U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2018, 06:28 AM

5,562 posts, read 8,268,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
The same standards should apply to both men and women = should be slim and fit. Rolls of fat are never attractive to anyone except a cannibal.
This. There's nothing more inherently wrong with a speedo than there is with a bikini. It's about taste and having the right body to wear one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2018, 10:39 AM

2,744 posts, read 3,749,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Speedos are conservative, compared to the g-string type of swimwear I saw European men wearing in Playa Del Carmen decades ago! Why aren't any men wearing those, on the beaches in France an Italy? Speedos are so last century! Count your blessings, ladies. It could be a LOT worse, trust me!

OTOH, I think those long board shorts look dumb as swimwear. They should be used like shorts, for street wear, with a shorter version for the beach, IMO. They must be annoying to actually try to swim in: all that bulky long fabric!
I totally agree. I refuse to wear those long board shorts. Unless you are surfing and not wanting to get chapped from your surf board, those are ridiculous. I have been getting square cut speedos and will continue to wear them. I work out regularly so I have no beer belly. I just hate getting into a pool and having that "balloon effect" on those trunks. I guess I am old enough not to care what others think. LOL

Old 12-04-2018, 02:07 PM

Location: Follow the oil exhaust cloud until you run out of gas, then turn left
870 posts, read 253,521 times
Funny thing, squarelegs. I've tried them and usually can't get them up too far past my knees! They don't seem to be made for dudes with giant muscular thighs I guess. I'm limited to jammers/bike shorts and briefs.

Squarelegs are weird like that.

I'll wear a boardshort over my jammer *to* the pool if for example I'm at an hotel in an overly head-up-ass conservative area. Once I hit the pool deck it comes off. I hate the "balloon shorts" effect too.

Old Today, 05:49 PM

300 posts, read 193,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogarven View Post
I totally agree. I refuse to wear those long board shorts. Unless you are surfing and not wanting to get chapped from your surf board, those are ridiculous. I have been getting square cut speedos and will continue to wear them. I work out regularly so I have no beer belly. I just hate getting into a pool and having that "balloon effect" on those trunks. I guess I am old enough not to care what others think. LOL

I just can't wear speedos! I play a lot of sports and I work out so I'm fit but for some reason I just don't like them. I'll literally stood right in the middle of one of the worlds nicest beaches filled with "beautiful people" on Ipanema in Rio and I was the only one not wearing speedos.

Just can't do it......

Old Today, 05:59 PM

5,256 posts, read 3,745,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
I just can't wear speedos! I play a lot of sports and I work out so I'm fit but for some reason I just don't like them. I'll literally stood right in the middle of one of the worlds nicest beaches filled with "beautiful people" on Ipanema in Rio and I was the only one not wearing speedos.

Just can't do it......
And I'd say you were probably the best dressed man on that beach!

I can't stand the look of speedos. Nobody needs to see the lumps and bumps LOL

Bikinis/women? Only if you have the right body for them. Not too tight, not too skimpy, and not with rolls of flab hanging out everywhere.

Old Today, 06:05 PM

4,365 posts, read 1,834,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
And I'd say you were probably the best dressed man on that beach!

Bikinis/women? Only if you have the right body for them. Not too tight, not too skimpy, and not with rolls of flab hanging out everywhere.
Amen.

Old Today, 06:18 PM

19,257 posts, read 3,998,424 times
[quote=gouligann;53879065]And I'd say you were probably the best dressed man on that beach!

Old Today, 06:33 PM

11,176 posts, read 6,351,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lentzr View Post
I know that this topic is debatable. In the US, the population is slightly against speedos. However, I am curious. I would like to hear about how acceptable it is for men to wear speedos if they are fit or thin. (I know it would be totally out of the question for overweight men). If you are fit or thin, have you worn a speedo in public? What happened? As long as you do not draw too much attention on yourself, did people seem to notice or even make comments? What part of the country is this? I do NOT want this to be a debate about the speedo. I have heard the pros and cons before. I want to know what has happened to men who wear them.
almost a 10 year old thread, but too juicy a topic not to answer. Speedos are exclusively worn by gays or/and non-American males. Personally, I love a good looking, fit man in a speedo!

Old Today, 06:38 PM

Location: Follow the oil exhaust cloud until you run out of gas, then turn left
870 posts, read 253,521 times
Quote:
Speedos are exclusively worn by gays or/and Europeans.

Better not let my dad (an immigrant Aussie by way of Wes' Yoakshuh) hear you say that unless you want him to ask which corner of the planet you'd like to pick yourself up out of!

Last edited by Ttark; Today at 06:54 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty