U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 04:20 AM

8,415 posts, read 34,319,158 times

Advertisements

Olive oil certainly has vitamin e. Its very high in it:

Olive oil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Olive oil contains the monounsaturated fat oleic acid, having antioxidants such as vitamin E and carotenoids, and oleuropein, a chemical that prevents the oxidation of LDL particles. It is these properties that are thought to contribute to the health benefits of olive oil."

Nutrition Facts and Analysis for Oil, olive, salad or cooking

^^^ 10% of your daily vitamin e per tbs

emu oil also has vitamin e:

http://www.ehow.com/about_5436018_al...e-emu-oil.html

"Although vitamin E is already present in emu oil, vitamin E oil itself is an alternative to emu oil."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2010, 05:44 AM

13,258 posts, read 34,604,245 times
Not trusting wikipedia, I checked outside it in a quick google search and whaddya know. You're right! But what I also found, was two-fold:
1. the evidence that vitamin e dietary supplements interfere and reduce the efficiency of chemotherapy is inconclusive, and
2. this refers exclusively to dietary supplements - that is, ingesting vitamin E in doses of 1000 units at a time, and not smearing 2 drops of olive oil, of which only trace amounts consist of vitamin E, on the skin.

Also, most foods that are healthy, contain vitamin E. If someone on chemo were to adhere to a "no vitamin E" diet, they would have to cut out green vegetables, meats, nuts and legumes, olives, whole grains, fortified cereals, fish, eggs, and beans. In short, they would eat cheese, and pretty much nothing else.

Old 02-10-2015, 02:54 AM

467 posts, read 350,719 times
I couldn't help feeling for this lady. I did not need chemo, only radiotherapy but the changes in skin & hair were pretty drastic. I thought it might be a good idea to try to bring this post up to date with sites that I used that proved very helpful to me through last year.

Caring for Your Skin, Hair, and Nails During Chemotherapy SCROLL DOWN TO "Caring for Your Skin, Hair, and Nails During Chemotherapy
By Katherine Kam
"
WebMD Feature
Should I take vitamins when having chemotherapy? | Cancer Research UK
Healthy Side Dish Recipes | Cook For Your Life

AnonChick hope the above adds to your databank, thanks for sharing.

Old 02-10-2015, 07:58 AM

10,664 posts, read 7,703,785 times
I think your mom should talk with the staff at her chemo center, they ought to know what would work or not for her.
Wishing her the best.

Old 02-10-2015, 08:57 AM

3,836 posts, read 6,605,387 times
My mom found that the Origins body cream works best for her when she is getting chemo. Yes, she uses it on her face.

Old 02-10-2015, 12:22 PM

10,664 posts, read 7,703,785 times
Make sure she doesn't forget to use a good sunblock at all times, since chemo often doesn't do well with sunrays (although avoiding the sun as much as possible would be even better).

Old 02-10-2015, 03:28 PM

19,631 posts, read 53,468,042 times
I recently had to use a chemotherapy cream on my face. It burns, blisters, and peels the skin. I used Olay's Regenerist Pro Serum morning and night. It helped a lot.

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 02-14-2015 at 06:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty