Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 07:22 PM

44 posts, read 98,713 times

Advertisements

Next month I plan on taking a trip to the northwestern part of Arkansas for a few days and would like to know some good places of interest. What re some good antique stores around say Bentonville and Fayetteville? I also want to do some camping and I've heard Devil's Den State park is a great place to do that. Are there a lot of good hiking trails there? I want to find some good places to hike in the Boston Mountains. Also what are some good restaurants in that area? Any help is much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2010, 06:39 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Yes, the square both Fayettevile and Bentonville can be fun, depending on what day of the week you are here. Also Pear Ridge, Beaver Lake, a few Art GAlleries, as well as the old Walton 5 and dime story (now the Walton Museum) place lots of other truely near things. I would suggest you visit the visitors center as soon as you arrive. There are almost too many places to list. We just had out of town company the last 2 days and were on the go the entire time.

Nita

Old 08-21-2010, 09:32 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,747,912 times
As for hiking in the Boston Mountains....well, there's just "too much to list", as the old garage sale ad saying goes.

Old 08-24-2010, 03:43 PM

44 posts, read 98,713 times
Thank you for your helpful replies! I plan on heading that way the second weekend of September. Where exactly is the visitor's center there?

Old 08-24-2010, 07:11 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant6 View Post
Thank you for your helpful replies! I plan on heading that way the second weekend of September. Where exactly is the visitor's center there?
There is one in on the Fayetteville square, one at Waltons dime store on the Bentonville square and probably the best is on highway 71, the southern tip of Bella Vista on the west side of the highway. It is a rest stop and they have all kinds of neat information about Benton co and Washington county for starters.

Nita

Old 08-25-2010, 07:57 AM

24 posts, read 64,417 times
Hiking along the Buffalo river and camping is good. I would personally ride a canoe down the river stop at a camping area and hike from there. Good times

Old 08-25-2010, 08:15 AM

24 posts, read 64,417 times
My ancestors lived along the Buffalo River before the government bought the land and turned it into a national park. There are Bald eagles, Elk, Deer and many, many more animals to see. The senery is beautiful...unlike any other place. If you hike the area around Jasper you can see the old farm places and one hiking trail will take you to the highest water fall west of the Mississippi. I am not sure if it will be running this time of year but it is well worth the hike. Devils Den area seems so ugly compared to the Buffalo River. Fall in the Ozarks.....Amazing.

Just looked up the name of the trails......Hemmed in Hollow has the water fall....and Big Bluff/ Goat Bluff trail

Last edited by denbev; 08-25-2010 at 08:27 AM..

Old 08-30-2010, 01:48 AM

1 posts, read 1,606 times
I'd recommend hitting up the Rose Antique Mall and Flea Market in Rogers (I think there are actually two of them now?) for some thrifting, as well as Helping Hands in Bentonville. There are plenty of places to visit in Fayetteville for that kind of thing as well, including the Fayetteville Trading Post, The Flying Dog, Precious Cargo, Potter's Thrift, etc.

Since I live in Fayetteville, I'll just recommend a couple of restaurants from there. Hugo's off of the downtown square is a good place to grab a bite to eat, as well as Petra Cafe and Kosmo's.

Old 08-31-2010, 01:43 PM

3 posts, read 15,328 times
Devil's Den State park is a good place to visit.

Old 09-05-2010, 04:52 PM

176 posts, read 419,807 times
The last time I was down the the Lodge wasn't open but you can still see one of the greatest views you can find anyplace at The Lodge On Whitney Mountain in Lost Bridge Village just outside of Garfield Ar. It is 720 feet above Beaver Lake and it is a butiful view worth going out of the way for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers