U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-07-2011, 02:21 PM

1 posts, read 1,580 times

Advertisements

Hello-

My family and I are re-locating to Bentonville, AR in April 2011. While we've found a house and are fine in that respect, I'm having a hard time finding a day camp for my 5 year old son. He will be attending Apple Glen Elementary School (any advice about that vs. RE Baker is much appreciated!) but I need to find day care or some activities for him from May to the beginning of the school year. It is also important that the day camp has no religious affiliations or connotations. This is an absolute must. Any advice is GREATLY appreciated!!! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2011, 02:32 AM

1,236 posts, read 2,391,939 times
You'll have difficulty finding something non-religious around here....
Do you need daycare (ie the full 8am-6pm type thing), or just some activities for him? If you need full daycare, then looking on craigslist for a home-based daycare is probably your best option for truly non-religious. There are private daycare centers, but while not all are officially affiliated with a church, most will have religious overtones, pray at times and such. If the latter, Gymboree in Bentonville and the Little Gym in Rogers both run week long camps, but they are usually only 9am-1pm or similar.

Old 03-08-2011, 05:52 AM

3,350 posts, read 3,355,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kclay1970 View Post
It is also important that the day camp has no religious affiliations or connotations. This is an absolute must.
Although possible, I trust you are aware you have chosen to move to the Bible Belt.

Old 03-08-2011, 10:43 AM

49,548 posts, read 41,487,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kclay1970 View Post
Hello-

My family and I are re-locating to Bentonville, AR in April 2011. While we've found a house and are fine in that respect, I'm having a hard time finding a day camp for my 5 year old son. He will be attending Apple Glen Elementary School (any advice about that vs. RE Baker is much appreciated!) but I need to find day care or some activities for him from May to the beginning of the school year. It is also important that the day camp has no religious affiliations or connotations. This is an absolute must. Any advice is GREATLY appreciated!!! Thanks!
I think the idea of a private home might suit you the best, even then there could be some religious overtones. Living in AR it is going to be very difficult to escape religion altogether. This certainly will not be impossible, it will just not be an easy task. You might find some that have so little religious teachings or elements that it will not affect him at all.

Nita

Old 03-09-2011, 06:11 AM

584 posts, read 738,044 times
A google search produced this: Childcare Services in Bentonville, AR on Yahoo! Local

If you are just looking for *child care* hiring a college student to come to your home might be a possibility. The semester at UofA in F'ville ends early May.

Old 03-09-2011, 09:34 AM

42 posts, read 68,344 times
I don't know if this might be an option for you or not, but sometimes the local karate and taekwondo schools offer summer camps. When my son was young and taking karate, his school offered one. Just a suggestion.

Old 03-18-2011, 12:15 PM

7 posts, read 12,826 times
Thanks for the info, (this is Mr. kclay70), he does take karate lessons already.

For those interested, we found out that the gym facilities at WM HQ have a daycare program that sounds awesome. Of course, you have to be an employee at WM, but it sounds like that's about 1/2 of Bentonville!

Old 07-19-2011, 05:23 PM

7 posts, read 12,826 times
Default Update

Greetings...

We just wanted to update this post, now that we have been living in Bentonville for the past 3 months, both working at WM, and settled in.

If anyone is interested in a great pre-school that is not religiously affiliated, Pinecrest was fantastic and amazingly accomodating. Our son loved it there.

He now goes to the summer camp at the WM Fitness Center, which is again fantastic. The kids get to swim every day, are fed lunch, and are well taken care of.

Happy to answer any other questions for people who are moving or considering a move here.

Old 07-19-2011, 08:04 PM

49,548 posts, read 41,487,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimandJeffC View Post
Greetings...

We just wanted to update this post, now that we have been living in Bentonville for the past 3 months, both working at WM, and settled in.

If anyone is interested in a great pre-school that is not religiously affiliated, Pinecrest was fantastic and amazingly accomodating. Our son loved it there.

He now goes to the summer camp at the WM Fitness Center, which is again fantastic. The kids get to swim every day, are fed lunch, and are well taken care of.

Happy to answer any other questions for people who are moving or considering a move here.
It is always great to have updates when people do get settled in. I am glad you found something that your little boy is happy with and meets your requirements as well.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers