Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 05:46 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,808,352 times

Advertisements

Just got back from Fayetteville after taking my daughter to freshman orientation. Very impressed with the orientation staff, bent over backwards to inform us parents and build a sense of trust. My first visit to the campus and overall impression was fantastic. Feel she has made the right decision.

Please recommend churches in the area with strong student involvement. She would best fit into a non-denominational church though a denomination that fits the following criteria would be great as well. Strong biblical teaching focusing on the cross and grace (not into legalism) and a passionate worship experience. Strong missions minded church.

Any suggestions? We are from the Dallas area and don't have any connections there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2011, 05:25 PM

No takers on this at all? Was really hoping for some good info....

Old 06-13-2011, 05:49 PM

529 posts, read 1,646,353 times
University Baptist maybe....but you said non-denominational so I'm not sure. The Grove may be one. I think they are non-denominational.

Old 06-13-2011, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelw View Post
University Baptist maybe....but you said non-denominational so I'm not sure. The Grove may be one. I think they are non-denominational.
We are not anti Baptist at all, thanks for the info!

Old 06-20-2011, 01:16 PM

32 posts, read 104,490 times
Try this one:

The Church at Arkansas / Church At Ark / Home

Old 01-03-2012, 02:26 PM

Thought I would drop back in and say she found a great church that she loves. New Heights.

New Heights Church

Can I brag on her a little? She made a 4.0 her first semester, LOVES U of Arkansas, Loves Fayetteville, loves being a Razorback. Almost winning this old Georgia native to pull for them. Well, not entirely, lol.

Old 01-04-2012, 06:36 AM

602 posts, read 1,511,109 times
It's nice when folks come back for a "follow-up".

Sounds like your daughter has made the adjustment very well. 4.0!! That's awesome. I was never able to pull one of those off in my undergrad

Old 01-04-2012, 07:49 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,313,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
Thought I would drop back in and say she found a great church that she loves. New Heights.

New Heights Church

Can I brag on her a little? She made a 4.0 her first semester, LOVES U of Arkansas, Loves Fayetteville, loves being a Razorback. Almost winning this old Georgia native to pull for them. Well, not entirely, lol.
thanks for the update. It is always great to hear back from people. So often they just post and run..You should be proud of her. Our granddauther 7 years ago was just like your daughter and from the Dallas area I will add. She fell in love with AR, did very well, convinced us to look at retiring here, we became Ravorback fans just like her and now, not only is she happily married, living just south of Fayetteville, her parents just sold their home and will be moving to Bella Vista in Feb. 10 years ago we would have laughed if someone suggested we might like AR and might think of living here..

Nita

Old 01-04-2012, 08:13 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,804,012 times
I recommend this one.

University Baptist Church | University Baptist Church Fayetteville, AR

Old 01-04-2012, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
thanks for the update. It is always great to hear back from people. So often they just post and run..You should be proud of her. Our granddauther 7 years ago was just like your daughter and from the Dallas area I will add. She fell in love with AR, did very well, convinced us to look at retiring here, we became Ravorback fans just like her and now, not only is she happily married, living just south of Fayetteville, her parents just sold their home and will be moving to Bella Vista in Feb. 10 years ago we would have laughed if someone suggested we might like AR and might think of living here..

Nita
If she convinces her younger brother to come up there (currently 10th grade) I would seriously consider relocating. That area reminds me so much more of Georgia than TX.... the scenery, the trees, the houses, the people... I think I could be really happy there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers