U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2007, 12:12 PM

21,416 posts, read 29,529,737 times

Advertisements

I made a mistake of buying earrings that are too heavy and I can't take them back, does anyone have a idea what I can do so I can wear them? They are for pierced ears.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2007, 12:20 PM

31,152 posts, read 57,274,608 times
Are they post earrings? Do the backs have those clear plastic discs attached? Those help sometimes. You can buy the discs at jewelry counters if they're not already attached to the back.

Old 06-12-2007, 12:20 PM

Location: Boonies of Georgia ~~~~ nuttier than a squirrel turd !
1,950 posts, read 4,659,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
I made a mistake of buying earrings that are too heavy and I can't take them back, does anyone have a idea what I can do so I can wear them? They are for pierced ears.
All I know is that my sister used to wear lots of heavy earings, now she has slits for earlobes. Even after she ripped the first holes out with heavy earrings, she got them pierced again and repeated the cycle. Now she had no cartlidge to pierce and they look horrible.
Maybe sell them on e-bay ....

Old 06-12-2007, 03:09 PM

17,157 posts, read 22,161,261 times
i saw a woman with a large earring thru both her nostrils two weeks ago,,looked like a bull,,
i just dont get it,,is it suppose to make her look more desirable for the bull-fetish men??

Old 06-12-2007, 03:17 PM

11,878 posts, read 32,917,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
i saw a woman with a large earring thru both her nostrils two weeks ago,,looked like a bull,,
i just dont get it,,is it suppose to make her look more desirable for the bull-fetish men??
THAT is funny! I've never understood that garbage either.

Old 06-12-2007, 03:20 PM

18,434 posts, read 28,516,023 times
How are the earrings made? Are they chandeliers? You can lighten the earrings by removing pieces or replacing. If they weren't that exp like someone else said, you can sell them, but I make earrings and jewelry and you can do almost anything with a pair of earrings...

Old 06-12-2007, 04:23 PM

21,416 posts, read 29,529,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
How are the earrings made? Are they chandeliers? You can lighten the earrings by removing pieces or replacing. If they weren't that exp like someone else said, you can sell them, but I make earrings and jewelry and you can do almost anything with a pair of earrings...
That's a good idea, they are long, I'm going to try to remove the bottom part.

Old 06-12-2007, 06:57 PM

5,298 posts, read 5,672,416 times
Quote:
All I know is that my sister used to wear lots of heavy earings, now she has slits for earlobes.
That happened to me too.

Old 06-12-2007, 10:44 PM

1,911 posts, read 8,099,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theqbaby View Post
All I know is that my sister used to wear lots of heavy earings, now she has slits for earlobes.

I know of a product sold through a reputable Cleveland catalog company called Lobe Wonder. They are clear support patches for heavy earrings.
Retails for $14.00 for 120 single-use patches.

{The parent catalog company is Amerimark located in Cleveland.}

Check the website below for the catalog. Do a search w/ item number: 90043.

Hope it helps.

Time For Me Online Shopping

Old 06-12-2007, 11:18 PM

3,020 posts, read 23,068,533 times
Default You can just piece your body anywhere....

Hey, who said it was only for ears. Hang the junk anywhere. New set of rules.

They got bolts sticking out of their heads. Stuff over the eyes.

I am still debating how to go modern. I got this one chain / hook that weighs 36 pounds, the other weighs 62 pounds. Still want to maybe do the surgery to implant it somewhere. Ears are out, we need heavy bones, like shoulder blades or whatever.

You could put them on the "Private Parts". That now seems to be big. Surprise the gent going "Down There". Man, I can remember when Heavy Metal was this theorical concept about music.

The other idea that may be cutting edge is heat the earings to very hot and embed them in a body part, sort of like branding. They love that lil practice today too.

Hang it, embed it, snap and go with hooks. Who would have thunk, this would be the "New Age" concept of how to increase your love life. If you put it in the right part, could be a form of genetic type engineering. They say it "Feels Different" and increases excitement.

In a pinch, put them under your armpit. Don't think that has been done yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty