Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2010, 11:21 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
No it isn't.

I see two alternatives--wear makeup or not. I advocate for "not" and say it is not required for women to be beautiful. You vote for the other alternative--that women cannot possibly be beautiful without it.

There are only two sides of the issue.
Please provide proof where I said women cannot be beautiful without makeup....that never rolled off my keyboard.
Again, I said to each her own.

Old 06-20-2010, 11:23 PM

1,233 posts, read 2,825,735 times
No, actually, there aren't just two sides to it.

I have a HUGE ego. I know I'm gorgeous when I wake up in the morning makeupless, with crazy bedhead and a pair of boxers on.

But I also like to play with makeup and make my eyes pop in contrast to my light skin and dark hair. I like to wear clothing that accentuates the dramatic hourglass shape I've got going on. I like doing things that show of my personal style.

Is it necessary? Hell no. I don't need it. But why not flaunt what I've got and have some unnecessary fun with the way that I look?

Old 06-20-2010, 11:25 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
There isn't anything wrong with it. Just like there's nothing wrong with NOT doing so. I think women are fairly attractive without doing a single thing to augment it.

Old 06-20-2010, 11:25 PM

Quote:
If you really believed "to each her own" you wouldn't take issue with women who choose NOT to wear makeup. And you wouldn't take issue with me for saying women didn't HAVE to wear it.
Why do you keep saying the bolded part of my quote?
I never have, have you been drinking or something?
Stop attempting to put words in my mouth!

Old 06-20-2010, 11:28 PM

As my grandpa used to say, if the barn needs painting, paint it. He was referring to women that wore makeup, love it!

I believe this comes from you?

The barn doesn't need painting!

Old 06-20-2010, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Why do you keep saying the bolded part of my quote?
I never have, have you been drinking or something?
Stop attempting to put words in my mouth!
Seriously, if you agree that women don't need to wear makeup, then there isn't an argument. But you keep trying to argue with what I'm saying...that women don't need to wear it, so apparently you seem to feel that women DO need to wear it.

Old 06-20-2010, 11:35 PM

Quote:
As my grandpa used to say, if the barn needs painting, paint it. He was referring to women that wore makeup, love it!

I believe this comes from you?

The barn doesn't need painting!
Quote:
Seriously, if you agree that women don't need to wear makeup, then there isn't an argument. But you keep trying to argue with what I'm saying...that women don't need to wear it, so apparently you seem to feel that women DO need to wear it.
I think you need to familiarize yourself with humor.
My grandfather was defending his granddaughters (my cousins) in the Pentecostal faith that chose to wear makeup because they were so blonde.
He didnt like people telling his womenfolk what they should or should not do.
I have spoken of this in other threads.

Old 06-20-2010, 11:37 PM

Excuses.

It's really quite simple. Do you agree with me that women do not HAVE to wear makeup, or not? Either/or. Black/white. Two choices. Which do you agree with?

Old 06-20-2010, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Excuses.

It's really quite simple. Do you agree with me that women do not HAVE to wear makeup, or not? Either/or. Black/white. Two choices. Which do you agree with?
I know women can do whatever the hell they want, and men in their lives be damned!
BTW, life is not B/W.....its all infinite shades of grey.

Old 06-20-2010, 11:40 PM

1,517 posts, read 2,319,416 times
rumandcoke,

No one cares what you wear, but you do not stand for all Southern women, not even all of a certain class of Southern women. I also wish you would say what you mean rather than saying bless your heart or sweetie when we all know what you really mean. I have never met you at the Piedmont I am sure, and I doubt I ever will. If you are truly as familiar with the South as you say you are, you know what I mean and you will refrain from calling me or any other member of my family backwoods. You are the one that is insulting, when you try to insinuate just because you are from a suburb of Atlanta you are upper class and the rest of us are not. I really do think you need to visit where I am from, because I know exactly which section you are from. Once again class cannot be bought, but it can be shown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty