U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 10:44 AM

544 posts, read 1,229,151 times

Advertisements

Hi: I got a copy of "Women's Health" magazine, the May issue with Jillian Michaels on the front, and on the inside cover there's a two page ad for Clinique, specifically for the clarifying lotion. I don't do much for my skin aside from Mary Kay Extra Emollient cleanser and night cream and the MK day lotion and a mask occasionally, and I think I should do more. I'm 60 years old and I have some irregularities in my skin tone.

There was a tv ad just now for Clinique, saying that it was available at Macy's but the products appear to also be available on Amazon. Can someone recommend a product or products I might use?

I think in terms of the Clarifying lotion, I would go with the Delicate Skin, since if I use anything but Mary Kay I get bad reactions. I just don't know what products or combination of products I should use, and even when the Clarifying lotion should be used.

TIA

Last edited by scsigurl3000; 05-05-2010 at 10:52 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2010, 11:03 AM

12,054 posts, read 19,661,728 times
I really like their Repairwear Eye Cream.

Old 05-05-2010, 12:21 PM

5,073 posts, read 4,141,709 times
You should go with their 3-step system: cleanser, clarifying lotion, and moisturizer that's suited to your skin type. You could check it out on Clinique's website, but it would probably be good to go to a department store and work with a sales assistant who can better assist you.

Old 05-05-2010, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollygolightly View Post
You should go with their 3-step system: cleanser, clarifying lotion, and moisturizer that's suited to your skin type. You could check it out on Clinique's website, but it would probably be good to go to a department store and work with a sales assistant who can better assist you.
Thank you. I'm not anywhere where I can do that. I was hoping someone could tell me a bit more, so I can order online from Amazon.

I understand about cleaning the face with cleanser and also about moisturizing, but when do you use the clarifying lotion? Before makeup, or after cleaning, before bedtime?

Old 05-05-2010, 01:57 PM

23,440 posts, read 30,639,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scsigurl3000 View Post
Thank you. I'm not anywhere where I can do that. I was hoping someone could tell me a bit more, so I can order online from Amazon.

I understand about cleaning the face with cleanser and also about moisturizing, but when do you use the clarifying lotion? Before makeup, or after cleaning, before bedtime?
Skin Care, Makeup and Cosmetics Online > Clinique

Look at the first tab on the left, where it says 3 step.

Old 05-05-2010, 02:06 PM

The company or a sales person is going to tell me their version of everything in order to sell me the maximum amount of their products. What I'm asking for is not a google result, but a personal experience/opinion from someone.

Old 05-05-2010, 02:20 PM

Quote:
The company or a sales person is going to tell me their version of everything in order to sell me the maximum amount of their products. What I'm asking for is not a google result, but a personal experience/opinion from someone.
It works, I've used these products since I was 13, I am now 48, go look at my profile pic if you want to see results.
I was only trying to tell you in what order to use the product.

Old 05-05-2010, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
It works, I've used these products since I was 13, I am now 48, go look at my profile pic if you want to see results.
I was only trying to tell you in what order to use the product.
You look really beautiful. So the Clinique is better than Mary Kay?

Okay, I got it; it's a three step process. I guess you do it at night before bedtime, or in the morning?

Old 05-05-2010, 04:09 PM

Quote:
You look really beautiful. So the Clinique is better than Mary Kay?

Okay, I got it; it's a three step process. I guess you do it at night before bedtime, or in the morning?
I use it twice a day, morning before makeup, and then in the evening after removing makeup, I think its much better than Mary Kay.
I have really never done anything else besides sunscreen for my skin, so it does work.
BTW, thank you for the compliment!
Theres another Clinique product I really like, 7 day scrub, I use it in the evening, as it can make the skin a little red, but it really gets rid of dead skin, and makes the skin look much younger.

Old 05-05-2010, 04:52 PM

12,977 posts, read 28,825,984 times
Im going to get a lot of flack for this since Im a guy, but I have been using Clarifying lotion #2 and Dramatically Different Moisterizing lotion for years. I highly recommend them both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty