U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 08:40 AM

14,095 posts, read 22,989,917 times

Advertisements

FOXNews.com - ABC Won't Air Ads for Plus-Size Line of Lingerie
ABC refuses to show Lane Bryant lingerie ad but has no problem with Victoria Secret ad. FOX network at first balked at the ad but later agreed to show the ad after Lane Bryant pointed out they show the Victoria Secret ad. They did the same with ABC but ABC still refuses to show the ad. This from the network that brought you NYPD Blue, Grey's Anatomy, and Desparate Housewives thinks this ad is too racy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2010, 09:21 AM

12,977 posts, read 28,833,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
FOXNews.com - ABC Won't Air Ads for Plus-Size Line of Lingerie
ABC refuses to show Lane Bryant lingerie ad but has no problem with Victoria Secret ad. FOX network at first balked at the ad but later agreed to show the ad after Lane Bryant pointed out they show the Victoria Secret ad. They did the same with ABC but ABC still refuses to show the ad. This from the network that brought you NYPD Blue, Grey's Anatomy, and Desparate Housewives thinks this ad is too racy.
I actually kinda see why the network execs are balking on this. The Victoria's Secret shows/ads feature "normal" sized models who, when you watch them model the products, you see and/are focused the product and not the model. With plus sized models, one's attention is more drawn to the model instead of the product, and since its lingere, people will tend to notice larger, heavier, more in-your-face cleavage and such which can come across as too racy for tv.

I cant believe I am saying this but: The plus sized models in lingere come across as much more sexy than the normal sized models in lingere. This is not cool for family time tv show.

Old 04-22-2010, 09:34 AM

14,095 posts, read 22,989,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
I actually kinda see why the network execs are balking on this. The Victoria's Secret shows/ads feature "normal" sized models who, when you watch them model the products, you see and/are focused the product and not the model. With plus sized models, one's attention is more drawn to the model instead of the product, and since its lingere, people will tend to notice larger, heavier, more in-your-face cleavage and such which can come across as too racy for tv.

I cant believe I am saying this but: The plus sized models in lingere come across as much more sexy than the normal sized models in lingere. This is not cool for family time tv show.
Yeah, guys watch the Victoria Secret commercial for the lingere. Also, ABC is the network that brought you Grey's Anatomy, The Bachelor, The Bachelorette, and Desparate Housewives. I'm sorry, ABC/Disney gave up being family time TV a long time ago.

Old 04-22-2010, 01:15 PM

8,415 posts, read 34,361,398 times
Yeh but those shows would chase all little boys out of the room... ☺

I think its probably because the advert block was more geared towards guilt tripping thin trip. Too many conflicting adverts in a block make total block less effective.

Just watch any show and pretend you are going to sell the stuff on every commercial. Then line it up with people you know and use those products and ask what shows they watch. Its rather creepy.

Old 04-22-2010, 02:05 PM

8,140 posts, read 12,528,557 times
b/c no one wants to see fat people wearing next to nothing on TV...yechhhh

Old 04-22-2010, 07:37 PM

12,054 posts, read 19,664,768 times
I saw the commercial and thought it was terrific. I don't necessarily think it should be shown at 8 p.m., but I also don't think VS should have their ads on at that time.

Old 04-22-2010, 07:51 PM

17,414 posts, read 18,297,942 times
I saw the Lane Bryant ad and it is on about the same level of a Playtex ad (even the full figured version Playtex ad)

The Victoria's Secret ads and the Carl's Jr ads (with Kim Kardashian and Paris Hilton) are far more racy than the Lane Bryant one and those aired at all hours practically.

Old 04-22-2010, 08:05 PM

1,188 posts, read 2,000,774 times
I think the Lane Bryant commercials are AWESOME! Lingerie is no different than the bikini on any other show or commercial. The model has some meat on her bones..she looks good. They aren't FAT as Jdawg8181 declares. I think they are beautiful and the ads are wonderful! It's ok for cleavage to be seen on skinny actresses (as seen on plenty of shows), but there's a problem with it on a plus size...NOOO!!!! C'mon You Go Girl!

Old 04-23-2010, 06:13 PM

1,154 posts, read 1,675,268 times
Exposure: Fox to Air Lane Bryant Spot

YouTube - The Lane Bryant Lingerie Commercial Fox and ABC Did Not Want Their Viewers To See.

Old 04-23-2010, 06:23 PM

1,188 posts, read 2,000,774 times

Awesome!!! Now...How is that any different than Pamela Sue Anderson who's as voluptuous as Ashley is dancing with the stars in next to nothing and they don't want to show the commercial without restrictions during that showtime??...or all those VAangels in their fashion show on tv or their own commercials? Or any of the other next to naked shows out there with 26inch waists and 36DD or bigger boobs exposed in their bikini's!?? It is NO different. Ashley Graham you are gorgeous. You look Great! Flaunt it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty