U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-24-2010, 05:19 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,645,993 times

Advertisements

Femininity is an attitude -- you can be feminine in a tee, jeans, and sneakers.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2010, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashM View Post
Imo there are too many feminists in the States...
This boggles the mind....

Old 04-24-2010, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Feminism is about equal opportunities for women, which means we don't have to be slaves to fashion if we choose not to be. I have a closet full of cute clothes and shoes, but it's not my job to decorate your world. What strangers on the internet prefer has very little impact on my day-to-day.
Amen, sister! Brava!

Old 04-24-2010, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashM View Post
Yep that's why you women should wear manlike jeans instead of refined and sexy dresses.

Yeah, we'll all dress to keep men happy instead of ourselves.

First of all decorating of yourself is useful for you. Do you want to marry a rich and successful man? If yes, I believe you should look well. Otherwise, your place could probably be taken by some pretty girl who dresses cool and looks better than you.
Are you for real? Or are you just trolling the thread?

Old 04-24-2010, 08:35 PM

1,881 posts, read 2,515,501 times
Russian women (at least recent emigres here in LA) are also known for wearing furs to evenings out, just dining or going to plays/concerts. I don't think they view heels or furs or gaudy designer handbags as feminine, rather just proper attire befitting women of a certain class or status.

Old 04-24-2010, 08:49 PM

3,111 posts, read 2,361,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokingGun View Post
Russian women (at least recent emigres here in LA) are also known for wearing furs to evenings out, just dining or going to plays/concerts. I don't think they view heels or furs or gaudy designer handbags as feminine, rather just proper attire befitting women of a certain class or status.
Heels are not exclusive to any particular social class in Russia.They are so exteremly popular and widespread that it would be fair to say women of all social classes wear them. Maybe particular brands of shoes are more popular with upper class women, but not heels in general.

Old 04-24-2010, 09:03 PM

3,111 posts, read 2,361,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
And as soon as the cameras were off, I'm sure SJP kicked off the Manolos and pulled on some slippers. Most actresses do.

Feminism is about equal opportunities for women, which means we don't have to be slaves to fashion if we choose not to be. I have a closet full of cute clothes and shoes, but it's not my job to decorate your world. What strangers on the internet prefer has very little impact on my day-to-day.
My impression is they wear heels because they love wearing them. They like to look as good as they can.

There are many ways to look at feminism. Russia in many ways would be considered a feminist nation in the sense that women are highly educated and work outside the home.

Also, women have tremendous freedom in nations that appreciate female beauty and allow women to look as attractive as can be. If Americans dressed the way most Russian women do they would be called "hookers" and all sorts of names. This to me shows that Russia is MORE of a feminist country than the U.S. Women are restricted in their dress here and have pressure to be plain and modest. Russian women are free to express themselves.

Old 04-24-2010, 10:04 PM

253 posts, read 448,558 times
Well, Russian women may love to wear heels, but I hate heels. I absolutely refuse to wear them. I don't care whether that pleases men or not.

Old 04-25-2010, 05:37 AM

1,036 posts, read 1,128,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
This to me shows that Russia is MORE of a feminist country than the U.S. Women are restricted in their dress here and have pressure to be plain and modest. Russian women are free to express themselves.
Lol I like your point But anyways I don't agree. The States are way more feminist country.

All these sneakers is a kind of way to say, "Hey guys I'm a woman and I'm gonna wear these shoes. And I don't give a heck whether you like them or not. You men don't wear heels so why we women should?" Lol

Old 04-25-2010, 05:39 AM

1,036 posts, read 1,128,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyA11 View Post
This boggles the mind....
Are you another feminist?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty