U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-26-2011, 09:35 PM

34 posts, read 71,253 times

Advertisements

My husband and I have been trying to get back to Arkansas this year. He had applied for a job in NWA back in the summer, but the position turned out to be filled before he applied. The company just called him this month about another job. After two successful phone interviews he has a face to face interview in January! We are both very excited. We are both ready to buy a home in NWA, but we want to rent first to get a better idea of what area we want to settle in.

We think that coming from Houston, TX that Fayetteville would be a nice balance for us. My husband has a concern about living in Fayetteville though. He is worried we might be too old for the area? We will both be 29 this coming year. We don't have any kids, but are thinking we might like to start a family in a few more years. I have family that lives in Rogers, AR out by the lake. I really like that area, but I feel like it is a little far from amenities. I think we are spoiled in being about to walk to the market or to grab a bite to eat! My husband said he just doesn't want to feel like he's in a frat house if we go out for a drink somewhere. lol

I am very interested to see what Bentonville will be like in the next 10 years though. With the Crystal Springs museum and the new boutique hotel they will be opening I wonder if more exciting things will be coming to the area. Do you think Bentonville has potential for growth?

My last question is, do you know if there are places (townhomes, apts, house) that have month to month rent options?

Any opinions are appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2011, 09:38 PM

5,248 posts, read 4,570,633 times
Fayetteville has a University but unless you live on Dickson Street it's not a party town. A great mix of age, culture, and you'll fit in and do just fine. Good luck!

Old 12-27-2011, 09:55 AM

50,031 posts, read 42,368,204 times
I agree with Jim, yes, the university is there, but it isn't the whole city. The only time you feel the vibs are on Dickson street (and not always then) and during football game weekends.

There are some awesome things to do in Fayetteville and lots of young families. It is slightly more liberal than other areas on NWA, primarily due to the university.

As for Bentonville, I love the place and if Crystal Bridges continues on the path it is headed there is no end to what there will be to do and see in the area over the next 10 years.

Yes, I am sure you can find month to month rentals or short term leases. As for buying, this is a great time. The interest rates, as you know, are as low as they will ever be, the prices have probably about bottomeed out as the market is coming back, with more new construction etc and there are a lot of homes on the market.

Good luck and keep us posted as to your progress.

Nita

Old 12-28-2011, 05:07 PM

4,019 posts, read 5,037,415 times
You are definitely not too old! As others have said, unless you are on Dickson, or around the general area of the university or its a football weekend, you will be fine. We know of 2 different couples that have moved there to retire. It's something we are considering for the future as well.

Old 12-29-2011, 08:33 AM

50,031 posts, read 42,368,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debzkidz View Post
You are definitely not too old! As others have said, unless you are on Dickson, or around the general area of the university or its a football weekend, you will be fine. We know of 2 different couples that have moved there to retire. It's something we are considering for the future as well.
In fact it is popular for vets because of the veterans hospital being there, the cultural activies and yes, the military cemetary. The entire NWA community is very middle age and older friendly.

Nita

Old 12-29-2011, 01:15 PM

25 posts, read 50,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesy77 View Post
My husband said he just doesn't want to feel like he's in a frat house if we go out for a drink somewhere. lol
That's gonna happen at most bars in fayetteville, especially dickson street.

The older crowd tends to gather 1. Earlier, the college kids don't even go out till 10:30 or 11(which is dumb, last call is at 2:00am). 2. In wine and cheese types of places.

If there is a cheap beer special advertised on the door, you aren't going to find the older generation.

That said, i'm 30 and my wife is 26 and we go to dickson every now and then and have a good time. Sometimes we will even rock out 50 cent beers at Platinum.

Old 12-29-2011, 01:18 PM

593 posts, read 755,547 times
To the OP~

I know of only one mgmt company that rents month to month. There may be more but none of the big companies. Big companies will do 9 and 12 month leases.

Moderator cut: snip

There may be some students who live here. I know one young professional who lives there and really likes it.

Last edited by Kimballette; 12-29-2011 at 01:27 PM.. Reason: Real estate recommendations are not permitted in the forums - please send a DM. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers