Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 05:07 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vovavl View Post
I'm terribly sorry, but I do not agree. Guys are much attracted to all-natural girls.
Thats funny, I've NEVER had any problems attracting men, ever.

Old 06-25-2010, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumandcoke View Post
Bless your heart too. I see you have nothing better to do than to start drama where there is none. This thread is about makeup, not about you being bitter toward a woman who actually chooses to look presentable in public.
What in the world makes you think I dont wear makeup? Guess you havent read through this thread very well.
I dont go swanning around on internet forums bragging about my economic status, my pearls, or putting people down because they dont live in Buckhead.
I also dont sound like a bad Southern melodrama.

Old 06-25-2010, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emi__ View Post
Goodness gracious, you sure don't seem to pay attention to the conversation. Must have been fretting over powdering your nose. It's quite alright, I'll give you a recap: I wear makeup and I don't live in Alabama.

I simply think it's rude for you to speak so condescendingly, and that if you need to put on a full face of makeup to look healthy and naturally beautiful, you might want to look into improving your diet to see if that helps out a bit. A lot of the time, it will.
Perhaps an improvement in attitude might help, too.

Old 06-25-2010, 05:53 PM

114 posts, read 127,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emi__ View Post
Goodness gracious, you sure don't seem to pay attention to the conversation. Must have been fretting over powdering your nose. It's quite alright, I'll give you a recap: I wear makeup and I don't live in Alabama.

I simply think it's rude for you to speak so condescendingly, and that if you need to put on a full face of makeup to look healthy and naturally beautiful, you might want to look into improving your diet to see if that helps out a bit. A lot of the time, it will.
Both of y'all sound the same to me. Shrug.

I wouldn't be so condescending if I didn't receive such a negative reaction from you for MY choice. So, you decide to wear less makeup than I do. Two snaps for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
What in the world makes you think I dont wear makeup? Guess you havent read through this thread very well.
I dont go swanning around on internet forums bragging about my economic status, my pearls, or putting people down because they dont live in Buckhead.
I also dont sound like a bad Southern melodrama.
I read well, I just haven't been paying too much attention to anything you've been saying.

How have I been bragging about my economic status or pearls? I have been explaining why I wear so much makeup. If you take that as bragging about economic status and jewelry YOU need to work on your reading comprehension...

Old 06-25-2010, 05:59 PM

3,169 posts, read 5,164,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Neither full face nor makeupless, in most situations. Moisturizer, mascara, and lipbalm is pretty much perfect.
My kind of routine.

I do wear eyeliner, though! I've been thinking about nixing that, too.

Old 06-25-2010, 06:38 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Some gals are just butt ugly without it. Others of us look pretty good regardless. That's the only difference. Generally speaking guys prefer a girl who looks good either way because eventually they are going to have to come face to face with, uhh, THE FACE.

Old 06-25-2010, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Full face of makeup everytime I go outside is an absolute must!

I live in a wealthy community where women are expected to maintain themselves, if you will. I have a very high social standing in my community, thus my need to look presentable (hair combed, radiant color, pearls, and a dress or blouse).
Quote:
My community is more old money. Your community sounds like a bunch of women who have little to nothing before they get married, marry rich and run wild with their husbands' money. Bless their hearts.

There is a certain manner a well-positioned, well-respected Southern woman dresses compared with women in other parts of the country. It's gets hotter than a fresh blueberry tart out here, but you are expected to maintain yourself. I get the vapors something awful when I exercise outside this time of year. I make sure to put on makeup that won't run down my face causing me to look like some kind of circus clown!

My strings of pearls have been handed down from generation to generation in my family. My grandmother wore them, my mother wore them, and now it is my turn. It has nothing to do with showing off. It is just standard apparel of any Southern woman of my social echelon.
Quote:

My social standing
is not dependent on what I wear; I am just expected to look a certain way in public and at the events that I either host or attend. There is really nothing oppressive about being expected to look good. It's better than the sloppy, stringy haired, blemishes for all to see, hole-ridden clothed women who I see in other parts of the metro area I reside in.
Quote:

I guess we'll just have to accept that we come from different places. My social circle is comprised of people who know better than to look plain and basic.

To each her own, I guess.
Quote:
Oh, Alabama! I have heard of all of those places. I have family in Brunswick.

I live in Johns Creek, just north of Atlanta. It's interesting to hear the differences between the way women choose to present themselves in Alabama compared to Georgia. I guess it's an urban vs. backwoods sort of thing.
Quote:
I called Alabama backwoods.
Quote:

Well, don't complain then when I call where you live backwoods. If the shoe fits...

This thread IS, after all, about makeup. Since you choose to wear none and think that water and healthy diet is a good enough substitute, why are you here again? I think you've put your two cents in. No need to chastize women who think that water and carrots aren't good enough substitutes for mascara or foundation...
Quote:
Both of y'all sound the same to me. Shrug.

I wouldn't be so condescending if I didn't receive such a negative reaction from you

I read well, I just haven't been paying too much attention to anything you've been saying.

How have I been bragging about my economic status or pearls?
The bolded parts are where you have bragged about your social status and money. Old southern money NEVER calls attention to itself in any way.
These posts are gauche and nouveau riche, they sound like something one of the Real Housewives of Atlanta would say.
A TRUE southern lady would never call herself rumandcoke either, thats a dead giveaway of a poseur.
The other, unbolded parts are just downright amusing.

Old 06-26-2010, 08:29 AM

1,517 posts, read 2,319,416 times
This is the woman from Alabama or "the backwoods" as rumandcoke would call it. Were you born in Georgia, and have you traveled your state much? If so, you would know that anyone from Georgia cannot call the state of Alabama backwoods. Visit South Georgia sometime. I think it is a beautiful rural part of your state, but you would call it backwoods. Also, visit part of North Georgia, and you will find the same. Not living in a large city does not make someone backwoods. Also, I live near Mobile, Alabama, one of the most important ports in the US, so I do not live in a backwoods area. Point Clear is home to many writers and artists that are famous. They would laugh at anyone from Atlanta assuming they are more cultured than we are. However, I don't care if you wear your pearls constantly. What is irritating is the fact that you constantly have to talk about your social standing as if you are better than the other posters on here. You are one of the reasons other parts of the country don't take Southerners seriously. Maybe you are trying to be funny, but it just sounds fake and condescending.

Old 06-26-2010, 08:50 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
The bolded parts are where you have bragged about your social status and money. Old southern money NEVER calls attention to itself in any way.
These posts are gauche and nouveau riche, they sound like something one of the Real Housewives of Atlanta would say.
A TRUE southern lady would never call herself rumandcoke either, thats a dead giveaway of a poseur.
The other, unbolded parts are just downright amusing.
Eh, she lost me at "Revlon."

Old 06-26-2010, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Eh, she lost me at "Revlon."
LMAO!!!!!!
But of course, anyone of that social status wouldnt be caught dead wearing anything cheaper than Chanel, Dior, or any of the uber-expensive cosmetic lines!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty