Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 04:27 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonsglow13 View Post
I have been watching the market for almost a year now, not just in Bella Vista, but other areas in NWA, Benton County. The real estate alerts I receive show more homes in Bella Vista and Rogers have gone through Fannie Mae or HUD than, what appears, to me, in other areas.

I don't know what gave you the impression that I do not live here. I have lived here for 5 years. Had I known the then what I know know, I know I would not have moved here. I have learned a lesson - know both, the pros and cons of the area, then determine if you want to move to that area. This is just my opinion, as we are all entitled to.

I have been involved in some of the things here also, some I agreed with, some, well, I don't think so.

I noticed that you had mentioned, several times, the "mil homes". Well, you know, it doesn't matter if a person lives in a home that is 2 mil or a home that is 2 dollars, we all need to be treated equally and with the same respect. I personally find that many people who throw the "dollar" figure around are those that look down on the less fortunate. Something I do not agree with.

As for the sewer system, I never said that I disagreed with having to pay for it. I just made a comment. I had a septic system the majority of my life, no problem, as long as it is taken care of properly and replaced when need be.

Anyway, as I plan my retirement, I am looking to move to an area more open and, again, just my opinion, more accepting of others. An area similar to the one I came from, true country living.
I hope you find what you are looking for when you are ready to retire. No place is perfect for everyone, I just have a problem when people seem to be attacking anything (regardless of what it is) when they don't really know what they are talking about or only have 1/2 the story. We can all look at stories, studies, charts and form opinions. Normally these opinions are not terribly accurate.

Nita

Old 12-18-2010, 05:08 AM

18 posts, read 39,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I hope you find what you are looking for when you are ready to retire. No place is perfect for everyone, I just have a problem when people seem to be attacking anything (regardless of what it is) when they don't really know what they are talking about or only have 1/2 the story. We can all look at stories, studies, charts and form opinions. Normally these opinions are not terribly accurate.

Nita
Yes, I know what you mean by getting only half the story and I believe that people need to just keep an open mind. Sometimes what appears to be 1/2 the story to one person, is really all the story to another. Alot depends on our beliefs, how we were raised, the environment we were raised in, society, etc. There are many influences in our lives, as we grow older we learn more, some in on way, others in another way and we tend to base many of our opinions on these factors. I agree with studies, charts, polls, etc not being totally accurate, hence another reason to keep an open mind. If we just have faith, trust and believe then we will be led in the right direction - the direction that is right for us at the time.l

Old 12-18-2010, 08:43 AM

731 posts, read 1,367,152 times
Bella Vista POA dues won't increase at all without an enormous fight. I can't see them increasing anytime soon.

I've heard as the US economy improves, Bella Vista and NW Arkansas's population will grow exponentially.

Old 12-18-2010, 08:55 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenoter View Post
Bella Vista POA dues won't increase at all without an enormous fight. I can't see them increasing anytime soon.

I've heard as the US economy improves, Bella Vista and NW Arkansas's population will grow exponentially.
You are about right on the dues. The possible increase was mentioned once, that was about a year or so ago, everyone went into orbit over this. More and more people are moving in that are not golfers and they do not want to pay a flat fee so golfers can enjoy unlimited tee times. I can see a slight increase, like $5.00 or so, but that would be the limit right now.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers