Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2013, 03:28 PM

1 posts, read 1,041 times

Advertisements

I know, it's another relocation thread, and to top it off, my first post on this forum.
I have been researching this for over a year, and have browsed these forums for hours at a time. I'm trying to get the most up-to-date info I can.

My wife, 3 boys, and myself are looking to move into the Bella Vista area around the beginning of March this year. As I've said, I've done more research on this transition than I care to think. LOL

My wife and I are looking at available rental properties, and have been in contact with many of them over the last month. The problem we are facing, is that the listings are all current, and not up-coming. So I am still searching for a property. mod cut I am certified in welding and auto repair, so either industry would suite well. I seem to be seeing a lack of metal fabrication companies, and jobs in general. We will be moving down essentially "jobless" and seeking employment once I am there and able to interview face to face. We do have a business designing and creating vinyl graphics,signage,banners etc... so that will be setup and functioning to aid with the household income until I can find a full time "day job"

We also have 3 boys 2 in elementary, and one in middle school. I've seen a lot of good reviews on Bentonville school district, and have no real concerns about that. Our oldest 2 are actually being home schooled now, but we would like to have them in a regular school after moving so that they can make friends and finally start growing roots.

So basically I'm searching for information as follows:
1.) Is Bella Vista the right area (per the housing description above)?
2.) I'm seeing jobs listed more towards the metropolitan areas of Bentonville, Fayetteville, Rogers etc - Are 3.) these areas a far commute? Google maps only tells part of the story. My current commute is about 15 minutes one way, but have no issues with 30-45 minutes (as long as the pay supports it )
4.)What is the typical pay scale for welders or high level auto technicians?
5.)If you are not originally from the area, what are your views on the area? Are you regretful of your decision - any input is appreciated.

I think that sums it all up - until I click post and will remember 10 other things LOL

Thanks in advance to all who read/respond. I am getting really excited about this new chapter in life.

Last edited by Sam I Am; 01-07-2013 at 04:14 AM.. Reason: Sorry, this is considered advertising which is not allowed. You might post in the Classifieds section of C-D
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2013, 12:26 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,924,908 times
I don't know much about Bella Vista, but the "nice" rental properties there are probably the most affordable in the area (compared to Rogers, Bentonville, Springdale and Fayetteville).

I've found in my own experience that securing a rental is hard to do in advance. Usually landlords don't know what is available until a month or just a week before it is available.

The commute to Rogers is not bad at all. Probably 10-15 minutes. The highway gets congested during rush hour, but they are expanding it sometime soon (not sure exactly when). It's still not bad in my opinion.

I've never driven all the way to Fayetteville, but I think you can get there in around 30 minutes.

I live in Bentonville. I've lived in several different states and I really like this part of the country so far (been here a few months now). It's a nice combo of small rural feel plus some urban stuff too. The trees and hills are nice too. And the weather is very moderate. It's a little on the conservative side (which a lot of people like) and most people seem to be really friendly.

I have no idea about jobs, though. I would be nervous moving here without a job first, although "technically" the unemployment rate is low here.

Last edited by soanchorless; 01-09-2013 at 12:34 PM..

Old 01-09-2013, 03:53 PM

1,205 posts, read 2,689,947 times
OP there are quite a few welding certifications you could have.
What makes you a high level auto tech?
I had an interview with a company in Springdale about 3 years ago for a welding job that makes and installs custom jacuzzis (If I'm remembering right). For shop welding I'd guess you'd probably make between $10-15/hr unless you have a ton of experience.
If you are 6g certified or something it might be different, I hate stick welding personally.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:04 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
I can't answer your questions about the job market except to say, AR overall, as I am sure you know, has a very positive market and a low unemployment rate. Yes, the salaries are low (I don't know where you are now living) but the COL is also low. Bella Vista, especially on the east side of 71 is becoming very family friendly.

I would suggest you contact a good realtor asap and get some ideas. I can't recommend anyone because it is against City Datas policy and should be, but you can PM and I can give you some names of top companies in the area. Sometimes thay have information about rentals that will be coming available as leases start to run out.

Good luck,

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers