Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 12:59 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I was thinking the same thing!! People don't know what normal is anymore do they?
Normal to me = healthy. Not overweight, not underweight. Normality also has to do with what you see everyday. The woman in the vid is beautiful but no doubt she is overweight otherwise she would not be a Lane Bryant model or employed as a "plus sized model".

What I see everyday IS smaller and more healthy/fit than this woman. But, still, I think she's smoking hot. Well, at least how the vid is edited she looks smoking hot. Big but without the cottage cheesy wrinkly flabby stomach and thighs. Stomach actually looked flat. So its safe to assume that this woman is no stranger to athletic endeavors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2010, 01:21 PM

1,188 posts, read 2,319,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Normal to me = healthy. Not overweight, not underweight. Normality also has to do with what you see everyday. The woman in the vid is beautiful but no doubt she is overweight otherwise she would not be a Lane Bryant model or employed as a "plus sized model".

What I see everyday IS smaller and more healthy/fit than this woman. But, still, I think she's smoking hot. Well, at least how the vid is edited she looks smoking hot. Big but without the cottage cheesy wrinkly flabby stomach and thighs. Stomach actually looked flat. So its safe to assume that this woman is no stranger to athletic endeavors.
I disagree because the camera adds 10 lbs. She is a plus sized model because if you are not a 0-3 you are plus sized. She is WITHIN the NORMAL range, even if she is upper end of the range, she is still NORMAL and just as YOU SAID, NORMAL=HEALTHY. In person, she would even seem less than the vid or a pic...again, take 10lbs off because that is what it adds.

Old 04-24-2010, 01:33 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,734,422 times
Quote:

The fashion industry has a very different view on what 'plus size' means. The average plus size model is a size 12 which is by no means what the general public would consider particularly big.

While a normal BMI is great, it is not the only indication of good health. Plenty of normal sized people have high cholesterol and high blood pressure which are very high risk factors.

And while this is not usual, it happens;

3 dead Detroit marathoners said to be healthy - Other sports- nbcsports.msnbc.com

Old 04-24-2010, 01:54 PM

1,271 posts, read 4,022,429 times
I saw this hoopla a couple of days ago!!! I don't know how true it is cuz at this point ABC is denying it, but I will say this..people need to really own up their prejudices! Instead of all this "oh they are tooo sexy for t.v" or "people won't pay attention to the product" I gotta ask what people? As a plus size women (Welcome to AMERICA) I am more apt to buying clothing that I can see on myself. Hell my man (who I'm sure would love to just look at the plus sized bodies) would also benefit for a commercial like this considering he is with a woman whose body type is similar the women on the commercial.

Plus people don't get airtime because someone doesn't like the way they look, not because their isn't a target market for the products advertise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
FOXNews.com - ABC Won't Air Ads for Plus-Size Line of Lingerie
ABC refuses to show Lane Bryant lingerie ad but has no problem with Victoria Secret ad. FOX network at first balked at the ad but later agreed to show the ad after Lane Bryant pointed out they show the Victoria Secret ad. They did the same with ABC but ABC still refuses to show the ad. This from the network that brought you NYPD Blue, Grey's Anatomy, and Desparate Housewives thinks this ad is too racy.

Old 04-24-2010, 09:17 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,251,417 times
Quote:

I think you need to get out into the real world and look around at the beautiful ladies. She is not overweight.

Old 04-24-2010, 09:28 PM

796 posts, read 1,842,617 times
She's gorgeous...and there's nothing overly racy about the ad...it's sexy in a very tasteful way.

Old 04-25-2010, 06:44 AM

4,266 posts, read 11,418,220 times
She is hardly fat...voluptuous, yes....and gorgeous, and sexy

Old 04-25-2010, 08:44 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,193,173 times
damn, those curves...
I saw nothing more racy than what VS usually does. I thought she was rather beautiful

Old 04-25-2010, 09:39 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,670,185 times
She is definitely overweight. She also happens to be at her peak fertility so the fat is distributed in the best possible way to maximize her looks, and that's why she still looks good. She will look like hell at the age of 30, as all women do when they are that overweight. Sorry but it is true, the fat distribution changes so that it isn't optimal, uou end up with a huge gut, or big fat ass.

Old 04-26-2010, 03:52 AM

1,188 posts, read 2,319,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onglet39 View Post
She is definitely overweight. She also happens to be at her peak fertility so the fat is distributed in the best possible way to maximize her looks, and that's why she still looks good. She will look like hell at the age of 30, as all women do when they are that overweight. Sorry but it is true, the fat distribution changes so that it isn't optimal, uou end up with a huge gut, or big fat ass.
Please! Don't judge her but what happened to you. You are baseless on what WILL happen to her. She is NOT overweight. She may be on the upper end of normal/healthy, but she is not FAT. I am not sure how old Ashley is, but she may knock your socks off as she ages so ... I totally disagree with your assessment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty