Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2011, 07:19 PM

1 posts, read 3,505 times

Advertisements

Hello. I know a little about the area. I went to UA-Fayetteville in the late '80s and early '90s. However, I have only been back for short visits with my parents in Bella Vista so I need more info as we are looking to move the kids closer to their grandpa. I know more younger families are settling in BV and it even has a grade school now, but is it really the best place in NW Arkansas for kids? It's Bentonville school district, which ranks #30 on Schooldigger.com above Rogers (#52), Fayetteville (#107), and Springdale (#140). We want to settle someplace that still has a small town feel, good schools, and younger families. (I'm over 40, but my kids are 7 & 9.) Thanks for any help!

Old 08-11-2011, 07:34 PM

1,279 posts, read 4,756,712 times
I would probably choose Bentonville proper for a young family rather than Bellavista- you'd still be close to Bellavista's nature trails, but closer to schools, playgrounds, and mlore likely to have other young kids in the neighbourhood. Bellavista is "getting younger", but is still largely an older/ retirement community.

Old 08-12-2011, 05:44 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,218,944 times
Penguin is almost right, but not quite. Yes, it is still an older comunity but I think people might be surprised to know how many younger families are moving in. If you stay on the east side of 71 you will be in Bnetonville schools (it sounds like you already know that) The elementary school which only goes through 4th grade I think has almost a 1000 kids and the kindergarten has been full, with a wait list since March or April. A new school will be built near the Highlands probably in the next 2 years (the land and sign are already up) and there is talk about a 3rd school, which woiuld be on the east side. Of course Bentonville has more families. If it were me, I would look at both and maybe Centerville. Our granddaughter and her husband will be re-locating if her parents do. They are thinking Centerville.

Nita

Old 08-12-2011, 08:17 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,743,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Penguin is almost right, but not quite. Yes, it is still an older comunity but I think people might be surprised to know how many younger families are moving in. If you stay on the east side of 71 you will be in Bnetonville schools (it sounds like you already know that) The elementary school which only goes through 4th grade I think has almost a 1000 kids and the kindergarten has been full, with a wait list since March or April. A new school will be built near the Highlands probably in the next 2 years (the land and sign are already up) and there is talk about a 3rd school, which woiuld be on the east side. Of course Bentonville has more families. If it were me, I would look at both and maybe Centerville. Our granddaughter and her husband will be re-locating if her parents do. They are thinking Centerville.

Nita
Did you mean Centerton?

Old 08-12-2011, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Did you mean Centerton?
I did, silly me.

Nita

Old 09-27-2011, 05:13 PM

18 posts, read 39,186 times
Default Bella Vista, Arkansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenZP View Post
Hello. I know a little about the area. I went to UA-Fayetteville in the late '80s and early '90s. However, I have only been back for short visits with my parents in Bella Vista so I need more info as we are looking to move the kids closer to their grandpa. I know more younger families are settling in BV and it even has a grade school now, but is it really the best place in NW Arkansas for kids? It's Bentonville school district, which ranks #30 on Schooldigger.com above Rogers (#52), Fayetteville (#107), and Springdale (#140). We want to settle someplace that still has a small town feel, good schools, and younger families. (I'm over 40, but my kids are 7 & 9.) Thanks for any help!
I know this is late responding, however, I would like to mention that there is not alot to do here for the kids. You would have to travel to Bentonville or other surrounding area. There are beautiful places in Bentonville, country settings. Please look at all areas. Kids are very important. It was suggested to the POA to make Bella Vista more kid friendly, but there was no response given.

Old 09-27-2011, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonsglow13 View Post
I know this is late responding, however, I would like to mention that there is not alot to do here for the kids. You would have to travel to Bentonville or other surrounding area. There are beautiful places in Bentonville, country settings. Please look at all areas. Kids are very important. It was suggested to the POA to make Bella Vista more kid friendly, but there was no response given.
I don't know what your problem is with Bella Vista, but you certainly have one and you don't seem to be aware of what really is going on right now. Yes, I agree, Bentonville is more family friendly but when you say POA has closed their ears to family friendly suggestions, you obviously do not attend the meetings nor do you know about the future planning committee that is actively involved in the future on Bella Vista...There are plans for a new elementary school on the west side and probably an additional one on the east side, the activities at Cooper elementary are on going, the summer life at the parks are constant, complete with swimming, tennis, picnics, day camp, etc. Every church has activities for kids, a different activity each wekk and it isn't open to just members, nor is there a push for families to joint the churches. Blowing springs has family activities contstantly during the summer months. If golf is discontinued at Branchwood, the center will. most likely be turned into a family activities center. So what more do you think is needed? No, the POA, is not geared to exclude families.

Nita

Old 09-28-2011, 04:42 PM

18 posts, read 39,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I don't know what your problem is with Bella Vista, but you certainly have one and you don't seem to be aware of what really is going on right now. Yes, I agree, Bentonville is more family friendly but when you say POA has closed their ears to family friendly suggestions, you obviously do not attend the meetings nor do you know about the future planning committee that is actively involved in the future on Bella Vista...There are plans for a new elementary school on the west side and probably an additional one on the east side, the activities at Cooper elementary are on going, the summer life at the parks are constant, complete with swimming, tennis, picnics, day camp, etc. Every church has activities for kids, a different activity each wekk and it isn't open to just members, nor is there a push for families to joint the churches. Blowing springs has family activities contstantly during the summer months. If golf is discontinued at Branchwood, the center will. most likely be turned into a family activities center. So what more do you think is needed? No, the POA, is not geared to exclude families.

Nita
I don't have a real problem with them, I am giving my opinion. I am going also on emails I recieved from the POA when I asked about what is there for the kids. Not a very good response. I did not know about the day camp. I was inquiring about parks and recreation for kids. There just isn't that much. In my opinion. Bentonville and surrounding areas just seem to have more for children to do. I know they have miniture golf, or at least they used to, only a 9 hole, they do not advertise these things, and it was suggested that they do more for the kids. As for Branchwood it was suggested that they turn this into something for the kids, but no response was ever recieved, so it appears that it is not determined yet. So, you may be able to see that because the POA does not spend much time providing information about activities for children, that it appears this place is not kid friendly. You sound very angry in your response. So sorry if a nerve was struck. Family activities are wonderful, but what about just the kids???? Kids are a very important part of our lives, and they need to feel that they have something for them. What about the teens? When any type of band comes to Bella Vista, it is geared toward the older folks. I just have a different opinion.

Old 09-28-2011, 04:50 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,743,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonsglow13 View Post
I don't have a real problem with them, I am giving my opinion. I am going also on emails I recieved from the POA when I asked about what is there for the kids. Not a very good response. I did not know about the day camp. I was inquiring about parks and recreation for kids. There just isn't that much. In my opinion. Bentonville and surrounding areas just seem to have more for children to do. I know they have miniture golf, or at least they used to, only a 9 hole, they do not advertise these things, and it was suggested that they do more for the kids. As for Branchwood it was suggested that they turn this into something for the kids, but no response was ever recieved, so it appears that it is not determined yet. So, you may be able to see that because the POA does not spend much time providing information about activities for children, that it appears this place is not kid friendly. You sound very angry in your response. So sorry if a nerve was struck. Family activities are wonderful, but what about just the kids???? Kids are a very important part of our lives, and they need to feel that they have something for them. What about the teens? When any type of band comes to Bella Vista, it is geared toward the older folks. I just have a different opinion.
You don't think the parks, trails and pools are open to kids? I've seen a lot of teens playing golf, and out on the lakes as well. I have several nieces and nephews who've been raised in Bella Vista, and have had plenty of activities, but those activities aren't offered by the POA. So if you write the POA, it's not going to be a good source, children's activities simply are not its purview.

Bentonville does have some wonderful parks, and lots of activities, too, as do many of the area communities.

Old 09-28-2011, 05:52 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,844,598 times
Bella Vista probably has the best junior tennis program in NWA with great courts and coaching for kids.

The NWA Lightning soccer complex by Cooper Elementary and Lake Bella Vista rivals anything in the DFW area. They must have over 20 soccer fields.

I won't mention all the golf courses.

As more younger folks move into Bella Vista, the multiplier effect will kick in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers