U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 02:39 AM

5 posts, read 9,055 times

Advertisements

I am fairly obsessed with my grooming and really don't see it as a problem. I workout 5 days per weeks and use the solarium 2 to 3 days per week although I am very careful to stay in for under 10 minutes and mosturize regularly as well as getting regular mole checkups. I also get the occaissional spraytan. I realise many women may feel this is over the top, I do this because it make me feel good and I can see all the hard work I do in the gym. I also shave my body regularly as well as exfoliate regularly. I am also trying coloured contacts which I wore the other night. They are tricky to put on, I think they look quite good. I used to worry about coming across as to vain, I feel good when I dress well as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2010, 03:30 AM

1,823 posts, read 1,597,517 times
So whats your point ?? ..

Old 05-09-2010, 05:05 AM

5 posts, read 9,055 times
Just that I do what feels good. Spraytans have become a huge industry over the last few years, they have sprung up everywhere. I still believe there is a place for safe and responsible solarium use. I also believe it won't be long before makeup for men becomes more popular as attempts had been made to launch a makeup brand for men in the past.

Old 05-09-2010, 07:28 PM

1,466 posts, read 3,697,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Bullets View Post
I also believe it won't be long before makeup for men becomes more popular as attempts had been made to launch a makeup brand for men in the past.
lol. I am not sure what to say about that, but we call guys that wear make-up "Drag Queens" around here. ...not that there is anything wrong with that.

The only guys who I see wearing make-up are the guido (sp?) types. Luckily, we don't have too many of them in the South.

Old 05-10-2010, 01:08 AM

219 posts, read 441,382 times
Sounds fine to me. Do what makes you happy. I shape my eyebrows.

Old 05-10-2010, 08:03 AM

12,977 posts, read 28,814,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Bullets View Post
I also believe it won't be long before makeup for men becomes more popular as attempts had been made to launch a makeup brand for men in the past.
Sorry Liberace, that will never happen. Are you the guy who started the thread here a while back about painting your toenails?

There is a line (a very thick bold wide line) between male grooming and looking like a gay drag queen. Makeup of any kind is crossing the line (unless you are in the movies or on tv).

Old 05-10-2010, 08:24 AM

14,174 posts, read 22,505,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Sorry Liberace, that will never happen. Are you the guy who started the thread here a while back about painting your toenails?

There is a line (a very thick bold wide line) between male grooming and looking like a gay drag queen. Makeup of any kind is crossing the line (unless you are in the movies or on tv).
I agree. Makeup on men just doesn't work for me, as a man! I use moisturizer for men on my face and an alpha hydroxy cream at night, and that's it. People think I'm much younger than I am, so I'm not sure if keeping my face (and all my skin) moisturized has had an effect or if it's just good genes. I live in a dry climate, so moisturizer is important. I also exfoliate my face a couple times per week too. But makeup? No way.

Old 05-10-2010, 02:39 PM

22,770 posts, read 25,197,665 times
i can relate. the same thing happens to me when i pass out on the beach from drinking too much. i wake up tan, my skin exfoliated from the sand blasting.

Old 05-10-2010, 02:54 PM

16,416 posts, read 25,212,743 times
rofl, oh god. I work out but lotions? Spray tan? Exfoliate? Just don't admit this when you are out with the guys at the bar

Old 05-10-2010, 03:02 PM

2,858 posts, read 6,204,375 times
Yea...the colored contacts is what is really questionable to me. I know two dudes who have used them. Once turned out to be gay and the other is my cousin. I'm hoping he isn't gay because his parents would completely disown him if he were.

Shaving your entire body? You sir are a massive metrosexual. You are not male grooming, you are doing alot more than grooming. You sound like you want to look like a Ken doll.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or