Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 08:11 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cary Samara View Post
Nita... thanks for replying.... Would you "poll" your family to ask them ....
which place has the more tolerable [overall "feel"] summers [on average] ????????? NOT to consider unusual or record breaking years such as we are having this year in OKC.... I have studied the weather stats [temps,humidity, wind,sunshine] intricately..... But personal experience living in both places is a far better judge....
I am convinced that NWA has more tolerable winters due to lower wind speeds....
Remember, they haven't moved here yet, but talking to them and knowing they have visited NWA during every time of the year, I know they like the climate better in NWA. The wind is something to think about and the trees here help to cut down on the discomfort of the wind as well.

I think, beauty wise you see the wonderful color changes and feel of each season more in NWA.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2011, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debzkidz View Post
I'm a fellow Edmondite who is also considering retiring in Fayetteville. We have a son who's at UofA now and we have fallen in love with the town. As far as weather goes, actually in winter it's usually a bit colder in Fayetteville than Edmond. Fayetteville is slightly further north and at a higher elevation. In winters, its seems that it usually is a few degrees (like maybe 5) colder than it is here. I know they got more snow this past winter than we did. I think they actually cancelled classes at the university for something like 9-10 days. The spring was cooler than ours, even though we had a cool spring (hard to imagine now). Every time I spoke to our son, he was complaining that it was still cold.

As far as summer, I think temps tend to be slightly lower in Fayetteville, but I don't think it's enough to notice, but it feels much more humid there. And maybe part of it is because they don't seem to get the wind we do.

But really, overall I love the weather in Fayetteville. The springs and falls are absolutely glorious!

We love the feel and vibe of Fayetteville. It is its own town, not a a glorified suburb like Edmond. We love the funkiness of Fayetteville. It's so eclectic. And the students give it a young hip vibe. One thing we like about Arkansas too is that people 65 and over can attend state university for free. I love the idea of being able to take a class or two.

We have actually talked to a couple of real estate agents there. We were considering buying a home there, somewhere in the older part of town, not out by the mall (that feels too much like Edmond) and leasing it out until we were ready to retire. Both these agents promised to keep a look out and let us know if anything good came on the market. This was back during football season last year, but we've never heard from either of them. I guess they didn't take us seriously.
Certainly the temps in NWA are lower both winter and summer than OKC area, but I am not sure it is more noticable because of the winds.

Nita

Old 07-16-2011, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerotive View Post
Presumably liberals, centrists, fascists, communists, libertarians, apolitical people, etc are not "trained right"?
Of course my comments were pretty much tongue in cheek..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers