts and the person's going to get his head blown off. theres road rage and ppl going postal at work, sooner or later theres going to be ppl getting killed for laughing at their clothing choice.

im sorry but this whole "i'll wear anything no matter how ridiculous it makes me feel if it keeps ppl from laughing at me" is just plain pathetic. thats the attitude of a teenager. you can have that attitude when youre a teenager. beyond that age do what youre suppose to do: grow up.
If never seen a man in a speedo except guys swimming laps in a pool. They also shave their body hair for less drag. Not most guys thing. If I'm going into the drink off the boogie board, tube or skies, the last thing I want on is a speedo. ~

Last edited by GOBBARK; 03-24-2012 at 01:18 PM..

Old 03-24-2012, 01:07 PM

But then again, you'll look pretty funny when you peel your jeans or pants off, tie the ends in a knot, and blow them up for a floatation device! Wrap the loop around your head and lean back. My arse isn't gonna be shark or tree stump bait!

Old 03-25-2012, 01:06 AM

4,475 posts, read 6,684,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Ooh, you could write a book: The Speedo Diaries, the gripping tale of a man driven insane by the constant snickers. He teams up with an angry man in a leisure suit and fanny pack, and together they lay waste to smug yuppies in fashionable clothes.

Where would a guy in a Speedo carry a gun?
so mods make fun of us now? thought you all were suppose to be neutral

Old 03-25-2012, 01:28 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times
Speedos keep everything stable. They're streamlined. They make me feel like I'm swimming faster.

Now you girls tell us why you get ugly tattoos on your lovely calves, sport deep cleavage when its below zero outside, and feel compelled to have plastic bags filled with god-knows-what implanted into your chests.

Old 03-25-2012, 10:18 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,865,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Well, sure. But if you're not a competitive swimmer, why wear something that is out of fashion and generally disliked or laughed at? Are Speedos comfortable? Do they make more flattering tan lines? I haven't heard what the point is, just some guys insisting that they will continue to wear them, doggone it. Okay. But why? What's so great about them?
Obviously, the same reason women wear bikinis.

Old 03-25-2012, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Obviously, the same reason women wear bikinis.
Yeah, but women look great and sexy in bikinis. Men in speedos don't. It looks like you left the house in your undees and went for a swim. Most women know, they get to see more outlines and imprints of "equipment" with regular wet swim trunks anyway.

Old 03-25-2012, 10:27 AM

Would you rather look at an "apple" all balled up in a knot or a "hot dog"? LMAO

Old 03-25-2012, 11:10 AM

24,120 posts, read 32,468,260 times
I REALLY am uncomfortable with them! They are disgusting and reveal way to much. I think that aside from men on swim teams, they are worn by men who wear gold chains and bracelets.

Old 03-25-2012, 01:32 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I REALLY am uncomfortable with them! They are disgusting and reveal way to much.
If you're ever disgusted by somebody similar, feel free to send him my way!

Moderator cut: image removed

Quote:
I think that aside from men on swim teams, they are worn by men who wear gold chains and bracelets.
That's quite correct! Same goes for that! If you get disgusted by somebody like that, send him IMMEDIATELY my way!

http://chrisspheeris.com/wp-content/...GING-email.jpg

Last edited by Marka; 01-10-2014 at 12:49 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty