Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 11:17 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
yes, you are right about Trader Joes. The family that owns it and Aldi's are German. The brother who owed TJoes died last year. I don't know if the the other brother brought it out or what? I was raised in So Ca and remember the very frist Trader Joes in Pasadena.

As for FT Smith, tech it is considered NWA but I agree with you. To most of us, NWA is Fayetteville north to the border.

Believe it or not many of those you listed do live in Bentonville, etc. They are families with 2 incomes and are as middle to upper middle class as any other suburbs. of course not everyone fits the middle class group but enough do to allow for upscale shopping and dining. Look at other areas in the country with Whole Food stores for instance, they are not all "upscale" totally. Yes, NWA could support such a market, but I think a Trader J's would be more popular. As for Springdale, it is not, overall considered as affluent as the other mentioned cities.

Nita
Springdale might not be considered as affluent, but the reality is that it does have some very affluent areas and neighborhoods as well. As I said before, all of the communities have affluent up-scale neighborhoods. And all of the communities have lower-class neighborhoods as well. I would not characterize Rogers and Bentonville as being more affluent than the other communities in Northwest Arkansas, and most certainly not more affluent than Fayetteville.

Old 01-24-2012, 01:06 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Springdale might not be considered as affluent, but the reality is that it does have some very affluent areas and neighborhoods as well. As I said before, all of the communities have affluent up-scale neighborhoods. And all of the communities have lower-class neighborhoods as well. I would not characterize Rogers and Bentonville as being more affluent than the other communities in Northwest Arkansas, and most certainly not more affluent than Fayetteville.
I would agree with you on Fayetteville, in fact when we started house hunting 4 years ago, Fayetteville was out of our price range. Yes, Springdale has some better areas and yes, Rogers, Bentonville and BV have some pretty depressed sections, but I still would say they are more affluent overall than Springdale, Lowell, etc.

Old 01-24-2012, 02:27 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,160,625 times
Feel free to start a new thread about upscale communities in NW Arkansas. This thread is about Whole Foods. Thanks!

Old 01-26-2012, 11:53 PM

69 posts, read 172,929 times
I would so prefer a Whole Foods or Trader Joes over Fresh Market any day. Hopefully one will soon follow.

Old 01-29-2012, 12:16 PM

1,789 posts, read 4,342,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Intersesting you would ask this, I am trying to find a store that sells Cous cous by the package and a Whole Foods store would be the perfect place. Right now all I can find is the small boxes. I haven't heard about Whole foods coming in: hope you are right.

Nita

Well Nita you made me go and look it us. Never heard of Cous cous. You make it into a pasta? I do hope you guys get Whole Foods. I do a lot of shopping in your neck of the woods when visiting my parents. So you daughter is moving to Bella Vista. That will be nice having family in the same town.

Old 03-13-2012, 10:21 PM

1 posts, read 3,794 times
I work with a distributor that has whole foods as one of our accounts and can tell you that there will be one in pinnacle area in the near future... As well as a fresh market store...

Old 03-14-2012, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopper022 View Post
I work with a distributor that has whole foods as one of our accounts and can tell you that there will be one in pinnacle area in the near future... As well as a fresh market store...
thanks, now you need to go work for a distributor thar represents Trader Joe's and tell them to open here: after that, we need In&Out. When this is complete NWA will truely be heaven on earth.

Old 03-14-2012, 05:32 AM

1,279 posts, read 4,770,731 times
Dunkin Donut for my husband please! He is so addicted to their coffee, for his birthday two years ago we drove all the way up to Branson for coffee....

Old 03-14-2012, 07:00 PM

1 posts, read 3,772 times
Hi, new here & coming next month to Mtn Home to explore relocating here. Nita, have you checked Amazon? They do have access & ship cereals, etc-couscous might be available?

Old 03-15-2012, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Cody View Post
Hi, new here & coming next month to Mtn Home to explore relocating here. Nita, have you checked Amazon? They do have access & ship cereals, etc-couscous might be available?
Thanks, I think there are a couple of places on line, I will give it a try; Amazon has always been my friend when I don't have any others. We are heading to Vegas in May for about 10 days. I am going to pop into Trader Joe's there and hopefully, pick some up.

Nita

ps: a pre-welcome to you. Even though we aren't close to Mt Home or not very close we are north. I have heard lots of positive things about the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers