Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 08:56 PM

7 posts, read 12,658 times

Advertisements

I'm interested in purchasing a foreclosure in the Springdale/Fayetteville/Rogers/Bentonville area. Is any area preferable over the other? Anybody in that area know a good website that I can find some and a good Realtor that specializes in them? Also, what would rent for a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom home in a subdivision typically cost per month?

I am new to this forum so thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2012, 10:09 PM

1,230 posts, read 3,169,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishTimes View Post
I'm interested in purchasing a foreclosure in the Springdale/Fayetteville/Rogers/Bentonville area. Is any area preferable over the other? Anybody in that area know a good website that I can find some and a good Realtor that specializes in them? Also, what would rent for a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom home in a subdivision typically cost per month?

I am new to this forum so thanks in advance

In my opinion I would stick with Fayetteville. Fayetteville didn't experience quite the greed boom that Springdale/Bentonville/Rogers did thus houses have not lost as much value (don't get me wrong they have lost value just not as drastic of an amount as the other cities listed...mainly because they were much more responsible with issuing permits/sewer taps.

Also my opinion...you could not pay me to live in Springdale, for the most part it is just a dirty run down town now days. Yes, there are some nice areas but those seem to be few and far between.

Old 02-29-2012, 09:21 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,714,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrenee View Post
In my opinion I would stick with Fayetteville.
...you could not pay me to live in Springdale, for the most part it is just a dirty run down town now days. Yes, there are some nice areas but those seem to be few and far between.
I agree.....Fayetteville and Springdale are miles apart in their looks and feel as cities. The only thing in Springdale I've found that was good is the Jones Center, but you can still go there even if you live in Fayetteville.

There are also a couple of good antique stores in the downtown section of Springdale, which is also pretty neat, but nothing to move there for.

Old 02-29-2012, 09:24 AM

Thanks for the advice, I will look more into Fayetteville. Any particular areas in Fayetteville that you suggest? Anywhere to avoid? How much does rent for a 3 bedroom/2 bathroom home normally run in that area?

Old 02-29-2012, 09:27 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,714,406 times
You will have to wait for someone else to answer those questions, as I do not live there, have only been there a few times. All I know about is the "feel" and look of the two cities.

But do a search of the boards on Fayetteville, and you may find some of your questions answered that way.

Old 02-29-2012, 10:40 AM

730 posts, read 2,249,396 times
Over the years I have rented several houses in Fayetteville. All 3 bedroom with a yard for 750-900 a month. Of course the 900$ month was the nicest but the one for 750$ was perfectly acceptable for my kids & I.

Old 02-29-2012, 01:30 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,356,591 times
everyone is saying fayetteville, I think you should consider Rogers as well. SOme of the nicest homes in NWA are in Rogers and Bentonville as well as Fayetteville. As for a realtor specializiing in foreclosures, I don't think anyy of them do and foreclosures are not as common now as about 6 months ago. Any reputable realtor will work with you.

As for $900 or less per month in Fayetteville, I would want to check out the neighborhoods. A lot depends on what you are really looking for. What one person says is nice, someone else might find the pits. OUr grandaughter and her husband were renting a 3 bedroom 1 plus bath duplex 3 years ago for $600 a month, in a not so nice nieghborhood. They were Fayetteville address but actually in Johnson.

Oh as for a website just try Realtor.com. Often they will list if the homes are foreclosures or not.

Old 02-29-2012, 02:14 PM

602 posts, read 1,511,601 times
Irish~ Are you looking for an investment property? You buy a foreclosure and then rent it out to someone else? Or are you looking for something for YOU to live in?

Short answer--look for homes near schools. If an investment property, anything close to the UofA should be considered.

Depending on what type of property you're looking for, I will expand on my answer for areas of Fayetteville.

Old 02-29-2012, 04:07 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,356,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGreatEscape View Post
Irish~ Are you looking for an investment property? You buy a foreclosure and then rent it out to someone else? Or are you looking for something for YOU to live in?

Short answer--look for homes near schools. If an investment property, anything close to the UofA should be considered.

Depending on what type of property you're looking for, I will expand on my answer for areas of Fayetteville.
I was thinking the same thing: that is why my response. What does the OP really want? If it is an investment property there are some areas that would work great and give him a return, if it is as his residence we are looking at something very different.

Old 02-29-2012, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGreatEscape View Post

Well, both actually. I am looking for an investment property that I can live in for a few years (probably 1-2) and then rent out to tenants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers