U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-20-2012, 03:27 PM

18,289 posts, read 14,436,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimballette View Post
LOL! I know - I'm surprised TJ's hasn't come to the area yet. It adds considerably to my quality of life - I recently rediscovered three buck Chuck merlot.
It was better when it was Two Buck Chuck!

Old 03-20-2012, 03:41 PM

1,231 posts, read 2,171,049 times
And I just heard a rumour there will be "A Cheesecake Factory coming to Rogers, across the highway from the Pinnacle Hills Promenade"... near the Neighbourhood Market there maybe?

Old 03-20-2012, 04:32 PM

18,289 posts, read 14,436,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin_ie View Post
And I just heard a rumour there will be "A Cheesecake Factory coming to Rogers, across the highway from the Pinnacle Hills Promenade"... near the Neighbourhood Market there maybe?
Then can an Elephant Bar be far behind?

Old 03-21-2012, 06:18 AM

47,264 posts, read 37,235,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
It was better when it was Two Buck Chuck!
It is still two Buck in California. or it was about a year ago, $3 everywhere else we have been, even AZ.

Old 03-21-2012, 06:50 PM

5,624 posts, read 5,419,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimballette View Post
Excellent point. I wonder if TJ's has any stores in dry counties.
TJ's operates in places where they cannot sell alcohol. In Pennsylvania and Maryland, for example, there is no alcohol sold in supermarkets. So it's for a different reason.

Old 03-21-2012, 07:18 PM

3,220 posts, read 2,970,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michgc View Post
TJ's operates in places where they cannot sell alcohol. In Pennsylvania and Maryland, for example, there is no alcohol sold in supermarkets. So it's for a different reason.
Interesting. Thanks!

Old 03-21-2012, 09:20 PM

11 posts, read 42,718 times
Quote:
I heard this today as well, only I was told they would move into the Border's location and Fresh Market would build their own building - lol!

The same person also swears that Whole Foods is not far behind, and that Trader Joe's may be in the works for Fayetteville. Fyv seems like a natural fit for TJ's, given the demographics and the fact that you can sell alcohol in Washington County. I've always thought it odd that we don't have one, considering all the California transplants we have and the fact that Aldi's is so visible in the area.

Next up I'd like to request Anthropologie, Jamba Juice, Sweet Tomatoes, and another department store besides Dillard's. And if I'm really dreaming, an AMC Fork & Screen. Maybe someday it'll happen, when we have more people. I think we just lack the population numbers for a lot of these chains.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:49 AM

28,005 posts, read 10,387,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectraToo View Post
I heard this today as well, only I was told they would move into the Border's location and Fresh Market would build their own building - lol!

The same person also swears that Whole Foods is not far behind, and that Trader Joe's may be in the works for Fayetteville. Fyv seems like a natural fit for TJ's, given the demographics and the fact that you can sell alcohol in Washington County. I've always thought it odd that we don't have one, considering all the California transplants we have and the fact that Aldi's is so visible in the area.

Next up I'd like to request Anthropologie, Jamba Juice, Sweet Tomatoes, and another department store besides Dillard's. And if I'm really dreaming, an AMC Fork & Screen. Maybe someday it'll happen, when we have more people. I think we just lack the population numbers for a lot of these chains.
I think Belk's is a good alternative to Dillard's. Years ago we had Campbell Bell which was very nice.

Old 03-22-2012, 04:04 PM

47,264 posts, read 37,235,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectraToo View Post

i could see a TJoe's in the Fayetteville, Rogers area for sure and am guessing they might not be too far from having one. They have them in KC, TN, KY and now in Tx (or soon anyway. Yes, the democgraphics seem to fit, and they do like to locate where they can sell alcohal. I am surprised they have moved into parts of Maryland, but what do I know.

Supposedly, where you can find ALdi's, TJoes isn't far behind and visa versa. Now, lets just hope. We will be visiting Las Vegas in a few months. I will ask when we go to TJoes. It is amazing how well informed their sales staff is. A few years ago we asked, while in Albuquerque about T Joes in Dallas, a couple salespeople knew they would be moving in about 2 or 3 years down the road. That was a little less than 3 years ago. The same thing years ago when we were in Vegas and asked about Albuquerque, we were told they would be there in about a year and they were.

Nita

Old 03-27-2012, 12:46 PM

2,887 posts, read 4,881,541 times
Quote:

Cheesecake Factory only locates in large metro areas and I'm not sure if NW AR has a large enough population to support a Whole Foods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers