Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 06:40 PM

5,981 posts, read 18,271,623 times

Advertisements

If you're coming from Las Vegas, I wouldn't worry about the crime. I doubt the two areas could be compared.

I don't consider Ft. Smith NWA...maybe the beginnings, but not enough to count. It's more like Oklahoma to me. There are some folks who live in Ft. Smith on this board....they should answer soon.

What will be bringing you here other than love???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2007, 08:21 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooxie View Post
I have to make a decision to move or not to Fort Smith from the Las Vegas area. My Love lives in FS. Is Fort SMith considered NW Arkansas? I visited a week ago briefly and I'm not impressed, the town seems very run down. Even the mall looks run down. I want to rent a house, but I don't see much listed. I would like to be in a upper income area, maybe Fianna Hills? Any advice? The poverty, crime rate stats scare me. Any warnings?
coming from Vegas, you are worried about crime? Believe me, Ft Smith doesn't have 1/2 the crime there is in Las Vegas.

Run down, well, we got the same impression to a degree, but think about the older sections of Vegas. Remember Las Vegas has blossomed in the past 10 years, before that it had nothing to offer. What does your true love say and what will you do for a living? There are lots of things to consider.

Nita

Old 08-25-2007, 12:01 AM

6 posts, read 26,397 times
Thanks Nita

Just Love!

Old 08-26-2007, 11:43 AM

1 posts, read 2,882 times
Default Mountain Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainer1967 View Post
I have a 13 yr old and an 11 year old. Our company wants us to relocate there, but we have other cities to consider. I would like to find lake front home or at least close to one. and send my kids to a good school. My daughter would like to continue with gymnastics. My son plays all sports. We all love water sports.
I just bought property 20 minutes west of Mountain home
8 acres raw near the Bull Sholas Lake I am not sure what to do with it
according to the entire research I have done The education system is really good the colleges are affordable- You should have something entreprenureal in mind or be in health care somehow for instant employment
Mountain Hiome looked like it was bordering on mall sprawl and so I decided to be away form it considering it spreads I hope that i made the right decsion
You can email me back- You can maybe put a mobile there for temporary and
I do not see anyone around this land but is 7 minutes froms seeing humans

Old 08-26-2007, 04:19 PM

Well I have only lived in this area 5 months. You wouldn't even know your 10 miles from the strip. He is worried that I don't know anyone there, but I ddin't know anyone here except my daughter and now I have lots of friends. I have my own home based business. Moderator cut: no advertising specific businesses, please
I talked to a homeowner that has 2 duplexes for rent, one in Fianna Hills off x13..Broken Hill
the other in the "Park Hill" area. Southend N & 21st. I wish I could find somewhere decent to stay for a week or two to look around some more before I make the final decision. The only extended inn will be about $800 a week. Thanks for your help!

Last edited by Sam I Am; 08-26-2007 at 06:10 PM..

Old 08-26-2007, 07:06 PM

2 posts, read 5,774 times
[quote=Lillith;1362822]NW Arkansas is great for young families; I highly recommend the area for that demographic group. But, if you are liberal, and like to meet people, you are out of luck. The lake is nice, if you don't mind the crowds, ticks and hicks. I can't wait to get out of here. Not much to do, except church and sports. NWA is an oasis for young conservative families; downside is that the schools are just 'okay', and the youngsters will get no cultural education at all.

Old 08-26-2007, 07:26 PM

2 posts, read 5,774 times
I grew up in the Texas Gulf Coast region, where mosquitos were rampant. By comparison, NWA has been not too bad until this year (more rain). Ticks, on the other hand, are horrible! Big ticks, little ticks, spotted ticks, dog ticks, deer ticks, etc.... Spray well. And don't stick your hand into any dark places w/o checking first. Brown Recluse and Black Widows abound. You just need to be careful. Watch for snakes, too. There are plenty of good snakes, and lots of bad ones, too. Copperheads!!!! But, as far as roaches go, I think the really big roaches like the Gulf Coast better, more trash. My dogs seem to eat most of the cecadas. Yum.

Old 08-26-2007, 07:28 PM

Thanks alot

Old 08-26-2007, 09:04 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
[quote=Lillith;1362869]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillith View Post
NW Arkansas is great for young families; I highly recommend the area for that demographic group. But, if you are liberal, and like to meet people, you are out of luck. The lake is nice, if you don't mind the crowds, ticks and hicks. I can't wait to get out of here. Not much to do, except church and sports. NWA is an oasis for young conservative families; downside is that the schools are just 'okay', and the youngsters will get no cultural education at all.
What part of NWA are you referring to? The schools in the Bentonville area are great, Fayetteville is certainly not that conservative and there is a lot more to the area than church and sports....

NIta

Old 08-30-2007, 10:26 AM

18 posts, read 162,243 times
well, the decision has been made to head to Arkansas. Since I wont be there untll next year, I should have plenty of time to do more research on schools and towns. How about Siloam springs? Can anyone give an opinion on the schools there or the price of property?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers