Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 04:53 PM

6 posts, read 18,111 times

Advertisements

The other and it is demoninational but would probably be something to consider would be St Pauls Episcopal in Fayetterville.

By intellectual, I do not mean liberal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2011, 07:03 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karson View Post
The other and it is demoninational but would probably be something to consider would be St Pauls Episcopal in Fayetterville.

By intellectual, I do not mean liberal.
Yes, I see that now, St Pauls might be a very good match. I would never think of intellectual meaning liberal or visa versa.

As for her/him, I should have said her/him.

Nita

Old 04-26-2011, 07:47 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,159,641 times
The people who have responded here are genuinely trying to help you. It's possible that the way you posed your question (as well as your subsequent responses) is making it difficult to respond in a way you find useful. In the same way as cities, large churches are more likely to have a cross-section of society, including what you'd consider "intellectuals."

Old 04-27-2011, 09:46 AM

602 posts, read 1,515,731 times
karson~

My very first thought was to suggest St. Paul's. Then I read "nondemoninational." Trust me, there are some very conservative folks that attend St. Paul's.

Perhaps you could provide a list of churches you have already attended? Are you looking for a large congregation (500 range) or smaller-type church?

Old 04-27-2011, 10:30 AM

730 posts, read 2,253,890 times
My first thought was St. Paul's as well. As a member, I would agree there are just as many conservatives as their are liberals at our church- this is why I love it.

Old 04-27-2011, 09:23 PM

6 posts, read 18,111 times
Kimballete, sorry if I gave the impression that I didn't think people were trying to help me. This thread has been very helpful. I was trying to help winnow things down and make what I'm seeking out more clear.

That is interesting about St. Paul's. That had not been my impression of it.

Does anyone here go to FBC or New Heights Church? What are they like?

Old 04-28-2011, 09:10 AM

3,325 posts, read 3,169,321 times
I like the methodists. Try either a methodist or luthern church. It's hard to go wrong with either of them.

Old 04-28-2011, 12:19 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
I like the methodists. Try either a methodist or luthern church. It's hard to go wrong with either of them.
I would agree with you for my own personal church (we are Lutheran, used to be Episcopal) but the OP is looking for something a littlel more liberal, or much more liberal. He thinks liberals are more intellectual and intellectuals are liberals or that is how he words it.

Nita

Old 04-28-2011, 12:55 PM

529 posts, read 1,650,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I would agree with you for my own personal church (we are Lutheran, used to be Episcopal) but the OP is looking for something a littlel more liberal, or much more liberal. He thinks liberals are more intellectual and intellectuals are liberals or that is how he words it.
The OP stated "By intellectual, I do not mean liberal". How are you reading that the OP is looking for a liberal church? I took the OP as looking for a church that is a little deeper in their teachings, one that possibly goes beyond the typical sunday bible school lessons.

The Sunday services at some of the larger churches may not be what the OP is looking for but I would think one of the larger churches in the area would at least offer some sort of classes that the OP would be interested in. I would not write off any of the churches listed so far just because they are part of a certain denomination.

Old 04-28-2011, 01:00 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,944,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post

Nita
I think he said "by intellectual I do NOT mean liberal". I think you may have misread his post. Other than that I can't help him. First you would have to define what an intellectual is and second it would have to be nondenominational.

An easier task would be, which churches are more affluent and have more educated congregation, which does not necessarily mean "intellectual". It would seem that he does not want a church that follows creationism. That would narrow the field a little more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers