U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2010, 12:22 PM

3,513 posts, read 3,112,006 times

Advertisements

im a guy and have never worn make up in my life.

i have a couple blemishes, a few small acne scars when i was younger on my cheeks, but never really cared to do anything to cover it up.

just thought about this today because i thought i saw a guy at my job wearing makeup friday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2010, 12:23 PM

5,531 posts, read 8,188,759 times
I don't of any guy who wears makeup. If any do, they sure wouldn't admit it.

Old 05-02-2010, 04:37 PM

571 posts, read 890,480 times
There is a young man who works at the local coffee shop who wears eye makeup. He is a character and it actually seems to suit him! I don't know of any that wear concealer, however.

Old 05-02-2010, 04:44 PM

1,353 posts, read 3,130,832 times
No, unless they are gay.

Old 05-02-2010, 08:42 PM

1,036 posts, read 3,947,633 times
I have an associate who wears foundation to work. His sexuality is definitely in question (not b/c of the makeup!)

Old 05-04-2010, 03:12 AM

13,466 posts, read 14,451,501 times
Unless you're a rock star or playing the part of Jack Sparrow, leave the makeup to the girls.

Old 05-04-2010, 03:48 AM

1,823 posts, read 1,597,235 times
Heard about mens make up range by chanel sometime back .. mascaras for men and all .. although american idol Adam Lambert seems to wear make up by the way he looks .. dont know for sure if he's gay .

Old 05-04-2010, 04:16 AM

1,677 posts, read 3,611,436 times
Adam Lambert came out of the closet a few months ago and told everyone he's gay.

Guys can wear make-up and being gay is not a requirement.

Metro-sexual's get facials, do moisturizers with tints, mascara etc...Manicures, hair gel etc...

The girls can't have all the fun.

I think if it looks good why not. Now all you people don't seriously think all the male movie stars are going bare skinned do you?

Old 05-04-2010, 04:51 AM

8,415 posts, read 34,331,463 times
Putting on make up does not make you "gay". Grow up people.

I would not use cover up because unless you know what you are doing you are just going to make it stand out and seem worse. If you can tell the guy had make-up on, he had it on very wrong. I gave my little bro this make-up acne stick cover up for when he was actually breaking out. You could not even tell he used it, but I showed him how to put it on.

I would say the best cosmetic thing you can do for your scars is exfoliate your face to keep it smooth and protect the scars from the sun to prevent the color deepening. You should protect your whole face from the sun for cancer and age reasons anyway. They do make SPF face lotion for dudes. Just using that can smooth out the appearance of your face skin overall and sooth any shave burns. Some SPF lotions can make you break out so try it for a couple weeks and keep the receipt if you have to return it.

They make vitamin c lotions to fade the scar and brighten the skin. Those are nice and any skin peeling type lotion will help too.

Guy or girl I would just exfoliate, peel, lighten/brighten & protect. Scars look way better than pancaked makeup.

Old 05-10-2010, 01:28 AM

219 posts, read 441,256 times
I used concealer for a red pimple on my nose back in high school and one girl noticed and wouldn't stop saying "Kevin wears makeup!" That was the last time I wore makeup to cover up a blemish. However, now 10 years older, I am a cross-dresser and LOVE makeup. I'm not gay nor do I want to become a woman, but I do love the creativity involved in putting a look together with makeup (see my pics).

Google "blemishes" to learn what colors conceal/offset blemishes. Some are red and some are purple/blue, etc. A proper shade of decent concealer should be able to cover a few spots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty