U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 06:08 PM

2 posts, read 22,328 times

Advertisements

I wanted to know if there are any other men out there who enjoy wearing leggings? For the record, I am not gay and I am not a crossdresser, but I do wear leggings, only around the house though and to my yoga classes. Also and for the record, I am married and my wife is totally cool with it. I just feel comfortable in leggings. I can't completely explain it, but I wish more men would openly wear them. Put it this way, I don't experience any bad stares in yoga class and I have a slim / athletic body.

Any other men here dare to admit they do the same? It really shouldn't be anything to be ashamed of!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 08:50 PM

4,193 posts, read 4,496,490 times
It's OK as long as you shave your legs. When the leggings rub against leg hair, it can get a little uncomfortable.

What type of leggings are you talking about? Are they like spandex pants?

I can't say I've ever done this, or had any desire to. I'd much rather wear shorts.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:36 PM

2 posts, read 22,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
It's OK as long as you shave your legs. When the leggings rub against leg hair, it can get a little uncomfortable.

What type of leggings are you talking about? Are they like spandex pants?

I can't say I've ever done this, or had any desire to. I'd much rather wear shorts.
I have never been one for shorts. I wear the cotton spandex but plain type leggings (black). They are very comfortable, great for yoga too. I can't see why such clothing is taboo for men. As for hairy legs, I'll spare you the details but I don't really have that hairy legs lol.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:50 PM

12,126 posts, read 14,246,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mps5031 View Post
I can't completely explain it, but I wish more men would openly wear them.
Okay... I get that YOU like them, and that's fine.
But, why are you wishing more men would openly wear them? Especially since you don't even do that...

It'll be like the Speedos thread....
the only ones wearing them will be the precise ones who shouldn't.

Old 06-04-2010, 05:48 AM

255 posts, read 578,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mps5031 View Post
I wanted to know if there are any other men out there who enjoy wearing leggings? For the record, I am not gay and I am not a crossdresser, but I do wear leggings, only around the house though and to my yoga classes. Also and for the record, I am married and my wife is totally cool with it. I just feel comfortable in leggings. I can't completely explain it, but I wish more men would openly wear them. Put it this way, I don't experience any bad stares in yoga class and I have a slim / athletic body.

Any other men here dare to admit they do the same? It really shouldn't be anything to be ashamed of!

I don't see anything wrong with wearing leggings for what ever reason, I do agree that the person that we would mostly see is a person that shouldn't be wearing them...

I don't wear leggings I don't really have a purpose to. If I was into yoga or going to the gym to work out much as what you do I would. Now I do wearing pantyhose. I have vericose veins, I deal with restless legs, and in the past have battled fatigue in my legs. Wearing pantyhose helps me to relieve these issues. There are alot of men that wear support pantyhose by doctors directions.

Openly!? I do wear them openly. With shorts, jeans, slacks. Profile photo was take at Tampa International Airport. Do I care what other people think?! No, I live my live how I want to, I dress appropriately.

I'm happly Married, no children, and my wife is very supportive. I'm not a crossdresser either. We must be confident in who we are to no let the world rule our lives. Don't worry about other people, just be happy!

Old 06-04-2010, 09:43 AM

18,113 posts, read 15,621,234 times
I confess I have never seen a man in leggings that wasn't wearing spandex ones for competitive running/biking races, or else part of a Shakespearean acting troupe at a renaissance festival.

Old 06-04-2010, 12:16 PM

2,653 posts, read 2,711,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I confess I have never seen a man in leggings that wasn't wearing spandex ones for competitive running/biking races, or else part of a Shakespearean acting troupe at a renaissance festival.
Me either, Tabula. I wouldn't look twice at an handsome guy in leggings. I guess it's like wearing my exh's shirt to clean the house.

Old 07-27-2010, 09:07 PM

1 posts, read 10,803 times
I am a man who dresses like a woman and goes out in public so don't sweat...... I am going in a month to go through sex change surgery so I can be a full woman

Old 07-28-2010, 05:19 PM

5,392 posts, read 4,561,532 times
Mantyhose?

I've worn leggings/nylons before. Keeps friction down so I don't get blisters on my feet after 10-12 hours+ of wearing combat boots. I just wore flesh-colored ones over my socks, and made sure that my socks were tight against my feet.

I would not, however, wear them for pleasure or any other reason.

Old 07-28-2010, 08:23 PM

1,283 posts, read 1,277,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
Mantyhose?

I've worn leggings/nylons before. Keeps friction down so I don't get blisters on my feet after 10-12 hours+ of wearing combat boots. I just wore flesh-colored ones over my socks, and made sure that my socks were tight against my feet.

I would not, however, wear them for pleasure or any other reason.
Mantyhose!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty