Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 03:09 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,167,707 times

Advertisements

Women wearing heels doesn't mean they are hookers.
American women tend to wear jeans, shorts, flip flops, or what we used to call tennis shoes for casual dress. They also have a habit of shaving legs and armpits. That is good.
Russian women might dress in heels, skirts, dresses, for casual dress but not do the shaving thing and look great.
But I prefer the shaving custom with jeans, shorts, flip flops or tennis shoes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2010, 04:26 AM

1,036 posts, read 1,820,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm24x7 View Post
U're better off without them .. at that height i believe u're just fine and dont need high heels
You said it.

Old 04-24-2010, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robhu View Post
Women wearing heels doesn't mean they are hookers.
American women tend to wear jeans, shorts, flip flops, or what we used to call tennis shoes for casual dress. They also have a habit of shaving legs and armpits. That is good.
Russian women might dress in heels, skirts, dresses, for casual dress but not do the shaving thing and look great.
But I prefer the shaving custom with jeans, shorts, flip flops or tennis shoes.
FYI Russian women have a habit of shaving legs and armpits too. Anyways, I do believe 'dress and heels' are way more feminine and stylish clothes than 'jeans and flip flops'.

Btw Carrie used to dress very cool. I assume women should copy her style more often.

Old 04-24-2010, 05:36 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
Btw Carrie used to dress very cool. I assume women should copy her style more often.
And as soon as the cameras were off, I'm sure SJP kicked off the Manolos and pulled on some slippers. Most actresses do.

Feminism is about equal opportunities for women, which means we don't have to be slaves to fashion if we choose not to be. I have a closet full of cute clothes and shoes, but it's not my job to decorate your world. What strangers on the internet prefer has very little impact on my day-to-day.

Old 04-24-2010, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Feminism is about equal opportunities for women
Yep that's why you women should wear manlike jeans instead of refined and sexy dresses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
but it's not my job to decorate your world.
First of all decorating of yourself is useful for you. Do you want to marry a rich and successful man? If yes, I believe you should look well. Otherwise, your place could probably be taken by some pretty girl who dresses cool and looks better than you.

Old 04-24-2010, 07:16 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,251,440 times
Oh for the love of god I never said everyone in heels was a hooker....Get real. But Russia is known for that industry. Its one of the things I had to be aware of because of modeling. You have to be careful when traveling with that and be aware of what jobs you are going to even with an agency. Russia is one of the places where the underground sex industry is huge.

Any non-american woman dresses up far more. Any. The way those areas are set up you could actually walk around without killing yourself in shoes like that. Most places in america are far more spread out and you are not suppose to drive in heels.

Old 04-24-2010, 11:10 AM

1,060 posts, read 1,557,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Any non-american woman dresses up far more. Any. The way those areas are set up you could actually walk around without killing yourself in shoes like that. Most places in america are far more spread out and you are not suppose to drive in heels.
More walkable distance-wise, but it takes a toll to walk on cobblestone sidewalks in high heels. My wife is from Europe but still managed to break a heel and almost wipe out when we were in Poland last summer.

Old 04-24-2010, 12:50 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Lot's of American women wear heels too. I know used to when I was younger and working in the city. I even made the hike from public transportation to the office in my heels when many women had started to wear sneakers (while carrying their heels in a backpack to change into once they arrived). I also remember bleeding toes and popping knees and other good stuff. When I stopped working and started wearing flat shoes most of the time it took awhile for my calf's to adjust to being stretched and it was painful at first. I have metal in my ankle now from a bad break and will never wear heels again.

I'm glad we have started to redefine "femininity" because it sure as hell doesn't mean fashion. Only the fashion industry wants people to believe that.

Old 04-24-2010, 02:07 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,528,733 times
Bless all the women who like to wear heels cause i feel blessed getting to see them wear heels.

Gotta wonder how their feet look like though.

Old 04-24-2010, 03:36 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
No way...I even saw pictures of women walking their dogs in high heels.
WHY on Gods Green Earth would they make their dogs wear high heels
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty