Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 09:36 PM

13,290 posts, read 15,227,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onglet39 View Post
I can tell by the way you took out the effort to break up my posts, you are one of those tit for tat,
I'm actually **** for tats. I've ended up having sex with a few women who started conversations with me by saying "I like your tat" or something similar.

Quote:
I'm right no matter what posters

I'm right, except when I'm wrong

Quote:
Fair enough, you get to do what you like
That's all that I'm asking, that you let people do what they like. If they like to shower at a different frequency than you do, it's really no soap off of you bar.

Quote:
But I won't participate, not willing to dedicate to the cut and paste. I think what you have done is a weird waste of time. I don't give a rat's ass about your specific view on the topic.
I've have not cut, nor pasted, once in this thread to my recollection.

Quote:
The bottom line is, I find it weird to argue against washing your stinky body before going to dinner. Maybe I am indeed a terrible, judgmental so-and-so for wanting you to wash your pits before sitting down after a long sweaty day. If you think I am one, and other's agree, I'll just say I am guilty as charged. Because come on, it is disgusting to subject guests to your body funk. It just is
I find it hard to argue against logic like 'it just is' but, disgusting is in the mind of the beholder. One person's disgusting is another person's normal.

Quote:
and if you need a law to make you believe me, you are beyond repair.
This reads suspiciously like you you are one of those "I'm right no matter what" posters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2010, 10:15 PM

38,707 posts, read 102,705,069 times
Oh just shut up already.

Old 04-27-2010, 10:25 PM

2 posts, read 9,588 times
"Yes. I see no reason to dress up when it doesn't change the person underneath.

All it leads to is snobbishness against those who actually could not AFFORD to dress up fancy."

I TOTALLY AGREE with the above statement.

Old 04-28-2010, 05:59 AM

13,290 posts, read 15,227,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Oh just shut up already.
I guess this would be an example of you 'not giving a damn'?

Old 04-28-2010, 03:46 PM

10,163 posts, read 20,701,071 times
I recently watched on old movie clip and took notice to how dapper everyone appeared, men looked like men. No matter where they went, baseball game, movie theater, restaurant, the men all wore hats and ties. Now I'm not advocating we reel the calendar back to the roaring twenties, but some balance is in order. I hate when I go into a restaurant and see some guy sitting at the table with a baseball cap on his head. No problem if it's McDonald's, but if you're dining at a restaurant where food is served to you, take the hat off. Same with khaki shorts, flip-flops, and football jerseys...save that for the ballpark or a hot dog stand.

Old 04-28-2010, 07:01 PM

182 posts, read 645,453 times
I really enjoy the look of formal dress. But I find it uncomfortable sometimes. I live in a valley where it can get 110 degrees+ in the summer, so I'm glad its socially acceptable to dress either way. And when I do dress formal, its because I want to and I feel cute doing it, I probably wouldn't feel that way if I had to dress formally all the time because of societal expectations.

Old 04-28-2010, 07:18 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,704,213 times
Absolutely. I believe this preoccupation with being slouchy and wearing laid back apparel wise is detracting from our collective overall mental health. The latest fashion here are those ugly, ugly stretchy spandex tights leggings thingys from the 80'S! . I will rejoice when this fad emits a death rattle and makes its way to the ragpile again. NOT attractive at all. Not even on IN-SHAPE women.

Old 04-28-2010, 07:21 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,704,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by koomomma View Post
"Yes. I see no reason to dress up when it doesn't change the person underneath.

All it leads to is snobbishness against those who actually could not AFFORD to dress up fancy."

I TOTALLY AGREE with the above statement.
Clean pressed clothes that match and fit well are now considered fancy?

Old 04-28-2010, 07:24 PM

580 posts, read 1,077,110 times
I have to say that I actually really like this country (for the most part) having a very easy going attitude towards dress. I would gladly go around in a T-shirt and shorts and sandals, and being as the summers here can get ridiculously hot, that's actually a very good idea so that you don't die of heat stroke.
At the same time, I think there are still events which should be treated with a slightly elevated set of attire. Operas, plays, business interviews of course, etc. etc. are still widely held to be the domain of formal. And I'm all for that. If we always dressed in suits (or dresses) then I don't think it would mean quite the same thing.
So I'm all for dressing however you want in real life, as long as you understand that certain events traditionally require a better dress code.

Old 04-28-2010, 07:31 PM

38,707 posts, read 102,705,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
I guess this would be an example of you 'not giving a damn'?
The more you post the clearer it is that Onglet39 has you pegged.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty