U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 08:23 PM

735 posts, read 506,679 times

Advertisements

I was being sarcastic. Nobody has any problems, at least I don't, with Latter Day Saints.

I know there are a lot of Mormons in NW Arkansas, and every Mormon I ever met has been very friendly.

I even took a tour of the Temple & Tabernacle in Salt Lake City about 10 years & got a free Book of Mormon. SLC & the Wasatch Range is a beautiful part of America. Didn't Joseph Smith say "This is the Place" of the Salt Lake area.

Sorry if I was misunderstood! Live & let live was my point, in a probably hard to understand sardonic way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
So who exactly is it that you hate?

a. People who are clean-cut and Mormons
b. People who are Mormons and ride bikes
c. Kids who are clean-cut
d. Kids who ride bikes
e. Mormon kids
f. All of the above

Arkansas sounds like a great place to live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2010, 10:47 PM

14,113 posts, read 10,066,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenoter View Post
I was being sarcastic. Nobody has any problems, at least I don't, with Latter Day Saints.

I know there are a lot of Mormons in NW Arkansas, and every Mormon I ever met has been very friendly.

I even took a tour of the Temple & Tabernacle in Salt Lake City about 10 years & got a free Book of Mormon. SLC & the Wasatch Range is a beautiful part of America. Didn't Joseph Smith say "This is the Place" of the Salt Lake area.

Sorry if I was misunderstood! Live & let live was my point, in a probably hard to understand sardonic way.
Wow! Am I ever embarrassed! I apologize!

One quick correction, though. Joseph Smith never lived to see Salt Lake City. It was his successor, Brigham Young, who said "This is the place!"

Old 09-28-2010, 11:12 PM

Thanks for correcting me.

Was Napoleon Dynamite a Mormon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Wow! Am I ever embarrassed! I apologize!

One quick correction, though. Joseph Smith never lived to see Salt Lake City. It was his successor, Brigham Young, who said "This is the place!"

Old 09-28-2010, 11:48 PM

14,113 posts, read 10,066,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenoter View Post
Was Napoleon Dynamite a Mormon?
Yes, the director, Jared Hess, and the title character, Jon Heder, are both LDS. They were BYU students, I believe, at the time they made the movie.

Old 11-10-2010, 02:50 PM

6 posts, read 6,214 times
Default Mosque

It is just like Bella Vista to oppose anyone who wants to practice the Islamic religion or wants to build a Mosque. I have noticed that these people are extremely predjudice. If anyone stands up for their constitutional rights, the majority will oppose you and you will be an outcast. It is a disgrace to our great Country - the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA - "with libery and justice for ALL" not just a select few.

Old 11-10-2010, 03:27 PM

50,021 posts, read 42,368,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose53 View Post
It is just like Bella Vista to oppose anyone who wants to practice the Islamic religion or wants to build a Mosque. I have noticed that these people are extremely predjudice. If anyone stands up for their constitutional rights, the majority will oppose you and you will be an outcast. It is a disgrace to our great Country - the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA - "with libery and justice for ALL" not just a select few.
The city council isn't going to ban anything like that. There are a couple of nuts who are always wanting to make a point, they want to be heard. The city council gave them their 10 minutes about a month ago. It is over. My hair dresser is a Muslem and she works here in BV. She would agrue with you on people in our area. She is one of the most popular hair dressers in her shop.

By the way, I don't think you can find many places in our country that are more patrotic than NWA period, including BV.
Wonder what makes you so bitter about living here???
NIta

Old 11-10-2010, 03:53 PM

2,185 posts, read 1,747,820 times
I hope mosques will outnumber all the Christian churches in 5 years time. sharia law shouldn't be banned either.

Old 11-10-2010, 07:10 PM

I hope all your wildest dreams come true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake77 View Post
I hope mosques will outnumber all the Christian churches in 5 years time. sharia law shouldn't be banned either.

Old 11-10-2010, 08:55 PM

243 posts, read 152,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake77 View Post
Yes. That sounds great speaking as a Christian I personally can't wait to be persecuted. We can be the Iran of the west. I've heard it's already like that in Britain.

Old 11-10-2010, 10:13 PM

2,185 posts, read 1,747,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellwater View Post
Yes. That sounds great speaking as a Christian I personally can't wait to be persecuted. We can be the Iran of the west. I've heard it's already like that in Britain.

What are you talking about? Islam is a religion of peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers